phone not listed in rsd lite

metalmodder

Reaction score
need help... been trying to flash for about 5 days now... issue is that I have the latest drivers installed for Win7 64bit, have RSD lite 4.6, have the data cable plugged in and the phone in bootloader, but the phone does not show up in the list in RSD lite. I have tried both settings for recognition, but it still doesn't show up... I am getting really annoyed at this point. Please help!

droidman101

Reaction score
need help... been trying to flash for about 5 days now... issue is that I have the latest drivers installed for Win7 64bit, have RSD lite 4.6, have the data cable plugged in and the phone in bootloader, but the phone does not show up in the list in RSD lite. I have tried both settings for recognition, but it still doesn't show up... I am getting really annoyed at this point. Please help!

try unplugging and replugging it in
edit: win7 has had issues with rsdlite in the past

OP
M

metalmodder

Reaction score
yeah... been there done that... what I was hoping for was something a little more advanced...

I'll add some more info here as well... adb can see my phone, but is unable to push to it due to some sort of permissions error. I think it's somehow related to why my phone does not show up in rsd. Oh also my phone is running 2.2

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have administrative privileges for your PC? Also, you need at least RSDLite 4.7, with updated drivers from Motorola.

OP
M

metalmodder

Reaction score
I have been building computers for about 14 years now, so any of that kind of stuff has already been done...

I was told that 4.6 was the most stable version... but I will try the other versions if I can find them...

anything else that I should try?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been building computers for about 14 years now, so any of that kind of stuff has already been done...

I was told that 4.6 was the most stable version... but I will try the other versions if I can find them...

anything else that I should try?

Have you tried completely removing the older RSDLite and devices from the Device Manager?

I understand you have PC experience, but after my experience in the PCS world, I've come to understand that PCS software is some of the trickiest software to use. Sometimes, it's just not as simple as installing the software, and it working like it should.

OP
M

metalmodder

Reaction score
very true... I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling, I just tried versions 4.7 and 4.9... but still not showing...

OP
M

metalmodder

Reaction score
worked, but now there's a different problem... the phone no longer sees the sd card, charger, or 3g

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Is this an extension of the same issue you've been posting in the unroot/unbrick thread? If so, I think we should continue it here instead of there. It makes it easier to track since that thread is so old and long.

But just in case, which exact .sbf file did you use? And instead of saying the one in that thread, name it exqactly as there are two there.

OP
M

metalmodder

Reaction score
it was sort of 2 different issues that merged into one... but it's solved now... I have no clue what I did, but I got it to do a full boot, allowed it to grab some updates, and now it's working great! I can't seem to get it to take an overclock higher than 800mhz... but at this point I'm calling it good...