Rooting 2.3.0

awdftw

Reaction score
Have you looked into z4root? I have used it on my D2 and it works perfectly and is super simple. its in the marketplace.

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
Have you looked into z4root? I have used it on my D2 and it works perfectly and is super simple. its in the marketplace.
Yep, that's what I'm using. I'm just trying to figure out RSDLite and SBH or whatever at this point.

Also, your username.
I recognize it. ;)

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
Renaming the files to .bak takes more work than just moving them to an alternate location. I created a separate directory, moved all of the unwanted apps there. If I ever have to move them back I can move them all at once, no renaming necessary.
I'm hoping this makes sense once I actually start rooting and playing around with the apps. :)

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
I just want to get rid of the bloatware. I'll just convert the stuff with Titanium Backup, assuming it functions the same way.

EDIT: "functions the same way," as in "renaming things from .apk to .bak freezes them and removes them from the screen."

Just bumping to make sure this is correct.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

danwanna

Reaction score
If you are even a little nervous use the z4root and TI Backup freeze. There is still some risk, but it makes it a lot less likely that you will accidentally do something that will mess you up.

I was rooted and ran custom ROMs all the time on my D1 (did it the hard way when it first came out) but I just got around to rooting and freezing the bloat on my D2 today. Find the thread with the confirmed "safe" programs to freeze and you should be in the clear.

Just remember to unfreeze before applying the next OTA whenever that comes.

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
Yeah, I just need to make sure I understand how to make a backup in case I do something terribly wrong.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App