Return Droid X to stock

budweiser

Reaction score
I've rooted my droidx and un installed bloatware such as blockbuster, kindle, amazon mp3, etc. I'm still running the original os 2.1. Am I going to have problems upgrading to os 2.2? If so, I want to know what i need to return my droid x to the new out of the box state.
Thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
put all the bloatware back on the DX. or flash the SBF found over at Rootzwiki

OP
B

budweiser

Reaction score
Thanks, found instructions on Rootzwiki on returning back to stock. I'll give that a try

Productof82

Reaction score
I just wanted to post a message saying that this method definitely DOES work. I had to do it last night on my DX and all that was needed after following the instructions was to reactivate my phone and pull my contacts back down via BakupAssistant.

Just to be safe, make sure that your battery is charged to atleast 80%...bad time for it to die.

dancedroid

OP
B

budweiser

Reaction score
Ok, got the phone re-installed to stock. I heard that if you root it, but leave all the bloatware on the phone that you can still update without un rooting. Is this true? And, Does anyone know when 2.2 is going to be officially released over the air?

Thanks for all the help so far!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, got the phone re-installed to stock. I heard that if you root it, but leave all the bloatware on the phone that you can still update without un rooting. Is this true? And, Does anyone know when 2.2 is going to be officially released over the air?

you will lose root when you do the OTA. and no one knows for sure when its coming..

validoption

Reaction score

Root does not matter to The Update, only bloat. So you're fine. You will lose root after the update, but there is much hope the D2 root method will work.

No official word on the OTA. Some sources say a week, others say several weeks, all are conjecture and not from the Mouth of Moto.

Sent from my DROIDX

validoption

Reaction score

you will lose root when you do the OTA. and no one knows for sure when its coming..

JINX!

Sent from my DROIDX

luv2increase

Reaction score
It will be out by September 21st without a doubt. So, it will be sometime within the next 15 days.