How to remove the Kindle app? Droid 2. Rooted & Bootstrapped.

xmguy

Reaction score
I've rooted and added bootstrap to have a nandroid backup of stock. I also have the SBF 2.2 for the Droid 2.

I've removed the following.

VZ Nav

Blockbuster

I want to rid the phone of Kindle. I've looked in root explorer can't find the Kindle apk anywhere. How do I remove it?

servantofelyon

Reaction score
The app is named something other than Kindle. Which is something you'll find more often than not.

Look for 'redding-7648-signed-zipped.apk'

That's the application name.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
The app is named something other than Kindle. Which is something you'll find more often than not.

Look for 'redding-7648-signed-zipped.apk'

That's the application name.

THANKS! 10 chars

kevinlaw

Reaction score
Please help!

Can you give me the link to your 2.2 and tell me how the bootstrap thing works. I removed kindle, skype... etc with Titanium pro after I rooted my phone, but I would like to be able to put them back on.

Also, how exactly did you underclock... and how much does it help the battery? Sorry for the newbie questions but if you could exactly explain to me my questions it would be great, because I just keep getting real vague answers that don't help at all.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Can you give me the link to your 2.2 and tell me how the bootstrap thing works. I removed kindle, skype... etc with Titanium pro after I rooted my phone, but I would like to be able to put them back on.

Also, how exactly did you underclock... and how much does it help the battery? Sorry for the newbie questions but if you could exactly explain to me my questions it would be great, because I just keep getting real vague answers that don't help at all.

The 2.3.20 link is : TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

You also need RSD Lite. This will FLASH your Droid 2 to STOCK as it came from VZW.

I UNDERclock to save battery. The phone runs 2.0 Ghz but uses the same battery as the Droid 1 that ran 600 Mhz but I overclocked to 800 Mhz. It worked well. Since they BOTH use the same battery but the Droid 2 is faster it will use the battery faster. If I underclock to 800 Mhz it will last longer as I don't need the 2.0 Ghz speed 98% of the time. You can get SetCPU from the market. You cannot damage the phone by underclocking it. It will just slow the responce and speed.

As far as bootstrapping. It's a bit complex. But if you are a newbie. All you really need it for is backup and restore. If you make changes or switch Droid 2's you can install this app and it runs at boot up. Then you can backup or restore a previous backup. Once restored it's like it never happened. Look up Bootstrap for Droid 2 on the market.

Good luck man!

joeld82

Reaction score
Of you want to be able to reinstall just use titanium to back them up first.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The 2.3.20 link is : TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

You also need RSD Lite. This will FLASH your Droid 2 to STOCK as it came from VZW.

I UNDERclock to save battery. The phone runs 2.0 Ghz but uses the same battery as the Droid 1 that ran 600 Mhz but I overclocked to 800 Mhz. It worked well. Since they BOTH use the same battery but the Droid 2 is faster it will use the battery faster. If I underclock to 800 Mhz it will last longer as I don't need the 2.0 Ghz speed 98% of the time. You can get SetCPU from the market. You cannot damage the phone by underclocking it. It will just slow the responce and speed.

As far as bootstrapping. It's a bit complex. But if you are a newbie. All you really need it for is backup and restore. If you make changes or switch Droid 2's you can install this app and it runs at boot up. Then you can backup or restore a previous backup. Once restored it's like it never happened. Look up Bootstrap for Droid 2 on the market.

Good luck man!

However, before flashing the SBF, do a data/cache wipe. If you simply load the SBF, you will still have the SU icon, but no SU access.