Root Problems

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
At this point doesn't matter if on a mac or pc. Or you can download it straight to your phone. Either way you need to rename it update.zip place it on the root of your sdcard, then boot into recovery (hold x+power button) when there go to install, then select allow update.zip (screen will just flash), then select sdcard update (deprecated) can't remember exact wording but its option 3. Then when its done reboot.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Be careful if you download it on your mac as I've heard sometimes they unzip zip files automatically.

OP
J

jive495

Reaction score
OK this video was for phones that has the 2.0.1 OS(firmware). If you had that version great. If however, you had 2.1 then you need to follow this linkhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

What OS (firmware) did you have prior to rooting?

Mike

I had the 2.0.1 OS. The main reason I wanted to root was cause I wanted the 2.1 update and could not wait for the OTA.

I had already tried the steps in your link but tried them again and I had the same results. The RSDlite program will not recognize my phone. Under the "Model" column it says "SE Flash OMAP3430 MI". Ive tried both methods under the config>device id options and neither work, in fact if I check "automatic deviceid" nothing shows up at all.

Last edited:

Droidee

Reaction score
OK. I added the zip file and named it update.zip. i went into SPrecovery, wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache partition, clicked on install, allowed update,zip installation, (flash noted), clicked on install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated) and still got the below error:

Install from sdcard
Finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package
E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted

Am I correct that this could only be coming from a properly installed SPrecovery?

Last edited:
OP
J

jive495

Reaction score
OK. I added the zip file and named it update.zip. i went into SPrecovery, wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache partition, clicked on install, allowed update,zip installation, (flash noted), clicked on install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated) and still got the below error:

Install from sdcard
Finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package
E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted

Am I correct that this could only be coming from a properly installed SPrecovery?

I dont think its that cause Im getting the same errors trying to install SPrecovery, or anything else for that matter.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok this might work for both of you. Do a nandroid install of a ROM. I like chevyno1's you can run anything you want after install but this should get you root. Download the nandroid unzip it place it the nandroid folder of your sdcard, boot into recovery, choose backup/restore, then simple nandroid backup. This just makes a backup of a clean running phone, just in case. Then back out and wipe data and cache, then go pick advanced nandroid restore. Choose rom ( first option) pick chevy's rom then perform restore. When done reboot and hopefully enjoy the goodness.

Droidee

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but could you give me a link to this rom? I punched it in and got a gazillion hits. Thank you

OP
J

jive495

Reaction score
Ok, I found another post some place else about people having the same problem with RSDlite not recognizing your phone. It turns out it did recognize my phone I just had to have the .sbf file on the root of the C drive on my computer. I moved the file and I was able to start the process of flashing my phone, the key word here is "start". It failed as soon as it started. I tried two different .sbf files and both failed right away any suggestions on this problem? Am I better off taking this thing to verizon and letting them flash it? I dont even care about my warranty at this point I just want to get this to work.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'll get the link

As for the failed sbf flash keep trying it often fails. And be sure to check sometimes it says it fails and actually worked.

OP
J

jive495

Reaction score
I tried a couple times but Ill try some more. I have the debugging bridge turned on, does that matter?

Ive now tried multiple times with multiple .sbf files with/without 64bit drivers and with multiple ver of RSDlite and still failing.

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This is a link to a different rom than I mentioned but should still work *********** - online file sharing and storage - download Succulent-Desire-v-4.5.zip

As for the debugging it shouldn't matter the boot loader is seperate from the OS. I'm not super familiar with rsd and all the issues so hoping some else can chime in if you keep having problems.

OP
J

jive495

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I have read on multiple posts about people having problems with Win7 and RSDlite but when they try it on XP it works fine. I have a buddy who is running XP and he said I could come over and give it a try on his computer.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Cool let us know if it works for ya

Droidee

Reaction score
OK. I think this phone hates me. LMAO. Now I have succulent desire and am stuck in the explosion loop. Help me I just can't believe this. I am in hysterics.lol

OP
J

jive495

Reaction score
I actually got it to run this time on an XP OS but when it gets to 100% it just says "waiting for re-enumeration" and does nothing. I cant shut the phone off at that point either. I have to pull the battery. Anyone know what this means?