Trying to root my X, and nothing is working.

koralyne

Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive been trying to figure out how to root my droid x the past few days, and to be honest, nothing is working. I checked out the hack thread stickied above, and to root it says to use the GUI rooter, but that wont work, ive tried about a hundred times and each time it says failed to root.

So i tried to do it manually, and i cant even install the SDK because it says that i dont have the java program installed (which i had just installed) so i cant install it. Then i tried the guide that has the DL link for a folder called 'dorootforme' which has a .bat file in it, which doesnt work even with admin privs.

ack, im at my wits end! can anybody help me? my end goal is to get Dark Android for rubiX 1.9.5 installed.

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
Scratch that. I rooted just now using the computerless version with the terminal emulator.

Now, ive got a question, what is bootstrap loader, and how do i install it?

07Dually

Reaction score
Scratch that. I rooted just now using the comp.terless version with the terminal emulator.

It is called Droid X Recovery Bootstrap. Download it from the Android Market and load it just like any other app.
I rooted with Z4Root and it was easy and worked great.

grolson

Reaction score
Don't go to far too fast

Before you go any further, get the titanium backup, load it, then get the up grade to PRO, its worth it, Back up, freeze what you want, and you're good to go. If you're thinking of tethering, I got the android tether and its working great. Good luckdancedroiddancedroid

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Scratch that. I rooted just now using the computerless version with the terminal emulator.

Check out my signature for a bootstrapper tutorial...

Next time just use z4 root..