1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Trouble rooting

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by CongoJack90, Jan 1, 2010.

1. CongoJack90

CongoJack90 New Member

Hi everyone, im a new member to these forums but ive been lurking here for a while now as a guest and I really admire these forums. I know its kinda early to be asking questions but ive been trying to root my droid and i downloaded the superuser.zip and moved it to my SDcard and whatnot. But when i go to the boot screen and try and install update.zip it tells me that no such file exists and it aborts the installation. I dont know what im doing wrong here, but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR New Member

You need to rename the superuser.zip file to update.zip before you copy it to your SD card.
  3. CongoJack90

CongoJack90 New Member

Yeah I renamed it update.zip but everytime I go to the reboot screen and select update.zip it tries to install it but just says no such file exists.

do i have to write .zip when renaming the file or just update?