cannot reroot

izzo540

Reaction score
I'm on GB no root on my DX. I'm thinking of doing the SBF back to the .340 build and get root. I see on theTBH toolbox that you can download the SBF and RSDLite files to your phone. Can you, and if you can, how do you run these to get back to the .340 build. I'm not good at doing a SBF on the computer. Any help is appreciated

You aren't really downloading RSD lite, instead they compiled it so that its a .zip executable.. BTW I didnt scroll down so if someone answered this already my bad, i opened a new tab to answer this while it was fresh, but anyway you download the blackhat zip file into a folder on your sd car "team black hat" and you run droid x bootstrapper or droid 2 bootstrapper as a super user to bootstrap recovery and then you flash the .340 "Sbf" zip and that will drop you back to the original .340 state of the phone and you will be unrooted. [make sure you downloaded tbh's gingerbread rooted DX .zip also - that will be located in the same folder as the "sbf" zip] now reroot your droid after you dropped to the .340 using z4root or some such method.. z4root 1.3.0.apk worked for me when i did this. AFter you reroot successfully bootstrap recover.. Drop into the bootstrapper and flash your gingerbreadrooted.zip or whatever its called in the teamblackhat folder on your SD card.. And bamzo.. never had to SBF once on the PC

Krazytekn0

Reaction score
Tried the battery pull thing I'll sbf and try it again when I get home in the morning if that doesn't work im selling this and buying an iphone

Since you can't mod your phone you now want an iphone? That makes no sense at all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
Tried the battery pull thing I'll sbf and try it again when I get home in the morning if that doesn't work im selling this and buying an iphone

Since you can't mod your phone you now want an iphone? That makes no sense at all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you would have read my other posts you would have seen that I did manage to root it again and I was considering selling this and buying an iphone yes my phone my money my decision at the moment I'm happy with this again dunno why that doesn't make sense but ok was thinking of doing that anyhow before this happened im getting bored with it if that's wrong so be it btw thanks for making your very first post about what kind of phone i choose to own

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

davidcarlin68

Reaction score
Ok so I have a problem I rooted my phone to get gb and then uprooted now superuser app is stuck and wont uninstall and I have been trying to re root with ginger break and it doesn't work plus clockwork mod is missing now I am an inexperienced rooter and not very familiar with sbcglobal and not even sure how to back up my phone so if I screw this up im screwed can anyone help please