Backing up phone for sbf to Froyo

brandon890

Reaction score
ok, so im on verizons GB, and ive decided to sbf back to stock froyo so I can tether. I am just wondering if once I do that, the stock backup assistant on my phone will be able to put everything back how it was, or if I should use a different app. I read up on titanium backup, but that requires root.. So will the backup assistant do what I need it to? I dont want to lose everything on my phone

milski65

Reaction score
There is a free version of titanium. It takes a lot longer to do all your back ups (individually versus batch). I think backup assistanct from Verizon will only do contacts.

OP
B

brandon890

Reaction score
but im on gingerbread, and titanium requires root

milski65

Reaction score
Just checked. they used to have a free (unrooted) version in the market. I couldn't find it. Check the market for Android app manager That might help you out. Or MyBackup Pro. One of these should do what you need. Froyo vs GB is not an issue with apps (maybe a rare occasion I'm unaware of).

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Titanium needs root, absolutely. Try antek app manager or my backup, but unless you have root, you cannot back up data. Google will back up the apps, but data.... no

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8