cannot reroot

louy99

Reaction score
ok so the sbf file i used the first time i used again and it didnt do anything the second one i used gave me an error now im trying another if this doesnt work this things going on ebay might as well jump ship considering how friendly the people in this forum are

http://db.tt/0WRHX49

This is one I have used and works good

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
Yes I'm back on froyo debugging is checked I've tried z4 root and one click root nothing works z4 root hangs forever and one click tells me I'm rooted but I'm not

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
What file is that louy99 it won't let me dl it on my phone I'll try it on the comp later I work nights I'm going to bed lol

Reaction score
what verzion of z4 are you using? if battery pulls and retrying aren't working, i had heard some later verzions of z4 were no longer working. for what it's worth, i was able to root mine with version 1.3.0

Reaction score
i don't know about that file. it looks like it's the 2.2.320 sbf, but the official is 2.3.340. i don't know if it will make a difference, but being how i am, i would err on the side of caution and just use the 2.3.340

Last edited:

jrgreen1

Reaction score
I'm on GB no root on my DX. I'm thinking of doing the SBF back to the .340 build and get root. I see on theTBH toolbox that you can download the SBF and RSDLite files to your phone. Can you, and if you can, how do you run these to get back to the .340 build. I'm not good at doing a SBF on the computer. Any help is appreciated

Reaction score
while there is a 2.3.340 update.zip in the TBH app, it will not do you any good if you are on the non-rooted gingerbread, as you must be rooted to get into clockwork recovery to apply them. plus, you should never flash a file for a different system version than you're on without sbf'ing to the correct version first (e.g. if you are on gingerbread, don't flash something for froyo without going back to froyo first)

your only way back to 2.3.340 from gingerbread is via an sbf on your computer.

Last edited:

turdbogls

Reaction score
ok so the sbf file i used the first time i used again and it didnt do anything the second one i used gave me an error now im trying another if this doesnt work this things going on ebay might as well jump ship considering how friendly the people in this forum are

i am sorry if you took my comments in a harsh way. i feel i am one of the nicest guys on here and try to help out as much as i can when i feel i have the knowledge. it is just when you mod your phone, you are taking a chance of messing it up, or running into issues. thats all i was saying, maybe not as nice as that, but that was my point. sorry to upset you.

there are a few things you could do.
you said you tried Z4 and it just hangs....how many time did you try it and how long did you let it run for. i remember when i used Z4 to root my phone after taking the 2.3.340 update, i let it run for over 20 minutes before it took. also, i was using version 1.3 as i have read some newer version done work. i would let it run for like a half hour next time you do it, if it still is running, pull battery and give it a go again. and do it a couple more times just to make sure iif it doesn't take.

then i would probably SBF again and try re-rooting.

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
Sorry just very frustrated I'm using z4 1.3 I just let it run for almost 4 hours while I was asleep still on the same screen did a battery pull tried it again still nothing I'm gonna try a factory first then sbf again btw ive tried running z4 root i dunno numerous times

Last edited:
OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
holy **** i just googled z4 root found version 1.1 ran that and it worked haha thanks guys sorry for venting earlier now im back in business dancedroid

turdbogls

Reaction score
holy **** i just googled z4 root found version 1.1 ran that and it worked haha thanks guys sorry for venting earlier now im back in business dancedroid

Interesting...i just SBFd and rooted with Z4 1.3 on the second try. These phones are so weird sometimes.

Glad you got it working.

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score

Interesting...i just SBFd and rooted with Z4 1.3 on the second try. These phones are so weird sometimes.

Glad you got it working.

Thanks I knew it was something simple the fact that I couldn't figure out what was driving me nuts

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums