Few Questions

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Hello everyone ive been reading a few things around the forums not too much but basically ive read the z4root and the quick root one i think thats what its called
basically i want to know if i do root it from one of these how would i reroot it back to the original state if needed?
would i have to change kernels if i wanted to change the my theme or reboot animation? (havent really read up on these two)
do i have to change any settings when i root? like kernel or downgrade to a lower system version? right now im at 2.3.340

thanks for the comments/replies

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Z4root has an unroot button, once you root.

If you want to apply a rom then you have to download Droid X Bootstrap In the market. Once you download and install, select the reboot into recovery and then make a backup Before you apply any roms.

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 but you have to run Bootstrap Recovery first so they'll be a recovery to reboot into ;)

Z4root has an unroot button, once you root.

If you want to apply a rom then you have to download Droid X Bootstrap In the market. Once you download and install, select the reboot into recovery and then make a backup Before you apply any roms.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
T

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I'm guessing its not free? And so far my list of apps are titanium backup bootstrap still need to read up on some roms anything else?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
T

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
thanks for the replies as for the your third link i think those are little bit more complicated then what im looking for but still much appreciated
i think ill go with the j4root ill keep looking around for other methods to see what else would help too