Root Problems

OP
J

jive495

Reaction score
Hallelujah!!! I got it. It turns out the "waiting for re-enumeration" error just means that you need 2.0 usb inputs. I actually had to upgrade my buddys computer with 2.0 usb inputs. All this means is that the only stumbling block I had here was that apparently Win7 and RSDlite do not play nice with each other. Once I upgraded his computer (XP OS) it worked first try.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
OK. I think this phone hates me. LMAO. Now I have succulent desire and am stuck in the explosion loop. Help me I just can't believe this. I am in hysterics.lol

Did you wipe data and cache before installing??

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droidee

Reaction score
I wiped data and cache then hit backup/restore, hit back up, clicked on succulent desire, clicked back to reboot. Is that correct?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe that is correct. Did Succulant Desire install?

Droidee

Reaction score
OMFreakingG I Finally have it. You guys are the best. Please allow me to at least buy you a brew.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you successfully installed Succulent Desire. Enjoy!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
OMFreakingG I Finally have it. You guys are the best. Please allow me to at least buy you a brew.
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

No need for anything. We do this totally for the fun of it. We all enjoy helping others and just ask that you pay it forward. If you see someone with a similar problem now you can help them out...and thats how we all get better at this.

slipknotver

Reaction score
i have trouble trying to root my Motorola droid 2.2 . ive tried using Universal Androot but it keeps giving me an error saying "Failed ! No fu goo. w/e taht means. ive also tried using "Easy Root" ive paid and got a key for it and when i used the app it says cingrats and now its rooted etc. and then says have to reboot to finished it and when i do nothing happens. I go back into the app again and it has me root it again. ive rooted it over n over and each time says congrats its rooted but when i reboot it doesnt do anything. the app says when i reboot and go back into the app it will bring me right to this page where it suggests apps to use but it doesn't it just has me root it again. Ive also tried downloading some update i was reading abotu n doing the hold X thing then hit volume and camra etc and install that was but i get errors doing that too. iver watched videos on how to root with easy root and universal and ive done everything they have but its not working. any ideas?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
See Motocache1's guide to rooting.

Easyroot and androot DO NOT work for rooting 2.2.

A change was made to the stock recovery that makes it impossible to root without doing it the "long" or (what I like to call) correct way.

imgrtful

Reaction score

i just rooted my first droid with the 2.2 update on it.i tried the way i have done before using RSD Lite and then adding on SPRecovery but had major issues.then i found this in someones sig while searching the forums to find out what i need to do.i also went back to 2.0.1 before i tried this so not exactly sure what the difference is going from straight 2.2 stock but im sure there is none.it got kinda scarey for a second and my cousin would have been worried if i showed her what it was doing.but this does work.so have fun.just make sure you have the correct drivers installed otherwise RSD Lite wont recognize your Droid

clover408

Reaction score
I did everything right but the system bin or something like that when I open super user... I'm on Jelly Bean

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I was having the same problems and then I used matts razr utility and had zero problems.... Just follow the steps to the tee and you will be good to go... Big matt

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4