[ROM] Zen-MIUI v2 Android 2.2 + MIUI

publicanimal

Reaction score
Guess I'm going to start over just flashed SS 4.8 loaded my contacts for the hell of it then going to flash MIUI over it no wiping and the fixes.. 3rd time is a charm? :p

That might be the key... I had my contacts loaded before I flashed Miui. Let us know if my file works after you do that so others know the file is good to use.

Will do just flashed MIUI and all the fixes sitting at the boot animation i'll let you know!

Cool... working now on a .zip that will also install stock SMS and MMS apps without theming.

DiGi91

Reaction score

publicanimal

Reaction score

DiGi91

Reaction score
Cool... working now on a .zip that will also install stock SMS and MMS apps without theming.

Looks like 3rd time is a charm!!! :p

Excellent! So now if you go to system Settings you have an Account and Sync Settings menu correct?

Yeah it's all working only thing now getting a ton of redraws and rotation isn't working?

Besides that everything is working flawless loving the MMS app and the dialer works without a hitch!

publicanimal

Reaction score
I just made a .zip that combines ALL fixes for this ROM (all the ones I needed anyhow - didn't have issues w/ Market), no theming required:

It includes fixes for:

Account and Sync issues
Keyboard backlight issue
Stock Miui MMS app
Haptic feedback tweaks
Call settings english translation

All bundled in one .zip for convenience. I haven't tested it yet so I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I will post the link as soon as I test (give me about 30 minutes).

Last edited:

burkett375

Reaction score
I just made a .zip that combines ALL fixes for this ROM (all the ones I needed anyhow - didn't have issues w/ Market), no theming required:

It includes fixes for:

Account and Sync issues
Keyboard backlight issue
Stock Miui MMS app
Haptic feedback tweaks
Call settings english translation

All bundled in one .zip for convenience. I haven't tested it yet so I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I will post the link as soon as I test (give me about 30 minutes).

Nice! Thanks for workin on that.

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Here's a question for one of the geniuses on this thread: would it be possible to add a 'sort by name' option to the menu? I would think it would work best if it sorted each screen individually and also have the option in each folder.

Possible? Impossible? Stupid Question?

publicanimal

Reaction score
Here's a question for one of the geniuses on this thread: would it be possible to add a 'sort by name' option to the menu? I would think it would work best if it sorted each screen individually and also have the option in each folder.

Possible? Impossible? Stupid Question?

I would love it if there was. After my first install I had just got done alphabetizing all my apps on the home screens when I realized that the dialer didn't work and I was going to have to start over. I still haven't gone back and done it again... but I have a nice treat for everybody coming in a couple minutes.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to worry about your apps downloading. You flash this over an existing ROM without wiping so all your apps should be there. If they are on your home screens but no in the market, in settings wipe data for the market app and they will show up when you open the market again.

I flashed over like you said, and all of my apps did stay. However, whenever I try to use Gmail or another core google based phone function, the Google Framework force closes on me.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to worry about your apps downloading. You flash this over an existing ROM without wiping so all your apps should be there. If they are on your home screens but no in the market, in settings wipe data for the market app and they will show up when you open the market again.

I flashed over like you said, and all of my apps did stay. However, whenever I try to use Gmail or another core google based phone function, the Google Framework force closes on me.

did u clear data for Google Framework

publicanimal

Reaction score
OK guys, here it is: All known fixes for the Miui ROM in a single .zip
MIUI_AllFixesInOne.zip

TESTED AND WORKING PERFECTLY! Sorry it took a while, after messing with Miui ROM for 11 hours I needed to take a short break and jump in the shower. :)

I am going to make this a comprehensive post so people don't have to spend the hours I did combing through everything.

FIXES ADDRESSED WITH THE ABOVE .ZIP:
- Accounts and Sync issues
- Keyboard backlight
- Includes "stock" Miui MMS app
- Haptic feedback tweaks
- Call settings translated to English

Outstanding Issues (Not addressed by this .zip):
- Force close when dialing *228
- Force close in Settings menu when tapping on SD Card & Phone Storage settings
- Not all apps will restore in Market upon install (EASILY ADDRESSED BY MAKING SURE ALL APPS ARE INSTALLED BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM)

NOOBS QUICK INSTALL GUIDE (For Zen Miui V2):
- Clear data/cache, flash ChevyNo1's SS4.8

- Tap green robot, login to google account, allow contacts and apps to restore (MAY TAKE A WHILE. BE PATIENT. Sometimes I find downloading a new app will jumpstart the app restoration process in the market.)

- Install above .zip on SD Card

- Boot into recovery, install ZenMuiuV2 - DO NOT WIPE DATA/CACHE

- After reboot ignore force closes, then go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

- Tap ALL

- Locate Contact Storage, tap it, then tap Clear Data, then locate Google Services Framework, tap it, then tap clear data
(It also wouldn't hurt to open ROM Manager and tap Fix Permissions at this point)

- Turn off phone, boot into recovery

- Flash above .zip (MIUI_AllFixesInOne.zip)

- REBOOT - ALL DONE. Enjoy Miui ROM!

One more thing: If you have Root Explorer or equivalent, after doing this go into your /system/app folder and at the top you will see two similarly named files. One is AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and the other is AccountsAndSyncSettings.apk. The only one you need is the first one (singular Account, you don't need the one with the plural Accounts). The file name discrepancy is the reason there is a problem with account syncing on Miui. You can now delete the second file without causing any problems.

OK, I'm going to go take the dog for a much needed walk!

EDIT 10/2: To be clear, the "stock" Miui dialer and contacts WILL NOT WORK if you wipe data/cache before installing Miui. This is the reason this guide has you install over SS 4.8. It might work coming from other ROMs as well but consensus on this thread is that coming from SS 4.8 (Simply Stunning) will give the most problem free installation.

EDIT 2: This trick has been around for a while, but if you are having issues with long redraws (or even short redraws) this might help. Thanks to jellybean420 for bringing my attention back to this fix.

Procedure:

Open Terminal Emulator and type the following commands (hit enter after each):

su

echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop

reboot

This will drastically reduce redraws.

Last edited:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
MIUI_AllFixesInOne.zip

TESTED AND WORKING PERFECTLY! Sorry it took a while, after messing with Miui ROM for 11 hours I needed to take a short break and jump in the shower. :)

I am going to make this a comprehensive post so people don't have to spend the hours I did combing through everything.

- Keyboard backlight
- Haptic feedback tweaks

- Not all apps will restore in Market upon install (EASILY ADDRESSED BY MAKING SURE ALL APPS ARE INSTALLED BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM)

- Tap green robot, login to google account, allow contacts and apps to restore (MAY TAKE A WHILE. BE PATIENT. Sometimes I find downloading a new app will jumpstart the app restoration process in the market.)

- After reboot ignore force closes, then go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

- Tap ALL

- Locate Contact Storage, tap it, then tap Clear Data, then locate Google Services Framework, tap it, then tap clear data
(It also wouldn't hurt to open ROM Manager and tap Fix Permissions at this point)

One more thing: If you have Root Explorer or equivalent, after doing this go into your /system/app folder and at the top you will see two similarly named files. One is AccountAndSystemSettings.apk and the other is AccountsAndSystemSettings.apk. The only one you need is the first one (singular Account, you don't need the one with the plural Accounts). The file name discrepancy is the reason there is a problem with account syncing on Miui. You can now delete the second file without causing any problems.

Thanks dude. this should be a sticky dancedroid

publicanimal

Reaction score
Thanks dude. this should be a sticky dancedroid

My pleasure. For the record, and I'm sure most of you are aware of this, I didn't do the legwork for any of this. I just combined other people's scattered fixes into a single fix so people can have a working, unthemed version of this ROM. HUGE props and thanks to those who contributed those isolated fixes/themes.

It would be just my luck if the new version of this ROM comes out tomorrow, making all my work for naught :)

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
MIUI_AllFixesInOne.zip

- Keyboard backlight
- Haptic feedback tweaks

- Tap ALL

One more thing: If you have Root Explorer or equivalent, after doing this go into your /system/app folder and at the top you will see two similarly named files. One is AccountAndSystemSettings.apk and the other is AccountsAndSystemSettings.apk. The only one you need is the first one (singular Account, you don't need the one with the plural Accounts). The file name discrepancy is the reason there is a problem with account syncing on Miui. You can now delete the second file without causing any problems.

Great work. I'll add it to the OP. Does it have the translated phone?

Last edited: