[ROM] Zen-MIUI v2 Android 2.2 + MIUI

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Whats the problem with linking fixes in the thread? No need to pm.

No problem, I just don't have a subscription to any file sharing services. If someone else wants to share it I'll send it over.

All I did was download the Galaxy theme and remove everything from it except the AccountAndSettingsSync.apk. That's about the limit of my expertise in creating flashable .zips.

If you can make one, maybe we can make the link in OP

newson

Reaction score
is there a fix for the Lockscreen Wallpaper Settings? every time I press it, I go straight to the Home screen

publicanimal

Reaction score
OK this is funny. Just checked out /system/app in Root Explorer and I think the only reason Account sync didn't work before was because the .apk was named AccountsAndSyncSettings.apk instead of AccountAndSyncSettings.apk (s at the end of account). Both files were still there. I deleted the one with the s at the end with no ill effects.

I wonder why this issue appears after coming from SS4.8 but not when installing after doing a data/cache wipe.

Last edited:

DiGi91

Reaction score
So after doing everything all over again and having it activated the dialer is working now MMS and others.. big issue i'm currently having is i keep getting fc's from google service frameworks and I cleared data I just keep getting them.

Edit: also getting "sync is currently experiencing problems" and my contacts have not synced yet..

Last edited:

publicanimal

Reaction score
Creating that account was really easy and fast, thanks for the link :)

OK Here is the link to the Account sync fix for those not interested in theming:

MiuiAccountSyncFix.zip

does it work. is it safe to post in OP

It worked perfectly for me but did not remove the incorrectly named .apk I mentioned above. That shouldn't cause any problems though.

Theoretically another fix would be to just rename the file I mentioned above in root explorer (delete the "s" from the end of Accounts in the AccountsAndSyncSettings.apk in /system/app), and you wouldn't need to flash my .zip. I have not tested this theory though.

DiGi91 - Did you flash the .zip I emailed you/linked to above? If he did then my fix didn't work for him... strange.

jellybean420

Reaction score

DiGi91

Reaction score
Creating that account was really easy and fast, thanks for the link :)

OK Here is the link to the Account sync fix for those not interested in theming:

MiuiAccountSyncFix.zip

It worked perfectly for me but did not remove the incorrectly named .apk I mentioned above. That shouldn't cause any problems though.

Theoretically another fix would be to just rename the file I mentioned above in root explorer (delete the "s" from the end of Accounts in the AccountsAndSyncSettings.apk in /system/app), and you wouldn't need to flash my .zip. I have not tested this theory though.

DiGi91 - Did you flash the .zip I emailed you/linked to above? If he did then my fix didn't work for him... strange.

Yeah I did flash that I followed the non wiping guide flashed SS 4.8 and flashed MIUI over it flash the phone, mms, keyboard, and account fixes getting that FC I mentioned and I don't have my contacts.. IDK what to do next :/

or what else to try..

publicanimal

Reaction score

Yeah I did flash that I followed the non wiping guide flashed SS 4.8 and flashed MIUI over it flash the phone, mms, keyboard, and account fixes getting that FC I mentioned and I don't have my contacts.. IDK what to do next :/

or what else to try..

Hmm... that's very odd. It worked for me. If you have root explorer check that the file is named correctly in /system/app (in the file name it should be Account not Accounts for AccountAndSystemSettings.apk).

I don't know why flashing my file didn't fix the issue though.

DiGi91

Reaction score

or what else to try..

Hmm... that's very odd. It worked for me. If you have root explorer check that the file is named correctly in /system/app (in the file name it should be Account not Accounts for AccountAndSystemSettings.apk).

Guess I'm going to start over just flashed SS 4.8 loaded my contacts for the hell of it then going to flash MIUI over it no wiping and the fixes.. 3rd time is a charm? :p

publicanimal

Reaction score

or what else to try..

Guess I'm going to start over just flashed SS 4.8 loaded my contacts for the hell of it then going to flash MIUI over it no wiping and the fixes.. 3rd time is a charm? :p

That might be the key... I had my contacts loaded before I flashed Miui. Let us know if my file works after you do that so others know the file is good to use.

DiGi91

Reaction score

That might be the key... I had my contacts loaded before I flashed Miui. Let us know if my file works after you do that so others know the file is good to use.

Will do just flashed MIUI and all the fixes sitting at the boot animation i'll let you know!

Edit: No contacts and still getting google service framework fc! ugh.. I'm going to go insane..

Edit 2: Contacts and apps are all synced lets see if I still get the FC!

Last edited: