[ROM] Zen-MIUI v2 Android 2.2 + MIUI

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i dont know if this will help you translate it or not, but i found out that you can paste a lot of code at once into google translate and it will translate it all for you at once.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks like the only thing that changed was a boot sound that was causing problems for some of their users.

edit : Scratch that, it's a lot of stuff. Looks like some possible fixes for the sync issues.

Last edited:

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is that all that's changed?
Just the apk's translated and compiled?

no on top of the translation it was designed for the N1 XML and Everything have to be ported to our device the Gaps we could use but the Framework and .jar files have to be ported first!!!

dmartins

Reaction score
It looks like the only thing that changed was a boot sound that was causing problems for some of their users.

edit : Scratch that, it's a lot of stuff. Looks like some possible fixes for the sync issues.
MIUI 0.9.29 was released yesterday and today they fixed a few bugs that it had.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
So this Rom is in beta for the desire and N1 as it is, so for us to expect a fully stable port is probably unreasonable until they release a fully stable version, correct?

aero313

Reaction score
New MIUI Translation Of Changelog dancedroid
MembersMIUIusershappy National Day!
National Day holiday because of the reasons for the upgrade ahead of Friday to Sept. 29 release, or the old time of 20:00. The Oct. 8 update will be suspended for a week.

Current Version: 0.9.30

Yesterday, after the 0.9.29 release, the boot tone caused problems for some users.
MIUI group decided to release an emergency today,OTAamendment to boot by default muted tone. At the same time, you can still put themselves and / data/local/bootaudio.mp3 file to customize the start-up tone.
The desktop will also be modified to switch the animation bug.

The update key is to enhance thesystem's stability andsoftwarecompatibility.
Recommendedfeatures
Compatibility The following software can be a major repair in the normal use of MIUI ROM: pea folder phone wizard, setcpu, Google Goggles, mobile TV, papaya community, bees radio, Chrome to phone (over the wall version can be used)
MIUI network disk installer APK

SD card can be easily installed in the local apk software environment without wifi can easily restore.

Thousands of network messages for your choice of holiday greetings are not afraid of no idea it!

Phone
Add barring of incoming calls, phone settings can be set to reject a stranger calls.
Click the picture can not fix a stranger callproblem
Repair of the week specific time call records.

SMS

Add Festival SMS recommended to provide thousands of network SMS, support group sending, forwarding and collection.
Fix read the message, hold down the menu button menu will blink.

Contact

Add the network picture, edit picture can be downloaded from the Internet more head.
Edit Avatar repair, the lack of the user's current head of the problem.
Repair to the contact point from the dial-up interface to return, and then point back after less than a desktop, but rather go back to the contact problem.

Desktop

Optimal sliding screen fluency.
Optimization of the icon into the folder of operation.
Optimization of the icon moving animation.
Add open \ close the file folder of the animation.
Add lock screen preview of Mark Read, missed calls and text messages lock screen preview hold more than 3 seconds marked as read.
Fix lock screen does not display MMS and SMS preview picture of the problem of SP numbers.
SMS contacts fix lock screen can not enter a single session list problem.
Add a little fix will show a plug-plug problem.

Network disk

Add Software Information View, press the application to display the program name and can report the details to support the search in the market.
Add prompted a new version of installed programs.

Other

Add task manager feedback, provide feedback after a key clean-up information to the user.
Add MIUI Start-up tone.
Added debug log upload switch, you can choose whether to upload through the privacy settings debug log.
Bluetooth can not send repair apk files.
The theme of the peanuts on the day before yesterday 17:06 Top

dmartins

Reaction score

Overman

Reaction score
Great work. I love this ROM as it shows the ROM community what is possible. A lot of ROMs look the same with slight differences; however, this one is so unique and fresh I hope it shows what is possible and what the community as a whole CAN do. Still can't get the phone to work without using the fix.. shame, as the phone looks pretty awesome! Thanks for fixxing the keyboard issue!!!

Weather app still not picking up location, but maps and nav working. I would like to request two changes, if at all possible.

1.) The lock screen only works with the default messanger, can we change that as I only use Handscent and I keep getting notifications from people I have blacklisted.

2.) The lock screen goes too far down, covering the time and date. It's not a huge issue, but my wife would switch to this ROM if she could see the time on her lock screen.

I don't use the default launcher as I can't stand not having shortcuts to direct dial's and or websites I visits often. The lack of App Drawer is ok, IF one could make a folder an place it in the status bar at the bottom... which you can't do. Way to many apps and games to have them all out in the open like that. Otherwise, ADWlauncher will continue to be used. Ahhh, and another point of contention, the inabilty to change the screen resolution to allow for more icons.

On the flipside of these issues.. there is this totaly unique ROM. The way it flips through desktop screens, adds widgets, lockscreen, and etc, and etc, and etc... This ROM should be a wake up call to all ROM developers. Do something different!

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you can add shortcuts. go into edit mode>>menu>>>add>>>shortcuts. wala!

publicanimal

Reaction score
Great work. I love this ROM as it shows the ROM community what is possible. A lot of ROMs look the same with slight differences; however, this one is so unique and fresh I hope it shows what is possible and what the community as a whole CAN do. Still can't get the phone to work without using the fix.. shame, as the phone looks pretty awesome! Thanks for fixxing the keyboard issue!!!

Weather app still not picking up location, but maps and nav working. I would like to request two changes, if at all possible.

1.) The lock screen only works with the default messanger, can we change that as I only use Handscent and I keep getting notifications from people I have blacklisted.

2.) The lock screen goes too far down, covering the time and date. It's not a huge issue, but my wife would switch to this ROM if she could see the time on her lock screen.

I don't use the default launcher as I can't stand not having shortcuts to direct dial's and or websites I visits often. The lack of App Drawer is ok, IF one could make a folder an place it in the status bar at the bottom... which you can't do. Way to many apps and games to have them all out in the open like that. Otherwise, ADWlauncher will continue to be used. Ahhh, and another point of contention, the inabilty to change the screen resolution to allow for more icons.

On the flipside of these issues.. there is this totaly unique ROM. The way it flips through desktop screens, adds widgets, lockscreen, and etc, and etc, and etc... This ROM should be a wake up call to all ROM developers. Do something different!

The developers of the ROM are in China so I doubt they're reading your requests. However the lock screen does not cover up date or time on my device. You have a Droid 1 correct?

Locations work if you follow the install directions properly and come from SS4.8. It might work from other ROMS but consensus has made SS4.8 the recommended ROM to come from.

You CAN put Shortcuts on the homescreen. Long press to go into edit mode, hit menu button, then hit add. Tons of shortcut options, etc.

As far as the app drawer issue, there is an app called App Launcher in the market that is a decent (if imperfect) substitute. What I really want is a way to automatically alphabetize apps on the home screen.

kingdroid81

Reaction score
I'm loving this rom so far, but I'm not a big fan of the stock font. Is there a way to port over the font from UD's rom or a port to different set of fonts?? any help would be appreciated because i think I'm gonna rock this rom for a bit. Thanks

jellybean420

Reaction score

Not sure why your having these probs. I know for a fact you can use handcent as default on lockscreen. Maybe try going into applications and clearing defaults on stock mms app. Also my lockscreen does not cover the clock. Both are fine for me.

mikeew83

Reaction score
would love to rock this

I would use this as everyday rom just need few questions answered i see a there are a few people using this rom but far as the chinese text all over is there a way to convert this to english or what can someone please help me understand this a bit more.

publicanimal

Reaction score
I would use this as everyday rom just need few questions answered i see a there are a few people using this rom but far as the chinese text all over is there a way to convert this to english or what can someone please help me understand this a bit more.

"All over"? Did you apply the update? I only have a tiny bit of Chinese remaining. The "updater" app (Green arrow icon) is in Chinese, and yes, I have no clue what it does, but I can ignore it. Other than that there's a tiny bit of Chinese left deep in some of the settings menus. What is it that you're having trouble with?