[ROM] Zen-MIUI v2 Android 2.2 + MIUI

illmatic636

Reaction score
just flash the theme. everything will work after that. no need to delete anything.

I understand, but for right now I don't want to theme anything. I think my method will work by editing the theme's .zip file without extracting it and deleting everything except the accountandsyncsettings.apk.

I'm gonna try it now. If it works I'd love to share the .zip I make but I don't have a subscription to a file sharing service. I will post an edit to this post letting you guys know if this works, and if it does maybe someone else can host the .zip.

Hope that works. If not, flash the galaxy theme and then flash back the v2. Or go to BG's section and flash Incognito V8. It has been flawless so far outside the *22899 issue.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
just flash the theme. everything will work after that. no need to delete anything.

I understand, but for right now I don't want to theme anything. I think my method will work by editing the theme's .zip file without extracting it and deleting everything except the accountandsyncsettings.apk.

I'm gonna try it now. If it works I'd love to share the .zip I make but I don't have a subscription to a file sharing service. I will post an edit to this post letting you guys know if this works, and if it does maybe someone else can host the .zip.

Yeah sorry i read your post quickly without comprehending it. Yeah that will probably work. Good Luck!

publicanimal

Reaction score
My fix worked! I'm now fully functional with only 2 known bugs: can't dial *228, and force close when I go the SD Card & Phone storage in settings. Did either of those themes fix the SD Card/Phone Storage settings force close problem?

DiGi91

Reaction score
Followed the thread on installing MUIU without wiping.. Did everything the post said currently my droid is not activated but when this rom showed up I really wanted to give it a try.. Dialer force closes when I dial *228 which is a big problem seeing as I need to activate my phone.. I don't know what else to try and I really wanna try this rom as my main and daily rom.

any suggestions please? :/

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My fix worked! I'm now fully functional with only 2 known bugs: can't dial *228, and force close when I go the SD Card & Phone storage in settings. Did either of those themes fix the SD Card/Phone Storage settings force close problem?

no those 2 things still have not been fixed

publicanimal

Reaction score
Followed the thread on installing MUIU without wiping.. Did everything the post said currently my droid is not activated but when this rom showed up I really wanted to give it a try.. Dialer force closes when I dial *228 which is a big problem seeing as I need to activate my phone.. I don't know what else to try and I really wanna try this rom as my main and daily rom.

*228 force closes have not been fixed on this ROM yet... just about everything else has a fix though. Presumably this is because this ROM was ported from a Nexus One ROM, though I don't know why that would cause a force close when dialing *228.

You need to come to this ROM with your phone already activated. I chose to dial *228 on the ROM I was coming from, option 1 and 2, right before flashing this ROM without wiping.

DiGi91

Reaction score

*228 force closes have not been fixed on this ROM yet... just about everything else has a fix though. Presumably this is because this ROM was ported from a Nexus One ROM, though I don't know why that would cause a force close when dialing *228.

You need to come to this ROM with your phone already activated. I chose to dial *228 on the ROM I was coming from, option 1 and 2, right before flashing this ROM without wiping.

So in theory I go back to SS 4.8 activate my phone, go to MIUI without wiping and apply the translated phone and MMS fix and I should have no issues from there on?

also what do I do for no accounts showing up is there an easier fix not using adb (too lazy) I know all of this has been answered a ton of times and I apologize in advance.

Thanks,

Last edited:

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

So in theory I go back to SS 4.8 activate my phone, go to MIUI without wiping and apply the translated phone and MMS fix and I should have no issues from there on?

also what do I do for no accounts showing up is there an easier fix not using adb (too lazy) I know all of this has been answered a ton of times and I apologize in advance.

Thanks,

The easiest way is to flash the galaxy theme for miui

publicanimal

Reaction score

So in theory I got back to SS 4.8 activate my phone, go to MIUI without wiping and apply the translated phone and MMS fix and I should have no issues from there on?

Thanks,

Yes exactly, that's what you need to do. There is also a fix for the keyboard backlight to install.

I just made a .zip to fix the account/sync problem. Send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.

DiGi91

Reaction score

So in theory I got back to SS 4.8 activate my phone, go to MIUI without wiping and apply the translated phone and MMS fix and I should have no issues from there on?

Thanks,

Yes exactly, that's what you need to do. There is also a fix for the keyboard backlight to install.

I just made a .zip to fix the account/sync problem. Send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.

Will do PM coming in a sec got the keyboard fix on the sd card already and flashing SS 4.8 as we speak then got to call the Big V and get this activated again.

Thanks everyone for the help! :)

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Whats the problem with linking fixes in the thread? No need to pm.

DiGi91

Reaction score

Well anyone who has the account setting fix in a zip I would appreciate it ;)

Going to attempt this again as soon as the phone is activated.

EDIT: Nvm just got the email, Thanks!!

publicanimal

Reaction score

No problem, I just don't have a subscription to any file sharing services. If someone else wants to share it I'll send it over.

All I did was download the Galaxy theme and remove everything from it except the AccountAndSettingsSync.apk. That's about the limit of my expertise in creating flashable .zips.