[ROM] [ROM][UPDATE][1/26/2012]Blue Lightning aka Lightning 5.0.1

Reaction score
Another thing to work on: Getting Netflix to work. If you can get your ROM to play Netflix streaming video, you can guarantee a lot of installs.

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Another thing to work on: Getting Netflix to work. If you can get your ROM to play Netflix streaming video, you can guarantee a lot of installs.

Update has been posted

I12crash

Reaction score
My problem is that I'm stuck at the activation screen. Below are the steps I took installing the lightning rom 4. Please help:icon_eek:

I just got finished trying to get lightning rom 4 installed. I downloaded the radio and rom. I backed everything up. I rebooted into CWM through a restart (not rom manager). I wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache twice. Then Installed the rom from SD card. After that was complete I preformed a battery pull, booted into the boot loader by pressing down and the power button, and installed PG05IMG.zip. I booted up fine, and 4g icon is showing.

Reaction score
My problem is that I'm stuck at the activation screen. Below are the steps I took installing the lightning rom 4. Please help:icon_eek:

I just got finished trying to get lightning rom 4 installed. I downloaded the radio and rom. I backed everything up. I rebooted into CWM through a restart (not rom manager). I wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache twice. Then Installed the rom from SD card. After that was complete I preformed a battery pull, booted into the boot loader by pressing down and the power button, and installed PG05IMG.zip. I booted up fine, and 4g icon is showing.

You need to flash the stock kernel. I had the same issue and after flashing stock kernel it worked fine after that. (Just my backups wouldn't restore properly.)

Reaction score
By the way, I am pretty sure that with the leaked OTA Radio that was out (the pre-gingerbread radio that was just sent out on Stock phones) fixed the whole muting of the Mic while you have your phone plugged into your car stereo. I just tested my phone and it worked great!

Worst case scenario, I was told there is a workaround to this as well. If yours still is muting the Mics on a phone call, go to Settings>Call>TTY mode. Change this to "TTY VCO." This should unmute the mics when on a phone call with something plugged into the headphone jack.

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I didn't know this! And good lick with the baby girl. Mine is a 19 month old monster lol. Anyways. Good find. Thanks for the heads up. You try this on any of the gb roms?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

thespikr

Reaction score
I'm having a problem ever since I flashed new radio to fix reboots now my phone freezes randomly I have to do a battery pull to get it un frozen any thoughts or help?

Thanks I really love the ROM but this minor problem is bugging.

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm having a problem ever since I flashed new radio to fix reboots now my phone freezes randomly I have to do a battery pull to get it un frozen any thoughts or help?

Thanks I really love the ROM but this minor problem is bugging.

I haven't tried this,but you could try and flash the stock radio instead of the leaked one and see how it it turns out...also, are you running an undervolt kernel or overclocked.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well, sadly I am going back to v3.3.1. My phone started with some random reboots today and even froze once on the white HTC splash screen. Just worried about bricking it, plus battery life even on WiFi was worse than the Froyo kernel running on 3G only.

Loved having Gingerbread and Netflix, but I will wait until the random bricking stops and more Sense Kernels exist.

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well, sadly I am going back to v3.3.1. My phone started with some random reboots today and even froze once on the white HTC splash screen. Just worried about bricking it, plus battery life even on WiFi was worse than the Froyo kernel running on 3G only.

Loved having Gingerbread and Netflix, but I will wait until the random bricking stops and more Sense Kernels exist.

Well I have finally taken the GB rom out of Beta...I think its up to par...no Sense 3.0 integration because I think it just adds too much BS into the rom.

My setup: Kernel: Imoseyon 3.0.1, clocked to 1024, undervolted (custom values using Kernel Rapist which is included in the rom), Radio: MR2 Leaked radio

My Outcome: Battery Life: With no 4g connection, I get about 14 hours on a full charge, no reboots so far, very smooth with no lag...

ENJOY!!!!!

Reaction score
Whenever I flashed thunder Rom 3.3.1 I noticed my WiFi was broken any suggestions?

Something is funky with your kernel... you could try re-DLing the ROM and re-flashing, but you may just want to try DLing a Froyo Kernel of your choice and flash that in Recovery. I had the same issue on the GB version and a kernel flash fixed my issues.

Cooly1911

Reaction score
So, does this rom work? The last post was 2 weeks ago. I want to try this rom, but I'd like to know if anyone has it working or not first.
Anyone?

jonterrell123

Reaction score
is it working

Yes works great wifi was broken but changed my kernel and then it worked great.

Daethian

Reaction score
WOW!!! I freaking LOVE this!!! As a rule, I prefer purple but this red is amazing! The attention to detail is top notch. My first time with your ROMs and I love the look. I had to reflash the radio even though I had done so before but that's not a big deal. can't wait to start playing with this ROM! Great job!