[ROM] [ROM][UPDATE][1/26/2012]Blue Lightning aka Lightning 5.0.1

Reaction score
Since you redownloaded the app, can't you just restore data only from titanium backup to restore your saved profiles?

Just tried it and got a force close once, so far that has been it.

Any info on the boot animation with sound? Mine doesn't appear to be working after flashing the Red/Grey zip

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Since you redownloaded the app, can't you just restore data only from titanium backup to restore your saved profiles?

Just tried it and got a force close once, so far that has been it.

Any info on the boot animation with sound? Mine doesn't appear to be working after flashing the Red/Grey zip

O Crap! its not going to work...i forgot I tried to sync your sound with the original boot animation...the one included in the update.zip isn't your bootanimation...completely forgot

Reaction score
I ended up uninstalling Battery Left and installing from scratch with no restore from Titanium. Once I had restored data from Titanium, the Profiles that were already there worked fine, but when I created a new Battery Left Profile, it would force close and would not show battery info correctly. Now with a fresh install, everything works fine. I wrote down the stats from my previous profiles before I uninstalled though, just in case.

So far, this new kernel on the ROM is destroying my battery life. I think I am going to flash Adrynalne's 4.3a back on as that gave me over 16 hours on 3G and over 30 on WiFi.

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I ended up uninstalling Battery Left and installing from scratch with no restore from Titanium. Once I had restored data from Titanium, the Profiles that were already there worked fine, but when I created a new Battery Left Profile, it would force close and would not show battery info correctly. Now with a fresh install, everything works fine. I wrote down the stats from my previous profiles before I uninstalled though, just in case.

So far, this new kernel on the ROM is destroying my battery life. I think I am going to flash Adrynalne's 4.3a back on as that gave me over 16 hours on 3G and over 30 on WiFi.

I noticed that too...along with random reboots on 4.4.2 kernel. I switched back to 4.3a as well and haven't had a reboot yet.

Reaction score

I noticed that too...along with random reboots on 4.4.2 kernel. I switched back to 4.3a as well and haven't had a reboot yet.

Some people have said that the undervolted/overclocked kernels get great battery life (it takes less time to process things), but I haven't found that to be true. Anything about 4.3 is considered "experimental" anyway...

Have you used standalone GPS at all? Mine works great, but it usually takes a minute or two to actually start working after I activate with the toggle.

Reaction score
Two questions:

-Can I put 3.3.1 over the top of 3.3 with no Data/Cache wipe?
-Do we have to flash the Market Fix and/or what paid apps would we need to flash it for?

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Two questions:

-Can I put 3.3.1 over the top of 3.3 with no Data/Cache wipe?
-Do we have to flash the Market Fix and/or what paid apps would we need to flash it for?

I wouldn't think a wipe is required, but if you have any issues with your apps not functioning, it may be necessary...

-The market fix is built in...my test is slingplayer because I know it doesn't show up without it

vzwcooter

Reaction score
Just installed. Looks sweet can't wait to try it out.

FYI quadrant scores on this rom are lower...I got 1969 on the stock rom with the Sense 1.2 kernel. I'm getting ~1650 with this one.

Reaction score
Just installed. Looks sweet can't wait to try it out.

FYI quadrant scores on this rom are lower...I got 1969 on the stock rom with the Sense 1.2 kernel. I'm getting ~1650 with this one.

The kernel on this one is undervolted and has the normal clock... designed for battery saving in mind. You can probably flash an undervolted/overclocked kernel and get much better scores.

I have 3.3.1 and the battery saving kernel (that comes with the ROM) on my phone and I can get the standard battery to last almost 50 hours on WiFi connection, close to 20 hours on 3G.

vzwcooter

Reaction score
I honestly love this Rom. My phone actually lasted all day and I haven't had any issues thus far. Gps locked right on, everything is blazing fast, and my phone was unplugged from 11pm Thursday night to 2am this morning and it was still at 43% love it

shadowpunx

Reaction score
You should use the untouchable skin with this Rom, looks Awesome

Sent from my ADR6400L

wnathanbrown

Reaction score
I applied this Rom via ClockworkMod and now the phone won't start... it gets stuck in the animation...

Reaction score
I applied this Rom via ClockworkMod and now the phone won't start... it gets stuck in the animation...

Few questions:
  1. Did you do a backup before flashing this ROM?
  2. Did you Wipe Data, and both Caches?
  3. How long did you wait? (It can take quite a while on first boot.)

I think if you pull the battery. it will boot back into recovery and you could either try wiping data and cache and re-flashing, or restore your old ROM if you made a backup and don't want to use the ROM anymore.

wnathanbrown

Reaction score
response

1) I did perform a backup
2) Data/Cache was originally wiped... then I rebooted in Recovery, wiped data/cache again... re-performed the flash
3) Now I've been waiting about 12-15 minutes for the phone to start.

Few questions:
  1. Did you do a backup before flashing this ROM? --- Backup was performed
  2. Did you Wipe Data, and both Caches? --- Yes I did, I rebooted in Recovery, wiped data/cache again... re-performed the flash
  3. How long did you wait? (It can take quite a while on first boot.) --- now i've been waiting around 12 minutes for it to start up...

I think if you pull the battery. it will boot back into recovery and you could either try wiping data and cache and re-flashing, or restore your old ROM if you made a backup and don't want to use the ROM anymore.[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
1) I did perform a backup
2) Data/Cache was originally wiped... then I rebooted in Recovery, wiped data/cache again... re-performed the flash
3) Now I've been waiting about 12-15 minutes for the phone to start.

Hmmm... wonder if maybe you could apply the ROM by doing a direct download and manually flashing? I've never flashed directly from Clockwork.