[ROM] [MikRoms] The Perfect Storm v1.0 [03-23-11] Thunder and Lightning!

chingy51o

Reaction score
Like the rom? Rate the thread and thank me! =)

themikmik.com

Please make sure to read the entire post before asking questions.

Please note. This is just the beginning of what is to come in the near future so keep your eyes peeled for new releases. This rom is no where close to what it could be. This is just to warm you guys up a little bit.

Features
  • Odex rooted rom based on the 1.12.605.9 RUU (Yes, I can do mods on this… Way way way way faster then deodex. Not to mention the boot times are ridiculously fast)
  • Stock Kernel
  • Bloat Free
  • Semi-Transparent 5 Column App Drawer
  • Custom Animations by aamikam
  • Themed HTC Clock Widget
  • Themed Gingerbread Keyboard
  • Themed Semi-Transparent Market
  • Themed Gmail
  • SD Card Speed Fix
  • Updated Hosts File to Block Ads
  • Malware Patch
  • Added Custom Sounds
  • Zipalign on boot

Included Apps
  • Wireless Tether
  • Facebook
  • Adobe Reader
  • Themed XDA App
  • DSP Manager
  • Spare Parts
  • Quick Boot

Changelog

March 22th v1.0 - Initial Release:

• Began APK Optimization Process (Going to take awhileeeeee…)
  • 100% Battery
  • Improved Rosie Scrolling
  • Removed all bloat from the rom (A 130 MB Golf Game? Really Verizon?)
  • Updated All Apps
  • Patched Superuser (Thanks rmk40)
  • Pretty much everything in the features section...

Known Issues
  • None

Please report any issues so i can continue to improve this rom.

Downloads

Disclaimer
Please remember that I will not be held responsible for anything that happens to you phone.

A Full Wipe is REQUIRED before flashing this rom. If you choose not to do this (for who knows what reason) please do not post any problems you are having!

Please note that because all apks have been optimized and rebuilt for maximum efficiency, themeing carelessly will break these optimizations

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ill vouch for this one. Running it right now and its super smooth.

Chingy, whats up on a fix to get rid of the GPS icon on the droid? XDA post says your working on something?

OP
C

chingy51o

Reaction score
Ill vouch for this one. Running it right now and its super smooth.

Chingy, whats up on a fix to get rid of the GPS icon on the droid? XDA post says your working on something?

yeah its done already. just not releasing it yet.. haha

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Do I just install through clockwork recovery, do a wipe and install from SD card? Coming from Motorola never flashed an HTC

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

cnmsales

Reaction score
Just save the file to your SD card. From rom manager select install from sd. Choose the file. Select wipe and backup and let er rip. Should reboot for you and do everything.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Hey Chingy, I use an app called mooLa! Platinum Edition, now when I got the TB it installed fine. Now sense putting this Rom on ot wont show up in the market at all. And when i try to install it from web based market it says Device not compatible.

Can I get some help?

EntropikOne

Reaction score
I went into spareparts and tried switching the boot animation. this kind of borked my phone...everytime i would boot up it would go through the stock bootanimation but would get stuck at the last screen for it...the 'clouds' picture. It was weird though because I could still use adb to access the phonee, and i had my SO call me and then that brought up the call screen and i was able to get to the home screen and use the phone like normal that way.....reflashing your rom fixed this, so i didn't have to go back to stock and reroot. i figured i would let you know and let anyone else know who comes across this issue.

Reaction score
I know this may sound kinda dumb/n00bish, but if I Root and load this ROM, can I still put SWYPE Beta KB on the phone? (I can't live without it, lol)

Bobvs

Reaction score
I know this may sound kinda dumb/n00bish, but if I Root and load this ROM, can I still put SWYPE Beta KB on the phone? (I can't live without it, lol)

I put this ROM on my phone yesterday and re installed Swype (I know what you mean, gotta have it!) To be honest it took a few trys to get it working but eventually it did and I've been using it since last night. Trying to remember how it finally took, I had to check the Swype box in Settings but it still wasn't working. Eventually I went to type an IM in Handcent and it asked me what keyboard to use, swype as one of them, selected it and I've been Swyping ever since.

Bobvs

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas when we might see some new OC Kernels? I'm coming from ChevyNo1 ROMs and Kernels, can't wait to OC this thing!

perfoliate

Reaction score
HTC needs to drop the kernel source code first. Many are asking for it. May take as long as 90 days based on their track record.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Reaction score

I put this ROM on my phone yesterday and re installed Swype (I know what you mean, gotta have it!) To be honest it took a few trys to get it working but eventually it did and I've been using it since last night. Trying to remember how it finally took, I had to check the Swype box in Settings but it still wasn't working. Eventually I went to type an IM in Handcent and it asked me what keyboard to use, swype as one of them, selected it and I've been Swyping ever since.

If you long-press in a text entry box, you can choose "Input Method" that way. Currently on my stock TBolt, I have to do that after my phone reboots (long-press and disable SWYPE, then long-press and enable SWYPE) as something with the Fast reboot messes with the SWYPE kb functionality.

Reaction score
To the OP (ROM Dev): If you can revise the ROM to include my two wishes, I can host your files on my Shared UNIX Webhost site for free instead of having to use RapidShare, etc. ;-) See my thread in this Forum for my needs!

Dxun

Reaction score
I'm probably 1 of the few but I purchased the golf game that came with the phone. After installing this ROM It's gone. I knew it wouldn't come with the package, but I was hoping to be able to get it from the market. Is it showing up for others on the market?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I flashed this last night. I'm getting a weird screen flash when I select an incoming notification.

Not sure what's flashing or if it's animation but it's very annoying.

Edit- I deleted the HTCClock.apk and it seems to have fixed the flashing issue.

Last edited: