[ROM] [ROM][UPDATE][1/26/2012]Blue Lightning aka Lightning 5.0.1

shadowpunx

Reaction score
Yea you can for direct flash through recovery, just dl it, reboot to recovery, install from sd, and you good to go, maybe try to wipe again just to be sure

Sent from my ADR6400L

vzwcooter

Reaction score
Been using this ROM for a week now. Works great...battery life is superb...but I've been getting 2-3 random reboots throughout the day...even while the phone is sitting there doing nothing...Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Been using this ROM for a week now. Works great...battery life is superb...but I've been getting 2-3 random reboots throughout the day...even while the phone is sitting there doing nothing...Any thoughts?

Interesting... the only time I had reboots was when he tried using a different kernel (I think it was ver 3.2) Did you load 3.3?

vzwcooter

Reaction score

Interesting... the only time I had reboots was when he tried using a different kernel (I think it was ver 3.2) Did you load 3.3?

I'm using 3.3.1. I had a 1.2ghz kernel installed before I switched to this ROM...I think that was over written when I did my update to this ROM. I wiped everything and installed...strange.

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I'm using 3.3.1. I had a 1.2ghz kernel installed before I switched to this ROM...I think that was over written when I did my update to this ROM. I wiped everything and installed...strange.

Thats because the rom comes with the BAMF 4.3a kernel. It will flash that kernel when you flash the rom...

vzwcooter

Reaction score

Thats because the rom comes with the BAMF 4.3a kernel. It will flash that kernel when you flash the rom...

right that's what I expected....so yeah I'm getting atleast 2 reboots a day. Nothing that is a deal breaker...still love this ROM. But didn't know if there was anything I could do to possibly help find a cause?

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

right that's what I expected....so yeah I'm getting atleast 2 reboots a day. Nothing that is a deal breaker...still love this ROM. But didn't know if there was anything I could do to possibly help find a cause?

You need to flash the radio from adrynalyne that is the Leaked CDMA, Stock LTE. The latest radio was causing reboot problems. Since I flashed that radio, I havent had a single reboot and that was at least a week ago. Flash that radio and let me know if you have any other issues

Reaction score
Question: Now that there is an OTA update being released, you going to repackage your ROM with the fixes and release a new version of the ROM?

Reaction score
Question: Now that there is an OTA update being released, you going to repackage your ROM with the fixes and release a new version of the ROM?
leak and ota are he same.

I didn't download/install the leaked version... I guess what I am asking dhemke is if the leaked "OTA" was packaged into the lastest version of the ROM or if I should download the "leaked/Rooted" OTA and install it.

EDIT: Just compared the update Baseband and Build numbers to the ones on my phone and they are the same, so we do have the updated file. Sorry to create a stir!

Last edited:
OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
leak and ota are he same.

I didn't download/install the leaked version... I guess what I am asking dhemke is if the leaked "OTA" was packaged into the lastest version of the ROM or if I should download the "leaked/Rooted" OTA and install it.

EDIT: Just compared the update Baseband and Build numbers to the ones on my phone and they are the same, so we do have the updated file. Sorry to create a stir!

Sorry guys....but yea...the latest version is based off the leak. I am lookin for some suggestions to put into LR4.0...im pretty tapped out on ideas which is never good.

Reaction score
Sorry guys....but yea...the latest version is based off the leak. I am lookin for some suggestions to put into LR4.0...im pretty tapped out on ideas which is never good.

I know a lot of people are hoping to fix the fact that the onboard microphones are muted when there is something plugged into the headphone jack. (So for example, when it's in the car dock and you plug in a 3.5mm stereo cable to listen to MP3s or Pandora through your stereo, you can't make a phone call.)

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I wish I could solve this issue. But I'm pretty sure this isn't an issue that can be fixed with a rom I will take a look though

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

shadowpunx

Reaction score
They just leaked and about to root the gingerbread build, good idea? Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
I wish I could solve this issue. But I'm pretty sure this isn't an issue that can be fixed with a rom I will take a look though

If it helps at all, when I talked to HTC, they said it was designed to work that way (mute the Mic if in a phone call and with something in the headphone jack)... it assumes you have a Microphone on the cord.

The Droid X (and from what I am told, Droid 2, Droid Pro, etc.) did not have this setting designed. I know nothing about ROM design, but if there's a way to pull a configuration file(s) from a Motorola device, that would be one setting to look for.