[ROM] The Eagle Has Landed!!!! - Liberty 1.0 1/11/11

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I posted these questions way back on page 23 of this thread and never got a response. So I figured I give it another shot.....

Couple questions for all those who know more than me.
There are a few options in the settings of the liberty tools app that I am unsure of as what is recommended/used by most of the peeps in the know..

ZipAlign system apps currently it is unchecked
ZipAlign data apps currently it is checked
Clear cache(on boot) currently it is unchecked
Restore apps feature is currently checked hY

What is the benefit(s)/disadvantages of having each item above checked??
Also, what exactly is the restore app feature about? Is it for when the rom has updates in order to restore your apps after a system wipe or something?
Any input is much appreciated.

Nycorduroy

+1! There are a lot of features in this ROM that I don't fully understand. It would be nice to have a detailed users guide, but realize that's way to much to ask. I know the devs are already swamped with fixes and preparing the next release.

+1 this.

There are several functions I do not fully understand. I would be willing to write a detailed guide on this but would need the assistance of Kejar or Jrummy to fill in the blanks.

joshhendry

Reaction score
Why am I having trouble getting the themes and such to work?

Just kidding. I do have a question about them though. When dowloaded and the phone reboots should the phone just come back on in the theme you downloaded or do I need to to an install from zip?

I couldn't resist with the first question though. I have read every page on this thread and I bet that has been asked at least every 2 pages. Thanks for anybody who can help.

Yep, when the phone comes back on you should be staring at your shiny new theme.

Ok that was what I had thought. I'm sure it is just that the servers are still swamped so I will try again later. Thanks for the quick answer.

Edit: Would it matter if I was using ADW or Launcherpro?

detox

Reaction score
If we enable sysctl do we still have to enter the commands in the terminal emulator or does this function do this for us?

detoXatappin on my X

Growler48

Reaction score
I believe there's confusion regarding the meaning of "Custom Ringtones".

PerComp was referring to setting a "custom ringtone" to a single user, rather than the default ringtone. I assume you mean that you created a "custom ringtone", and set it as default and it worked.

Pretty sure that the same issue that existed in Gummy still exists, but it's a very very minor one.

I believe that this has to do with the phone/dialer not correctly supporting it.. ?
Maybe someone that's looked into it a bit more that has more info could pass it along to Kejar/JRummy. :)

Download "Tone Picker"

this app will allow you to choose custom ringtones for contacts.

I created a "how to guide" for "Custom Ringtone for individual contacts" using Tone Picker

Followed the guide, but still no joy for me. As with the AOSP contacts, I'm able to select a custom ringtone for each contact, however, the default ringtone still plays when I receive a call from anyone.

reznorfan0

Reaction score
This Rom is crazy. Still wish I knew why my apps didn't install automatically from the market after first install (I redownloaded and reinstalled twice). But after restoring everything (manually) from titanium, this thing runs flawlessly so far.

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 359

Cytochrome

Reaction score
Anyone notice issues with Gmail? I can't seem to send emails, can receive them just fine. When I hit send Gmail gets stuck on "sending" and the message never gets sent.

Maybe this not ROM related I dunno, but was working fine on GummyJAR

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Anyone notice issues with Gmail? I can't seem to send emails, can receive them just fine. When I hit send Gmail get stuck on "sending" and the message never gets sent.

usually a gmail data/cache wipe will fix that...settings>apps>gmail>wipe data/cache

Cytochrome

Reaction score
Anyone notice issues with Gmail? I can't seem to send emails, can receive them just fine. When I hit send Gmail get stuck on "sending" and the message never gets sent.

usually a gmail data/cache wipe will fix that...settings>apps>gmail>wipe data/cache

Awesome, it worked! Thank you :)

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
No problem :)

Awesome, it worked! Thank you :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

B

budmonster

I tried installing the blur camera from liberty toolbox and now I don't see any camera or video app in the drawer?

rfranken

Reaction score
Download "Tone Picker"

this app will allow you to choose custom ringtones for contacts.

I created a "how to guide" for "Custom Ringtone for individual contacts" using Tone Picker

Followed the guide, but still no joy for me. As with the AOSP contacts, I'm able to select a custom ringtone for each contact, however, the default ringtone still plays when I receive a call from anyone.

quick comment on tone picker. it appears you have to go into tone picker...and then choose tone picker Again to work.
If you go into tone picker it then gives you a bunch of options....music, zedge, blah blah blah. Choose tone picker and test. that worked for me....nothing else would.

thanks for the rom....its pretty sweet. toolbox is awesome.
and thanks for the rev remix theme...wuv it.

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
This Rom is crazy. Still wish I knew why my apps didn't install automatically from the market after first install (I redownloaded and reinstalled twice). But after restoring everything (manually) from titanium, this thing runs flawlessly so far.
So what are you overclocked to? Judging by your screenshot, about 2Ghz? :)