[ROM] The Eagle Has Landed!!!! - Liberty 1.0 1/11/11

Cytochrome

Reaction score
Anyone else missing apps? I installed Titanium Backup Pro from the Market (had it before installing rom), and it says install, but I can't open it and it's not showing in the app drawer. Please help. TIA.

I just saw someone with this issue the other day on another ROM.

I believe they mentioned, that Titanium PRO was just for the key.. I think you need the standard titanium, and then just add the key for pro.. or ??

I don't know exactly, I'll see if I can find it...

Yes I can verify this, Titanium Pro is just the key, you also need to download Titanium Backup from market.

sephtin

Reaction score
Custom ringtones are a known issue - were a problem with GummyJAR as well... Hopefully they will be fixed one of these days.
Im using custom ringtones that i made with Ringdroid just fine...

I believe there's confusion regarding the meaning of "Custom Ringtones".

PerComp was referring to setting a "custom ringtone" to a single user, rather than the default ringtone. I assume you mean that you created a "custom ringtone", and set it as default and it worked.

Pretty sure that the same issue that existed in Gummy still exists, but it's a very very minor one.

I believe that this has to do with the phone/dialer not correctly supporting it.. ?
Maybe someone that's looked into it a bit more that has more info could pass it along to Kejar/JRummy. :)

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
installed....played with....went back to Fission.

This ROM definitely has some cool features, but I really don't think it's super different enough to justify the permanent switch.

Also I kept getting force close errors in the settings. I downloaded the market app and managed to at least get into the liberty settings menu, but i still got some other force close problems.
For people who are constantly tweaking their phone this ROM is perfect because of the sheer amount of options it has built in to make constant tweaking a breeze.

However for someone like me who just wants to get their phone set how they like it and then just leave it be, it's probably not worth the switch from Fission.

(also i did a data clear 3 times before installing, then another factory reset after installing....still no ditching the force close errors)

What FC's I have yet to get one.... did you install any themes? if so please let me know so I can test and make sure they are not causing issues.

I got FC's when trying to open liberty settings. Then i installed the market app and suddenly the settings menu worked fine.
FC's in the battery manager
FC's when trying to open spare parts from liberty settings
FC's when opening the dialer

Ummm.. Do a wipe/install and let me know if that clears things up. Also if you start having these issues after installing a theme let us know as well!

ajaikarran

Reaction score
First, great ROM. Love it. Unfortunately I am having battery problems. Installed it yesterday. Went well. I am using a droid X, had it for a week. Something is killing the battery fast. I turned off gps push etc. Went to bed with 90% charge woke up to dead phone around 3am.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I don't want to turn this into a battery thread, but real quick, what is your setup. Taskillers, battery management apps, bloatware running or anti virus? Doubt its this ROM.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

I'm running nothing other than the ROM. Trying to think if I missed something. I have no bloatware, vrius options, blur etc.

chad24taylor

Reaction score
Hey all, I was wondering if someone could post some of the black & yellow wallpapers from this ROM for people without a D2/X... It'd be greatly appreciated :)

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Custom ringtones are a known issue - were a problem with GummyJAR as well... Hopefully they will be fixed one of these days.

PerComp was referring to setting a "custom ringtone" to a single user, rather than the default ringtone. I assume you mean that you created a "custom ringtone", and set it as default and it worked.

Pretty sure that the same issue that existed in Gummy still exists, but it's a very very minor one.

I believe that this has to do with the phone/dialer not correctly supporting it.. ?
Maybe someone that's looked into it a bit more that has more info could pass it along to Kejar/JRummy. :)

Download "Tone Picker"

this app will allow you to choose custom ringtones for contacts.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone else missing apps? I installed Titanium Backup Pro from the Market (had it before installing rom), and it says install, but I can't open it and it's not showing in the app drawer. Please help. TIA.

I just saw someone with this issue the other day on another ROM.

I believe they mentioned, that Titanium PRO was just for the key.. I think you need the standard titanium, and then just add the key for pro.. or ??

I don't know exactly, I'll see if I can find it...

If you buy the key of Titanium Backup he will email you the .txt file.

You then place the text file on the root of your SD card so it will read

it when you install the Titanium Backup app and give you the paid version.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
First, great ROM. Love it. Unfortunately I am having battery problems. Installed it yesterday. Went well. I am using a droid X, had it for a week. Something is killing the battery fast. I turned off gps push etc. Went to bed with 90% charge woke up to dead phone around 3am.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I don't want to turn this into a battery thread, but real quick, what is your setup. Taskillers, battery management apps, bloatware running or anti virus? Doubt its this ROM.

I'm running nothing other than the ROM. Trying to think if I missed something. I have no bloatware, vrius options, blur etc.

Welll I won't be a ton of help since I'm not currently running it. But if you

say you installed it last night I would give it a few to run on your phone before

coming to the conclusion it is the ROM. Do you have night time battery saver

set in you battery/settings? And if you leave your phone on at night and don't

need it for phone calls I suggest putting it in airplane mode.

draklin

Reaction score
In case anyone was curious, you can run this on the .15 kernel. It works fine for me. Of course up until I read this thread i thought my upgrade to .340 had completed successfully.

Inkarnit

Reaction score

Welll I won't be a ton of help since I'm not currently running it. But if you

say you installed it last night I would give it a few to run on your phone before

coming to the conclusion it is the ROM. Do you have night time battery saver

set in you battery/settings? And if you leave your phone on at night and don't

need it for phone calls I suggest putting it in airplane mode.

This ROM doesn't have battery saver modes. It doesn't seem to need it though. I'm at 90% right now after 2h 20m. It should have similar battery life to RubiX Focused 1.9.5, which netted me 15-33 hrs depending on usage and location (poor signal at work burns battery faster for me).

In case anyone was curious, you can run this on the .15 kernel. It works fine for me. Of course up until I read this thread i thought my upgrade to .340 had completed successfully.

You CAN run it on .15 sure... but have you attempted to do any media stuff? Camera, camcorder, youtube, mp3's? I think you're going to hit a wall on those.

lilott8

Reaction score
4 Questions

1) Does anyone have any great undervolts for this amazing rom?
2) Are there plans for any of the 3 themes (nex theme, aosp, gingerbread) to have the percentage in the battery?
3) I cannot, for the life of me get my phone to use the gingerbread keyboard, any ideas?
4) (General question) Why is my phone battery stuck at 10% increments where my wife's incredible is at 1% increments? Is it in the kernel? Just curious.

I was an avid rubiX fan. I saw what this was on day one and decided to try and just love it. It is amazing!

draklin

Reaction score

You CAN run it on .15 sure... but have you attempted to do any media stuff? Camera, camcorder, youtube, mp3's? I think you're going to hit a wall on those.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, my mp3s don't work. I have no intention to stay on .15, I was just browsing and saw the info and wanted to share. I'll be upgrading as soon as i can.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
1) Does anyone have any great undervolts for this amazing rom?
2) Are there plans for any of the 3 themes (nex theme, aosp, gingerbread) to have the percentage in the battery?
3) I cannot, for the life of me get my phone to use the gingerbread keyboard, any ideas?
4) (General question) Why is my phone battery stuck at 10% increments where my wife's incredible is at 1% increments? Is it in the kernel? Just curious.

I was an avid rubiX fan. I saw what this was on day one and decided to try and just love it. It is amazing!

Good questions!

1) Try these settings for undervolting and see how they work:
300/18
600/33
800/42
1000/53

2) I can't speak for the themers but I found that I actually like having the widget battstat on my homescreen to tell me this. You can have it display nice clean full words in whatever color and background (or lack of background) you want. For example, mine is blue and says NINETY PERCENT... or if it were charging it would say NINETY CHARGING. You can also make the percentages display in numbers instead of words and resize it to your liking.

3) You have to go into language and keyboard settings, then check the box next to Gingerbread keyboard, then in a text box long hold and choose input method. Then just pick Gingerbread keyboard.

4) The DX does not support 1% battery increments like the Incredible. You will only get 10% increments.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Download "Tone Picker"

this app will allow you to choose custom ringtones for contacts.

I created a "how to guide" for "Custom Ringtone for individual contacts" using Tone Picker