[ROM] The Eagle Has Landed!!!! - Liberty 1.0 1/11/11

lilott8

Reaction score
1) Does anyone have any great undervolts for this amazing rom?
2) Are there plans for any of the 3 themes (nex theme, aosp, gingerbread) to have the percentage in the battery?
3) I cannot, for the life of me get my phone to use the gingerbread keyboard, any ideas?
4) (General question) Why is my phone battery stuck at 10% increments where my wife's incredible is at 1% increments? Is it in the kernel? Just curious.

I was an avid rubiX fan. I saw what this was on day one and decided to try and just love it. It is amazing!

Good questions!

1) Try these settings for undervolting and see how they work:
300/18
600/33
800/42
1000/53

2) I can't speak for the themers but I found that I actually like having the widget battstat on my homescreen to tell me this. You can have it display nice clean full words in whatever color and background (or lack of background) you want. For example, mine is blue and says NINETY PERCENT... or if it were charging it would say NINETY CHARGING. You can also make the percentages display in numbers instead of words and resize it to your liking.

3) You have to go into language and keyboard settings, then check the box next to Gingerbread keyboard, then in a text box long hold and choose input method. Then just pick Gingerbread keyboard.

4) The DX does not support 1% battery increments like the Incredible. You will only get 10% increments.

Thanks for the reply!

I use battstatt and love it. I just like to have a quick idea o battery life from time to time without having to unlock my screen. Just a silly preference that I can certainly live without.

Does anyone have black text on black notification bar with gingerbread? Anyone know how to fix that?

And thank you for the "select input type" suggestion; that worked perfectly. Completely forgot about that!

We'll see after a little while how those voltages fare. Thank you very much!

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
Im using custom ringtones that i made with Ringdroid just fine...

I believe there's confusion regarding the meaning of "Custom Ringtones".

PerComp was referring to setting a "custom ringtone" to a single user, rather than the default ringtone. I assume you mean that you created a "custom ringtone", and set it as default and it worked.

Pretty sure that the same issue that existed in Gummy still exists, but it's a very very minor one.

I believe that this has to do with the phone/dialer not correctly supporting it.. ?
Maybe someone that's looked into it a bit more that has more info could pass it along to Kejar/JRummy. :)

Download "Tone Picker"

this app will allow you to choose custom ringtones for contacts.
Trying it now Kejar... U DA MAN!

Edit: Didn't work... But thanks for trying! :)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running nothing other than the ROM. Trying to think if I missed something. I have no bloatware, vrius options, blur etc.

Welll I won't be a ton of help since I'm not currently running it. But if you

say you installed it last night I would give it a few to run on your phone before

coming to the conclusion it is the ROM. Do you have night time battery saver

set in you battery/settings? And if you leave your phone on at night and don't

need it for phone calls I suggest putting it in airplane mode.

This ROM doesn't have battery saver modes. It doesn't seem to need it though. I'm at 90% right now after 2h 20m. It should have similar battery life to RubiX Focused 1.9.5, which netted me 15-33 hrs depending on usage and location (poor signal at work burns battery faster for me).

In case anyone was curious, you can run this on the .15 kernel. It works fine for me. Of course up until I read this thread i thought my upgrade to .340 had completed successfully.

You CAN run it on .15 sure... but have you attempted to do any media stuff? Camera, camcorder, youtube, mp3's? I think you're going to hit a wall on those.

So your telling me it doesn't have a battery setting in system/settings?

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

PerCompLLC

Reaction score

PerComp was referring to setting a "custom ringtone" to a single user, rather than the default ringtone. I assume you mean that you created a "custom ringtone", and set it as default and it worked.

Pretty sure that the same issue that existed in Gummy still exists, but it's a very very minor one.

I believe that this has to do with the phone/dialer not correctly supporting it.. ?
Maybe someone that's looked into it a bit more that has more info could pass it along to Kejar/JRummy. :)

Download "Tone Picker"

I created a "how to guide" for "Custom Ringtone for individual contacts" using Tone Picker
I'll read the "how to" when I get home from work... Maybe that's my answer. Thanks!

Inkarnit

Reaction score

say you installed it last night I would give it a few to run on your phone before

This ROM doesn't have battery saver modes. It doesn't seem to need it though. I'm at 90% right now after 2h 20m. It should have similar battery life to RubiX Focused 1.9.5, which netted me 15-33 hrs depending on usage and location (poor signal at work burns battery faster for me).

In case anyone was curious, you can run this on the .15 kernel. It works fine for me. Of course up until I read this thread i thought my upgrade to .340 had completed successfully.

You CAN run it on .15 sure... but have you attempted to do any media stuff? Camera, camcorder, youtube, mp3's? I think you're going to hit a wall on those.

Yep. That's what I'm telling you :) That's a Moto feature, not an AOSP feature.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Download "Tone Picker"

Trying it now Kejar... U DA MAN!

Edit: Didn't work... But thanks for trying! :)

Worked just fine for me.... follow the instructions from the "how to guide" and let me know if it works

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Liberty, just like GummyJAR, uses a custom built setting.apk that built from AOSP.....

Battery Use is there but battery settings is not.... as we do not include the blur battery manager (it was buggy and caused FC's)

to get to the Battery Use simply navigate to -->settings-->About phone-->Battery use

joshhendry

Reaction score
Themes

Why am I having trouble getting the themes and such to work?

Just kidding. I do have a question about them though. When dowloaded and the phone reboots should the phone just come back on in the theme you downloaded or do I need to to an install from zip?

I couldn't resist with the first question though. I have read every page on this thread and I bet that has been asked at least every 2 pages. Thanks for anybody who can help.

ryan4h

Reaction score
Anyone else missing apps? I installed Titanium Backup Pro from the Market (had it before installing rom), and it says install, but I can't open it and it's not showing in the app drawer. Please help. TIA.

I just saw someone with this issue the other day on another ROM.

I believe they mentioned, that Titanium PRO was just for the key.. I think you need the standard titanium, and then just add the key for pro.. or ??

I don't know exactly, I'll see if I can find it...

Thanks Sephtin. That was exactly it. Have to add free version before installing pro.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Why am I having trouble getting the themes and such to work?

Just kidding. I do have a question about them though. When dowloaded and the phone reboots should the phone just come back on in the theme you downloaded or do I need to to an install from zip?

I couldn't resist with the first question though. I have read every page on this thread and I bet that has been asked at least every 2 pages. Thanks for anybody who can help.

Yep, when the phone comes back on you should be staring at your shiny new theme.

nycorduroy

Reaction score
Questions

I posted these questions way back on page 23 of this thread and never got a response. So I figured I give it another shot.....

Couple questions for all those who know more than me.
There are a few options in the settings of the liberty tools app that I am unsure of as what is recommended/used by most of the peeps in the know..

ZipAlign system apps currently it is unchecked
ZipAlign data apps currently it is checked
Clear cache(on boot) currently it is unchecked
Restore apps feature is currently checked

What is the benefit(s)/disadvantages of having each item above checked??
Also, what exactly is the restore app feature about? Is it for when the rom has updates in order to restore your apps after a system wipe or something?
Any input is much appreciated.

Nycorduroy

Growler48

Reaction score
I posted these questions way back on page 23 of this thread and never got a response. So I figured I give it another shot.....

Couple questions for all those who know more than me.
There are a few options in the settings of the liberty tools app that I am unsure of as what is recommended/used by most of the peeps in the know..

ZipAlign system apps currently it is unchecked
ZipAlign data apps currently it is checked
Clear cache(on boot) currently it is unchecked
Restore apps feature is currently checked hY

What is the benefit(s)/disadvantages of having each item above checked??
Also, what exactly is the restore app feature about? Is it for when the rom has updates in order to restore your apps after a system wipe or something?
Any input is much appreciated.

Nycorduroy

+1! There are a lot of features in this ROM that I don't fully understand. It would be nice to have a detailed users guide, but realize that's way to much to ask. I know the devs are already swamped with fixes and preparing the next release.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Liberty, just like GummyJAR, uses a custom built setting.apk that built from AOSP.....

Battery Use is there but battery settings is not.... as we do not include the blur battery manager (it was buggy and caused FC's)

to get to the Battery Use simply navigate to -->settings-->About phone-->Battery use

Sweet! Learn something everyday. Slap me around and call me Susan :)

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Ummm don't make the offer..... I have a Susan I work with that I would love to image you as, as I slap you around lol

Hate that %^^%&%^%

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ummm don't make the offer..... I have a Susan I work with that I would love to image you as, as I slap you around lol

Hate that %^^%&%^%

LM@O! Gotta love those co-workers :)