[ROM]Superclean 2.7!! *UPDATED*

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit of course goes to Adrynalyn over at XDA for the prompt updates....Enjoy

Orig link: [ROM]Superclean 2.7!! *UPDATED* - xda-developers

icon8.gif
[ROM]Superclean 2.7.1!! *UPDATED*
Hey folks,

I have been waiting to update so that I could release a super clean froyo version for you.
snap20110214_155759.png
SC20110214-215739.png
snap20110214_215906.png
snap20110214_215930.png
snap20110214_215940.png
snap20110214_215951.png
snap20110214_221134.png
SC20110226-142926.png

Changes since 2.6

This is a repost of yesterday's meltdown, with a couple new features.

--LG scheduling and clock widgets removed as I noticed even unused they were syncing up, which = hit on battery life.
--SMS/MMS app now has working delivery reports, as well as working screen wake for incoming messages and SMS to MMS conversion.
--Browser has been reverted to the EB01 version, which seems to be more stable.
--rom has been converted to edify and is now compatible with clockwork recovery 3.x.
--Protection from latest malware threat has been added, thanks to jcase.

Kernels are no longer included in superclean. This may change, but as of right now, superclean is version neutral.
Dude to the latest malware outbreak, I highly recommend updating to 2.7.1. You can read more here:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/03...open-backdoor/
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/...iref=allsearch

Side note:
I know there was some concern with the car cardle app not working for audio out. It does indeed work. What you must do is tap the mute/speaker icon, and it will switch to aux out for audio.

Download
too many boot up issues for now/link removed....will update when UPDATED

Kernel (To add dummy hotspot monitoring module) (NOT CWR 3.x COMPATIBLE)

Thanks to jt1134:

eb16_nonvoodoo.zip --Nonvoodoo eb16 kernel w/ dummy tether module

eb16_voodoo.zip --Voodoo eb16 kernel w/ dummy tether module

Here's a link to an ODIN version of SuperClean v2.7 nonVoodoo

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service <~~~Still works as far as I've tested

extract the .tar.md5 and flash in ODIN

Last edited:

millwood

Reaction score
What is CW 3.X? Is this something we need to update if we are already running ClockWork Red? Also.....the link for the NV version is broken, it is over at XDA as well.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is CW 3.X? Is this something we need to update if we are already running ClockWork Red? Also.....the link for the NV version is broken, it is over at XDA as well.
Thats the newest CWMR available through Rom Manager...Koush just finished it, its Orange lol
It used edify scripting instead of the amend scripting the previous use(green/red) this Version has been updated and recoded to work with the newer Orange CWMR...no you dont have to have it, (I flashed it in red CWMR) but its a hint at the future for the Fascinate....Adrynalyn was the first to convert his coding to Edify instead of Amend....

hope that helps

millwood

Reaction score
Sweet. Hopefully he can get the boot issue fixed and repost the file so we can install it. Thanks.

jrmpease

Reaction score
I just tried to... flash (?) this on my phone, using ROM Manager, and it all worked great, until it finished, and went to the Samsung boot screen. Now, my phone won't display anything but the boot screen, and has been taunting me with the word "Samsung" for a half an hour, now. What do I do to make it stop, and go back to functioning?

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
I just tried to... flash (?) this on my phone, using ROM Manager, and it all worked great, until it finished, and went to the Samsung boot screen. Now, my phone won't display anything but the boot screen, and has been taunting me with the word "Samsung" for a half an hour, now. What do I do to make it stop, and go back to functioning?

Either go on xda and look at the 2.7 sc thread and look at my recent post where adrenaylne said he realized the issue and posted a fix to use in Odin or wait for tapout to post it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

jrmpease

Reaction score
Found your post. My phone doesn't even go to the CWM screen, though. Just stays at "Samsung." How do I make it... boot, again? I don't really care about updating from 2.6 to 2.7, I just want my stuff to turn on, when I ask it to. :)

jrmpease

Reaction score
Now, I can't even get my phone to boot in recovery mode. It just goes to the Samsung startup. Doesn't do anything, when the battery's not in, when it's plugged in. It's a pretty paperweight. How can I get it to do... something?

Jerome900

Reaction score
wow its getn kinda hard to keep up... geesh.. so many new things never enough time

millwood

Reaction score
Now, I can't even get my phone to boot in recovery mode. It just goes to the Samsung startup. Doesn't do anything, when the battery's not in, when it's plugged in. It's a pretty paperweight. How can I get it to do... something?

Can you pull the battery and plug the cord in while holding the volume down key to get into the yellow triangle downloading screen? If you can then you can reflash through ODIN to another version like 2.6.

jrmpease

Reaction score
I did that about fifteen times, to no avail. Eventually, I left my phone, in anger. When I returned, it was on the recovery menu, only instead of orange, it was red, and that red menu finally accepted it when I asked it to flash SC 2.6. Now, my phone works, I think. I have no idea how or why it didn't work, or how or why it did, but it does, now. Thanks, though. It still won't let me flash themes, though...

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did that about fifteen times, to no avail. Eventually, I left my phone, in anger. When I returned, it was on the recovery menu, only instead of orange, it was red, and that red menu finally accepted it when I asked it to flash SC 2.6. Now, my phone works, I think. I have no idea how or why it didn't work, or how or why it did, but it does, now. Thanks, though. It still won't let me flash themes, though...
glad its working...what theme are you trying to flash?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nitro, A Touch of Blue, RoyalBread, anything, really. Tried a bunch.
how are you trying to install? dont use rom manager...reboot recovery manually, wipe cache partition and in advanced wipe dalvik cache...then install zip from sd card