[ROM]Superclean 2.6!! *UPDATED*

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit goes to Adrynalyn over at XDA for this awesome update....

Orig link: [ROM]Superclean 2.6!! *UPDATED* - xda-developers

icon8.gif
Hey folks,

I have been waiting to update so that I could release a super clean froyo version for you.
snap20110214_155759.png
SC20110214-215739.png
snap20110214_215906.png
snap20110214_215930.png
snap20110214_215940.png
snap20110214_215951.png
snap20110214_221134.png
SC20110226-142926.png

Note 2.5 and 2.6 users!!!

If you are having issues with browser force closing on downloads, please flash this debinged browser:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...d-browser.html

KERNELS!!! (Optional)

Thanks to jt1134:

http://www.mediafire.com/?pjhi8414cu816l9 --Nonvoodoo eb16 kernel w/ dummy tether module

http://www.mediafire.com/?jsv73jighb31zpq --Voodoo eb16 kernel w/ dummy tether module
Changes since 2.5:

Removed junk files I accidently left in.
Added widgetpicker, per request.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780828
Added bstats and fxpms scripts (wipe battery stats and fix permissions).
Restored newer swype version. (oops!)
Added latest gmail app (2.3.4.1)
Added latest gmaps (5.1)
Removed carrier edits I missed (on lockscreen) when porting over sbrissen's work.
DRM has been removed as well as divx app, seeing how it relies on it. It can be added in as a patch (listed on this page).
Modifications to status and quick panel, courtesy of Ludeboy.

Nonvoodoo
http://www.mediafire.com/?azoc8c7zj15o9lr

Voodoo
http://www.mediafire.com/?qtind53crbxmax7

Mirrors
http://adbdev.com/danknub/SF_EB15.66...2.6_voodoo.zip
http://adbdev.com/danknub/SF_EB15.66..._nonvoodoo.zip

ENJOY

Last edited:

alecks530

Reaction score
HELP!

ok so i flashed this this morning. i was coming from superclean 2.4
wgen i flashed it i went into recovery the selected update.zip
i looked for superclean 2.6 and preoceeded to flashing the rom
as soon as it was dont flashing i rebooted the phone and got stuck at the samsung logo.
i did a battery pull and now it just goes into recovery and i get

E:cant mount /dev/block/st1ll
(invalid argument)
E:cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(invalid argument)

what did i do wrong?
THANKS!!

GDP

Reaction score
Newb question. Will I need to wipe my phone before flashing this? I did yesterday before going to 2.5 but just wondering if it was necessary. Or am I just wasting my time?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
All credit goes to Adrynalyn over at XDA for this awesome update....

Orig link: [ROM]Superclean 2.6!! *UPDATED* - xda-developers

icon8.gif
Hey folks,

I have been waiting to update so that I could release a super clean froyo version for you.
snap20110214_155759.png
SC20110214-215739.png
snap20110214_215906.png
snap20110214_215930.png
snap20110214_215940.png
snap20110214_215951.png
snap20110214_221134.png

Changes since 2.5:

Removed junk files I accidently left in.
Added widgetpicker, per request.
[App] AppWidgetPicker - xda-developers
Added bstats and fxpms scripts (wipe battery stats and fix permissions).
Restored newer swype version. (oops!)
Added latest gmail app (2.3.4.1)
Added latest gmaps (5.1)
Removed carrier edits I missed (on lockscreen) when porting over sbrissen's work.
DRM has been removed as well as divx app, seeing how it relies on it. It can be added in as a patch (listed on this page).
Modifications to status and quick panel, courtesy of Ludeboy.

Nonvoodoo
super_frankenclean_2_6nv.zip

Voodoo
super_frankenclean_2_6v.zip

Should I do voodoo or nonvoodoo?
And what is the difference between the two?

Sent from my Super Clean 2.2 EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Last edited:

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
HELP!

ok so i flashed this this morning. i was coming from superclean 2.4
wgen i flashed it i went into recovery the selected update.zip
i looked for superclean 2.6 and preoceeded to flashing the rom
as soon as it was dont flashing i rebooted the phone and got stuck at the samsung logo.
i did a battery pull and now it just goes into recovery and i get

E:cant mount /dev/block/st1ll
(invalid argument)
E:cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(invalid argument)

what did i do wrong?
THANKS!!

Hey I'm coming from super_clean_2_4nv as well. I haven't done it yet but I was wondering if you wiped data and then installed the 2.6 then installed the update zip. That was how I was going to do it but if you did it that way then I don't want the same problem. If not then what exactly did you do?

edit: yeah I got that too. If you just use voodoo it works. I don't know what your opinion about voodoo is but it's great for me. =]

Last edited:

vi3tboiii54

Reaction score

I would say those inexperienced userd should stay clear of voodoo kernels at least until they gain enough experience and comfortability with their phones.

"Voodoo is a kernel replacement. Our phones use a proprietary RFS file system built as a legacy FAT, adding indexing and POSIX permission on the internal 2gb SD card. There is nothing wrong with RFS, but it’s slow. From what I understand it indexes everything. This takes time, causing lag. Voodoo reformats the internal SD card with standard Linux EXT4. EXT4 is a faster. This filing system is what is reffered to as the lag fix. Voodoo also makes the screen sharper, and has some improvemnets to sound quality as well. These have nothing to do with the lag fix portion of voodoo."

Also don’t flash a non-voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel. It won’t boot for one, and you will break CWM. Also going from voodoo to non voodoo makes sure to disable lag fix in clockwork mod recovery prior to flashing.

Newb question. Will I need to wipe my phone before flashing this? I did yesterday before going to 2.5 but just wondering if it was necessary. Or am I just wasting my time?

You should be fine going from 2.5 to 2.6 just wipe dalvik cache to be safe. Read the changes after 2.5 at the first post. He included widgetpicker.apk which organizes your widgets when you perform long press on the screen. Also battery stats and fxpms scripts which wipe battery stats and fix permissions. As well as some modifications to status and quick panel. In other words it up to you, I like to stay updated on the newest version so im at 2.6 for now.

xcoryedgex

Reaction score

I would say those inexperienced userd should stay clear of voodoo kernels at least until they gain enough experience and comfortability with their phones.

"Voodoo is a kernel replacement. Our phones use a proprietary RFS file system built as a legacy FAT, adding indexing and POSIX permission on the internal 2gb SD card. There is nothing wrong with RFS, but it’s slow. From what I understand it indexes everything. This takes time, causing lag. Voodoo reformats the internal SD card with standard Linux EXT4. EXT4 is a faster. This filing system is what is reffered to as the lag fix. Voodoo also makes the screen sharper, and has some improvemnets to sound quality as well. These have nothing to do with the lag fix portion of voodoo."

Also don’t flash a non-voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel. It won’t boot for one, and you will break CWM. Also going from voodoo to non voodoo makes sure to disable lag fix in clockwork mod recovery prior to flashing.

You should be fine going from 2.5 to 2.6 just wipe dalvik cache to be safe. Read the changes after 2.5 at the first post. He included widgetpicker.apk which organizes your widgets when you perform long press on the screen. Also battery stats and fxpms scripts which wipe battery stats and fix permissions. As well as some modifications to status and quick panel. In other words it up to you, I like to stay updated on the newest version so im at 2.6 for now.

Woah lol I'm impressed. So I think I messed up. Everything is working great but I did nothing with the lagfix or dalvik... I simply went in to odin and selected the PDA and flashed my cwm and then wiped data cache and then installed the new sc 2_5nv then installed the update zip. Then I did the same for 2_6nv. Then I did that with the voodoo as well.

vi3tboiii54

Reaction score
if youre not having problems dont worry about it, but so wait did you went from SC 2.5 NV to SC 2.6 NV, did you flash the voodoo kernel seperately? Dont disable lagfix unless you are going from voodoo to non-voodoo kernel.

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
if youre not having problems dont worry about it, but so wait did you went from SC 2.5 NV to SC 2.6 NV, did you flash the voodoo kernel seperately? Dont disable lagfix unless you are going from voodoo to non-voodoo kernel.

Umm.. I started at sc 2_4nv and went to sc 2_5nv then sc 2_6nv. But then from 2_6nv I went to 2_5v then to 2_6v. Never from voodoo to non voodoo. Only non voodoo to voodoo.

Nolenm

Reaction score
How do I know if I'm running voodoo...my friend is on his vibrant and has the red recovery

Sent from my SCH-I500

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
How do I know if I'm running voodoo...my friend is on his vibrant and has the red recovery

Sent from my SCH-I500

If you reboot to recovery, blue text = nonvoodoo red text = voodoo. From my experience anyway. But to get the red text when I ran nv I just put the phone in download mode and opened odin and flashed cwmr manually and then when I went into recovery it had red text.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sent from my SCH-I500

theres only one way to get voodoo with EB01 Froyo, youd have to flash the SuperClean voodoo version, otherwise no you are not running it...The recovery used with Froyo is a modded red voodoo recovery because the green had compatibility issues with Froyo.......bottom line is if you didnt flash a voodoo version you arent running voodoo just beacuse you have the red recovery...