[ROM][12.21.12][SC 2.8 End of the World Edition]2.6.32 Voodoo and Nonvoodoo

millwood

Reaction score
I am going to assume that you can flash this through CWM red by putting the zip on your SD card. Do you have to flash the separate Kernel file as well or is it included in the Voodoo and NonVoodoo files?

Jerome900

Reaction score
I don't think I'm actually flashing roms.. Does this way work?
Take battery out, plug into computer.
Open odin
pda
cwmr
start
reset
unplug phone insert battery boot to recovery
wipe data partition, cache
install zip choose zip
choose zip
update.zip
boot
?

which link for the odin file u need

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
I don't think I'm actually flashing roms.. Does this way work?
Take battery out, plug into computer.
Open odin
pda
cwmr
start
reset
unplug phone insert battery boot to recovery
wipe data partition, cache
install zip choose zip
choose zip
update.zip
boot
?

which link for the odin file u need

I got my odin from tapout. And my cwmr from the thread that says new clockwork mod recovery all. It's around here somewhere.

Sent from my Super Clean 2.2 EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jerome900

Reaction score
ok i went from 2.4 to 2.6 just flashing from my card then went up to 2.8. works awsome but was wondering if its a problem that i still boot in red cwm.

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
ok i went from 2.4 to 2.6 just flashing from my card then went up to 2.8. works awsome but was wondering if its a problem that i still boot in red cwm.

I always manually flash everything, so I'm not sure.

Jerome900

Reaction score

its just ive read people have orange, yellow, and red. wasnt sure if i need to have a diff one.

Last edited:

xcoryedgex

Reaction score

its just ive read people have orange, yellow, and red. wasnt sure if i need to have a diff one. its just ive read people have orange, yellow, and red. wasnt sure if i need to have a diff one

You can read the op but I believe orange is if you have EB01/EB16. Red is for EB01.

Jerome900

Reaction score
well 2.8 is running flawlessly with the va-green theme and lovin it and red cwm

Last edited:

collinjm01

Reaction score
Well i just flashed SC2.8 with NV eb16 kernel! Works amazing, smoothest one yet!
excellent work guys!
coming from 2.6, all i did was wiped cache and dalvik cache, flashed rom then kernel. Perfection! (btw i used CWR red, i thnk orange is still in the works)

Had a quick question too, since i have the wireless tether dummy kernel, does that mean i can use the "3G Mobile Hotspot" app that came i guess from Verizon, for free?

Last edited:

Sport

Reaction score
Hey gang, been a Lurker here learning all I can about update. Though I'm not new to building PC's I am new to updating my Fascinate. As such I'm still running the pre-Froyo version. If I choose to update to 2.8, will I need to start with the 2.1 first?
Also, can I still follow the directions from the 2.1 update & instructions posted by Tapout27 on 2/11?

Thanks in advance.

My droid serves me.

Jerome900

Reaction score
Hey gang, been a Lurker here learning all I can about update. Though I'm not new to building PC's I am new to updating my Fascinate. As such I'm still running the pre-Froyo version. If I choose to update to 2.8, will I need to start with the 2.1 first?
Also, can I still follow the directions from the 2.1 update & instructions posted by Tapout27 on 2/11?

Thanks in advance.

My droid serves me.

personally i went to 2.4 with odin then flashed 2.6 with cwm and then to 2.8 with cwm. if your familair with it then thats the easiest way

dougdan

Reaction score
Jerome did you just flash 2.8 or did you flash the kernel also? I'm currently running 2.4 so already have red. Tia

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ashyjerry

Reaction score
I just flashed this update coming from 2.7 and now I can't change any options in launcher pro I wiped my cache and davlik cache before I flashed with the red cmw

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App