[ROM][3/4/11] DarkREVENGE v1.0 - Check it out! [VOODOO/NON-VOODOO]

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
[ROM][3/4/11] DarkREVENGE v2.0 - Check it out! [VOODOO/NON-VOODOO]

All credit goes to thatdudebutch over at XDA for this Bada** Rom....

Orig link: [ROM][3/4/11] DarkREVENGE v1.0 - Check it out! [VOODOO/NON-VOODOO] - xda-developers

icon1.gif
[ROM][3/4/11] DarkREVENGE v2.0 Beta- UPDATE:Fixes etc. Check changelog! [EB16/15/01]
Hey guys, since we have a great new EB01/EB16 base for Froyo thanks to the man Adrynalyne, I thought I would make a ROM for you guys. This has been a collaborative effort by some of the greats in IRC. This thread will be maintained by them as well. Big thanks to Nitsuj17 and Kenesis for giving us a couple base UI themes and DiGi for design help.

The objective here was to give you many mods and options all in one place with a significantly different experience than you would have with a stock ROM. I hope we have accomplished that.
cool.gif

>>Important Notes: Please read the whole post before flashing.<<

DO NOT USE CLOCKWORK 3.0 (ORANGE) TO FLASH ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD, IT HAS BEEN WIDELY ACCEPTED BY THOSE IN IRC AND ELSEWHERE THAT EDIFY SCRIPTS AND OUR RECOVERY ARE NOT MESHING WELL WITH VOODOO CONVERSIONS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU HAVING TO ODIN. THX!

ROM FEATURES

- Hybrid ROM framework built off of EB01/EB15/EB16, Deodexed and Zipaligned, thanks to Adrynalyne for all the hard work.

- Custom malware profile

- Build prop edits for scrolling speed, also increased Wifi scanning intervals significantly as they were set to 15 seconds

- Voodoo or Non Voodoo kernel downloads available, with dummy tether module

- All Sbrissens framework ports/mods including choice of five lockscreens, status bar clock options, AOSP answer mod, and Verizon carrier badging deletions

- Full Gingerbread theme: UI, Dialer, Contacts, Swype, GB Launcher2, Market and Swype.

- Custom fonts added

- Modded Music Player [Thanks Tapout27]

- Mms.apk from i9000

- Hacked Camera Mod [Thanks GizmoDroid]

- Debinged Browser

- Custom boot and shutdown animations

- Microbes Wallpaper preloaded by request

- More to come..

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT SETUP VIA CWR.
2. PERFORM A FULL WIPE, INCLUDING DALVIK BEFORE FLASHING.
3. DOWNLOAD THE VOODOO OR NONVOODOO ZIP IN THIS THREAD.
4. PUT THE DARK REVENGE ZIP ON ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD.
5. INSTALL FROM VOODOO CWR OR THE STANDARD CWR, DO NOT USE CWR 3.0 (ORANGE), THIS IS FOR AMEND SCRIPTS ONLY.
6. AFTER SETUP, GO TO MARKET AND UNINSTALL ANY FLASH UPDATES AND UNCHECK AUTO UPDATING SO THAT YOUR HULU WILL CONTINUE TO FUNCTION.

**IF YOU ARE NOT ON EB16 FRAMEWORK AND HAVING PROBLEMS, FLASH ADRYN'S LATEST SUPERCLEAN HERE: [ROM][12.21.12][SC 2.8 End of the World Edition]2.6.32 Voodoo and Nonvoodoo - xda-developers DO THIS PRIOR TO INSTALLING DARK REVENGE, AS A SMALL GROUP SEEM TO HAVE PROBLEMS COMING FROM OTHER ROMS OR EARLIER FRAMEWORK.**

** To verify you're download is not corrupted, please download this free software, Hashtabs: HashTab - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com for Windows. Right click on the zipdownload, Go to properties, click the file hashes tab and compare the md5 to the one listed below. If they are the same your download is good.
biggrin.gif

DOWNLOADS AND CHANGE LOG

Version 2.0
Changes since 1.0:
- Deleted data/app in zip and amend script as it was (I'm almost 100% sure the source of the flashing problem for some. Not sure if this is an issue with Clockwork or if the syntax has just changed, will investigate)
- Everything extra included in the ROM is installed to system app for the time being so you must delete those things with root explorer, etc)
- Added new custom boot and shutdown animations, cut down on fonts and ringtones for now.
- Optimized system/framework by deleting a bunch of junk
- Added new modded TW launcher with fixed app drawer list options
- Added the previously forgotten GB themed Contacts.apk
- Re-added Microbes LWP
- Added Mms.apk from i9000

Voodoo v2: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
md5 sum: EECE7D836D1C27C161F11703DC07FB40

Nonvoodoo v2: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
md5 sum: 57E364E6687E47D7B9B3373F901BDCE0

Version 1.0
Voodoo v1: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
md5 sum: D630DEA1192FAA1EE7E0C2F6ECCBA3DE

Nonvoodoo v1: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
md5 sum: 728F6557F6EAAB7B61D9CCC9CD648FF1

EXTRAS

ALTERNATE GINGERBREAD THEME BY KENESIS
Alternate GB pulldown with green secondary text.
fUyTMs

Download: http://adbdev.com/danknub/eb01_sexbread_3.0.zip

BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
2hejb6w.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Screen Shots:

device6-1.png
device5.png

device4.png
device3.png

device2.png
device.png

**credit ludeboy for the pulldown changes (i redid his from superclean) and dtatchd for all his help along the way

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...bn=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donate_SM.gif:NonHosted

Last edited:

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
has anyone tried this???? im a little curious. especially since ive had problems with SC since the 2.6 update.

I just flashed this rom.. Nothing different so far, no problems. I'm still trying to see what's different. It still says SC 2.8 on the notifications. And no performance seems different. I'll update, as well as others I'm sure, if anything changes.

Edit: Well the reason nothing seems different is because I'm having trouble flashing it.
E:Can't open /sdcard/DarkREVENGE_v1_voodoo.zip
(bad)

I have to download it again. The link brought me to multiupload. Going to try megaupload from there instead of whichever one i used before.

Last edited:

Jerome900

Reaction score
So do u just odin this file or use just flash with cwm

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

yummylishouz

Reaction score
has anyone tried this???? im a little curious. especially since ive had problems with SC since the 2.6 update.

I just flashed this rom.. Nothing different so far, no problems. I'm still trying to see what's different. It still says SC 2.8 on the notifications. And no performance seems different. I'll update, as well as others I'm sure, if anything changes.

Edit: Well the reason nothing seems different is because I'm having trouble flashing it.
(bad)

I have to download it again. The link brought me to multiupload. Going to try megaupload from there instead of whichever one i used before.

i actually did try to flash this.. and all i got was a black screen after boot animation. i looked over on xda and a few people are having the same problem.. i just went with SC2.8... it seems to be running much smoother than SC2.6 so im fine with this. keep us updated if you get it working tough!

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
So do u just odin this file or use just flash with cwm

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

cwm supposedly doesn't work for the Fascinate. It's a difficult phone. You have to use odin.
Just make sure you've downloaded the .zip that works. So far the rapidshare doesn't work. It comes up as bad when you try to install it. I'm trying megaupload.

xcoryedgex

Reaction score

(bad)

i actually did try to flash this.. and all i got was a black screen after boot animation. i looked over on xda and a few people are having the same problem.. i just went with SC2.8... it seems to be running much smoother than SC2.6 so im fine with this. keep us updated if you get it working tough!

Yeah it seems that since the link sends you to multiupload there are downloads that are bad.

Sent from my Super Clean 2.2 EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE this rom. Wow. I don't even mind not having the honeycomb boot animation. That's one of the only things I miss about sc though.

vmax76

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE this rom. Wow. I don't even mind not having the honeycomb boot animation. That's one of the only things I miss about sc though.

How did you get this ROM to install?? I had no luck...just gave me the boot animation forever until I had to pull the battery and restore back to SC 2.6

xcoryedgex

Reaction score

How did you get this ROM to install?? I had no luck...just gave me the boot animation forever until I had to pull the battery and restore back to SC 2.6

I was at sc 2.8 voodoo. You have to make sure you download the most current DarkREVENGE due to problems.
I pulled the battery, plugged my phone into the computer.
Opened odin, clicked pda and selected my clockwork mod recovery
start and then closed odin when it was done
unplugged my phone and but the battery in
booted into recovery
wiped data partition cache
wiped dalvik
wiped data partition cache again to be safe
installed sc 2.8v
installed DarkREVENGE
then selected the apply:update.zip
booted
it did take about four-five minutes or so.

yummylishouz

Reaction score
and.. while stuck in the bootloop, it vibrates every 30 seconds or so as if its getting ready to boot, but it doesnt. UGH! why does my phone hate me? its been giving me such issues this week!!!

virtaclesmile

Reaction score

I was at sc 2.8 voodoo. You have to make sure you download the most current DarkREVENGE due to problems.
booted into recovery
wiped dalvik
installed sc 2.8v
installed DarkREVENGE
booted

After I downloaded the updated zip, and followed xcoryedgex's simple to understand instructions....worked like a charm:icon_ banana:

xcoryedgex

Reaction score

booted into recovery
wiped dalvik
installed sc 2.8v
installed DarkREVENGE
booted

After I downloaded the updated zip, and followed xcoryedgex's simple to understand instructions....worked like a charm:icon_ banana:

I'm glad I could help. =]