[KERNEL] BLOWNAWAY UPDATE-Blazed v2.3.1 VOODOO/UVOC1.3GHz/BLN - Eclair 2.6.29.6

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit goes to SirGatez over on XDA....amazing kernels ahead.....Enjoy

Orig link: [KERNEL] BLOWNAWAY UPDATE-Blazed v2.3.1 VOODOO/UVOC1.3GHz/BLN - Eclair 2.6.29.6 - xda-developers

icon8.gif
[KERNEL] BLOWNAWAY UPDATE-Blazed v2.3.1 VOODOO/UVOC1.3GHz/BLN - Eclair 2.6.29.6

Update v2.3.0R2-VooDoo/NoVooDoo: Minor fix to help prevent dpram crash by handling and disposing of invalid commands sent to dpram, should fix seeming random lockup. [ Edit: corrected incorrect version numbers in original v2.3.0 series xda posts, thanks to s44 who caught the error, this does not affect kernel downloads, this were named correctly ]

Update v2.3.1-VooDoo/NoVooDoo: I reduced the delays in the ce147 camera driver, repairing the dpram driver resolve many of the seemingly random issues that had once plagued Blazed. Also a special treat for all you Blazed users, a new voodoo sound option that I have named "HEADPHONE_STICK" essentially the option when enabled (per boot) will force all audio directed to the external speaker to be instead directed to the headphone jack if the headphone jack has a plug in it. I find it excellent for not disturbing others around me with notifications when I would rather the phone be silent but I have headphones plugged in. Also excellent for using that awesome amp you have in combination withr you fascinate to wake you up in the morning. I will be contacting the maker of the Voodoo sound app in the market to get this option added to his application for quick and easy access. Also a major rework in the way kernel modules are loaded, all modules non-essential to booting are now stored in /system/kmodules. So if you reflash your system folder reflash your kernel or it may not boot, a quick browse will reveal what modules are kept there, I have more readily compiled and will release a separate "modules only" update.zip for those interested. By moving the modules it will allow for more options that are only available for including in the kernel boot image.

If you appreciate Blazed and enjoy using it, please consider making a donation. Thank you for trying it out and have fun!
Nonvoodoo 2.3.0RC2 - xda-developers
Voodoo 2.3.0Rc2 - xda-developers
Nonvoodoo 2.3.1 - xda-developers
Voodoo 2.3.1 - *pulled...being fixed asap*
Enjoy.....

Last edited: