[ROM] [ROM] Steel Droid JellyBean GNex v7.0 - 5-20-2013

tehfuzz

Reaction score
Nope, been great for the past couple weeks.

did you have to wipe the phone a couple times, or did you do any other things than wiping the data , cache and the davlik cache. Fix permissions too? I installed the bootloader and the antennas and that is just fine. no probs with install. i just freeze after the first reboot. and it even happens in safeboot.
I seem to be running out of ideas

tehfuzz

Reaction score
The other thing that i have noticed too is that the phone gets super hot when I did run it. Did any of you have to adjust the voltage settings at all? I saw the battery just getting shredded to pieces. The performance
and functionality of the rom otherwise is fantastic. The only issues I have is that the phone gets super warm and shreds the battery. Upon restarting I lock up after initial setup. Works great after initial install though just after the first restart. Hoping to get some insight to this problem from chevy when he gets a moment?:blink:DancingNexus

zevoman

Reaction score
After several trial-and-error efforts, I believe I discovered my gremlin (what was freezing up my phone and heating it up like crazy as well). When I would just complete an install, and entered in my Google account info, the phone seemed to work great. However, after a little while, it would get really hot like it was really chewing on something. That would usually lead to a frozen phone, but I wondered if it was because I would be reinstalling and restoring apps at the same time. I decided to hold off for a while. I checked the battery usage section and it turns out it was the Google Sync - specifically the Browser sync. As soon as I disabled the Browser sync, the phone cooled off and it seems to be doing fine now. It's been 4 days and I've slowly been restoring all my apps and it's still doing great!

tehfuzz

Reaction score
Thanks Zevoman! I will give that a try for now when i have a moment.

tehfuzz

Reaction score
Reinstalled tonight. so far so good... battery hasnt been super hot at all, and i made sure to turn off the sync like zevoman said so far.

*update : worked fine until i got a call. the screen locked up and phone got hot. pulled the batt, and proceeded to do the same lock up every time i start up. will continue to work on this because i really like this release.

Last edited:
OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Im about to upload a v3.1. Quite a few fixes, and improvements. Should be getting much better at the battery level.

I have an Otterbox Defender case on mine, so I have no idea if its getting hot to the touch or not. If it is, then its retaining all its heat, and mine still survives just fine, so I dont think heat will be a huge problem, unless you leave on GPS, Bluetooth, or something else. But your right, try to clobber usless syncs when you can, like for Browser, or Picasa.

Also, you can go into Manage Applications, and DISABLE "Picasa Upload" and "Google Text-to-Speech Engine". Force Stop them first, then disable them. I do, and Im sure I gain from it.

amado5

Reaction score
Re: [ROM] Steel Droid JellyBean GNex v3.0 - 10-17-2012

Im about to upload a v3.1. Quite a few fixes, and improvements. Should be getting much better at the battery level.

I have an Otterbox Defender case on mine, so I have no idea if its getting hot to the touch or not. If it is, then its retaining all its heat, and mine still survives just fine, so I dont think heat will be a huge problem, unless you leave on GPS, Bluetooth, or something else. But your right, try to clobber usless syncs when you can, like for Browser, or Picasa.

Also, you can go into Manage Applications, and DISABLE "Picasa Upload" and "Google Text-to-Speech Engine". Force Stop them first, then disable them. I do, and Im sure I gain from it.

tapybe3u.jpg

Best news of the week!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Nexus has been updated to v3.1! Check the OP!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Download was pulled for a sec. I accidentally included Superuser 0.97 instead of 0.98. I know, just a VERY small update, but I want it as current as possible, and in tune with the changelog. lol Thats just how I roll. :-D

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
OK, the OP has been updated with the correct build for the Galaxy Nexus. Sorry about that. Enjoy!