[ROM] [ROM] Steel Droid JellyBean GNex v7.0 - 5-20-2013

amado5

Reaction score
Re: [ROM] Steel Droid JellyBean GNex v2.8 - 10-7-2012

V2.8 is up! Check it out!

Hey Chevy!!! Great job with the builds, is there any way you can mirror this to drop box? Every time I try to download this to my SD storage it always goes unsuccessful at 99%

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thorrules

Reaction score
V2.8 is up! Check it out!

hi Chevy! thanks for the ROM. Flashed it on my wife's Nexus, works awesome. For whatever reason, my wife does not like the call answering feature of JellyBean, as in, when the phone is ringing it is difficult to know whether you swipe to the right or left to answer it. She likes the GB still of answering phone, is there some way the call answering feature be modified? Thanks!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Im working on v3.0 right now. This one will have performance settings (voltage, CPU speed, scheduler, boot animation on/off, and more), and a rearranged Settings menu that (I think) makes more sense). A lot has improved, and this version will be based on Android 4.1.2. Shouldnt be long. Want to add a few more things, and still have a few bugs to squash.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Soon to be another update to my apparently not-so-popular ROM for our GNex. v3.0 is building right now, and will pass through some tests, and if it passes, I will post it up!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
hi Chevy! thanks for the ROM. Flashed it on my wife's Nexus, works awesome. For whatever reason, my wife does not like the call answering feature of JellyBean, as in, when the phone is ringing it is difficult to know whether you swipe to the right or left to answer it. She likes the GB still of answering phone, is there some way the call answering feature be modified? Thanks!

She finds it difficult to drag to the GREEN icon on the right? Im just saying. (no offense)

amado5

Reaction score

Soon to be another update to my apparently not-so-popular ROM for our GNex. v3.0 is building right now, and will pass through some tests, and if it passes, I will post it up!

Chevy if you needed testers I would be more than willing

dx1881

Reaction score

Waiting patiently Chevy

thorrules

Reaction score
chevycam94 said:
She finds it difficult to drag to the GREEN icon on the right? Im just saying. (no offense)

Yes that's correct. She gets confused with left or right swipe and there are no colors (unless you actually try to drag it), so lot of times she accidently declines the call she wanted to accept. Any suggestions are great appreciated. Looking forward to Gnex3.0!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Well, I decided to make a few last-minutes additions to my GNex ROM. I figured I would give you guys a little more to work with.

Now, there have been some discussion on other forums, and with VanirAOSP (my ROM base). I have included CPU control settings in my ROM. One person stated on another forum, that ROM devs should NOT include CPU controls in their ROMs, because those that PURCHASED 3rd party apps for that reason, will feel its a waste of their money, and that in some cases, the options built into the ROM dont actually work like 3rd party apps would.

I dont feel its fair to remove CPU controls from my ROM, just because a few of you bought an app that will do the same thing. What about those of you that DIDNT buy the app? Should you be punished because you didnt buy an app? NO! I personally never bought an app, but I do use SetCPU on my D1 from time to time, to test out certain features, and get more system info. But I would like to have CPU control that cant be killed, because its not an APP. If its built into my ROM, its there, and you CANT kill it (would reboot the phone if you even could). This is basically a battery saver feature. What do you guys think of my choice to include this in my ROM?

This version now has a HUGE changelog. Im sure its missing some things, but I will see if I can remember them all before I make the post.

Last edited:
OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
v3.0 has been uploaded! I will post it as soon as I get some screenshots together and get everything updated in the OP. Should be tomorrow, if work doesnt take all night.

thorrules

Reaction score
chevycam94 said:
v3.0 has been uploaded! I will post it as soon as I get some screenshots together and get everything updated in the OP. Should be tomorrow, if work doesnt take all night.

Hi chevy, if coming from 2.8 do I need to wipe?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Hi chevy, if coming from 2.8 do I need to wipe?

You probably should. There were a LOT of changes. Of course, when you install it, it will wipe the necessary sections automatically on install. Check back in the OP in about 15 minutes. Im posting up v3.0 right now.

dx1881

Reaction score
Re: [ROM] Steel Droid JellyBean GNex v3.0 - 10-17-2012

Nice update, very responsive. Had to adjust for a second over the way settings