chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Do you guys like the reorganized Settings menu? I didnt do that to the submenus, but I will eventually, as I see a lot of things that are not organized very logically.

QuietStormXXL

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues using Google now on their galaxy nexus with 3.0?? Cause its not working for me

Durandgir

Reaction score
Alright you win I'll flash your update :D I haven't ran a SD rom in a loooong time, in fact I haven't run any rom in a long time.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Re: [ROM] Steel Droid JellyBean GNex v3.0 - 10-17-2012

I flashed this on the 17th when Chevy uploaded it. I had some issues with the first install where the phone would lock up within three to five minutes of flashing. I re-flashed several times and finally got this one to run stable. Very strange but I love the ROM at this point. Super smooth, very responsive and I like all the extras that are packed in here.

Thanks Chevy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm take'n SD for a spin today and so far so good! Boot up was fast and the rom is fast! Thanks!

*Google now is wonky for me (fc's) but that's it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Really dig this rom! Again very fast and I do like the new settings order! Thanks for the work!! :)

jpnestel

Reaction score

Anyone having trouble installing? I'm getting a symlink error or something in clockwork when trying to install...

jpnestel

Reaction score

I didn't. I dl'ed like 3 times though and it keeps happening. Not going to stop me from continuing to try though :)

amado5

Reaction score

Anyone having trouble installing? I'm getting a symlink error or something in clockwork when trying to install...

Are you on the latest version of clockwork recovery? If so, you should try TWRP

Johnnyb

Reaction score

Chevycam94, there's a lock icon in the pull down for screen rotation but it doesn't seem to work. Am i missing how to turn it on?

zevoman

Reaction score
I flashed this on top of my previous version of Steel Droid and it seemed to work great. I loved the speed! Then, a couple of hours after flashing, the phone screen wouldn't turn on. It was hot, like it was heavily processing, but I couldn't get it to "wake up". Alas, only a battery pull worked. Seemed to be fine. However, it froze again last night and now I can't even get it to boot up. It just freezes on the boot animation screen forever. Any ideas?

tehfuzz

Reaction score
I flashed this on top of my previous version of Steel Droid and it seemed to work great. I loved the speed! Then, a couple of hours after flashing, the phone screen wouldn't turn on. It was hot, like it was heavily processing, but I couldn't get it to "wake up". Alas, only a battery pull worked. Seemed to be fine. However, it froze again last night and now I can't even get it to boot up. It just freezes on the boot animation screen forever. Any ideas?

I have no probs with the install or the boot. the first load works perfectly. Then the phone will randomly turn itself off and ill have to pull the battery. Then it just proceeds to freeze. Really like this rom, but that for sure needs to get fixed.

zevoman

Reaction score
Last night I finally gave up and completely wiped the phone and did a fresh install of this ROM. Again, it seemed to work great for a while. Then, after a couple of hours, it freezes again and only a battery pull allows me to reboot. I finally got fed up and reinstalled my previous version of Steel Droid. I agree, I hope this gets fixed soon as I loved what little time I was able to spend with Jelly Bean - I may after to try out another ROM while I wait!

tehfuzz

Reaction score
i think it might be one of the start up scripts that might be hanging which may cause the phone to just lock up.