[ROM] [ROM] Steel Droid JellyBean GNex v7.0 - 5-20-2013

tehfuzz

Reaction score
Thanks Chevy. Will flash tonight when I get home. Also, for the heads up on the full factory wipe I will back up the things i covet.:icon_ lala:

tehfuzz

Reaction score
worked great through the night then started to lock up.

Last edited:

Carpetman

Reaction score
Downloaded this and it is GREAT. Fast boot, fast and smooth operation. Thanks for a GREAT ROM. My only problem is that my Google Now won't work. all the aspects of it work except the search, probably not anything to do with the rom.

Last edited:
OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Downloaded this and it is GREAT. Fast boot, fast and smooth operation. Thanks for a GREAT ROM. My only problem is that my Google Now won't work. all the aspects of it work except the search, probably not anything to do with the rom.

Works for me. I will see if others still have the same issue before I get my v3.2 release out. Glad you like it so far!

tgutmann

Reaction score

Google Now force closes for me too. Everything else is great. Anyone have the same problem and find a workaround/fix?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I got a burr up my butt tonight and decided to remake the main design for my ROMs logo, and it shows in the OP!

tehfuzz

Reaction score
Google Now force closes for me too. Everything else is great. Anyone have the same problem and find a workaround/fix?

I am having the same problem, but am going to start searching for a work around. Maybe Chevy has one for us already? I reflashed and am trying again.

tehfuzz

Reaction score
Update : So I managed to get the rom to stabilize on my phone. Disabling some of the processes def helped. Google Now's voice searched was fixed for me by updating it in the store.

Otherwise I really like this rom. It's really nice to have all the toggles I want/need at the instance of the drop down menu. The battery life isnt too bad either. Buttery smooth as well.
Lovin' the theme chevy... The picture is super cool.

I guess my only other question is that in the developers options or maybe the messaging settings it gives the optioned for a darkened UI for messaging. ive toyed around with it and havent seen any success.DancingNexus:D:icon_ lala:

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Well, its official, and its PUBLIC! Get your Christmas present from me NOW! GNex owners now have v4.0 available!

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
So in the latest release the are no power power widgets in the notification bar? And also no way to customize the quick setting options? Slick ROM nonetheless. Very smooth!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Happy New Years! I've got another update to my GNex ROM out for everyone! Hope you enjoy!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
And yes, Im uploading a mirror for my GNex download. Going to test out SendSpace. Seems to work for me with everything else. I just cant keep track of downloads... :-(