[ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3

evildesign

Reaction score
I installed this, and I installed the calendar fix, but I still can't get the calendar to work, and it just crashes, which I am also guessing is an issue related to why I can't get corporate to sync my calendar down. If you know of anything I should look at it, that would be great. I tried looking at what calendarfix.zip did and it did everything on the system that was suppose to.

I also have an issue where clockwork recovery not working, and when I tell it to reboot into recovery it locks up on the M screen. If I take the battery out and reboot it starts up fine, or if I go toe bootstrap and install it again and then reboot into it, it goes fine. It just when I use rom manager for some odd reason to reboot into it, that it dont work.

If you have any possible solutions, please let me know, thanks.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have noticed that since installing from stock 2.2 (leak, not ota) to rubix i have 2 stock text messaging apps. One is "messaging" and the other is "text messages". Any way i can remove one of them? I have root explorer if that could do the trick..

the "messaging" app may just be the moto blur message app...the "text messages" app is the stock text messaging app

richpadg

Reaction score
Ok, I am currently running 2.2 from Rom Manager and have some of the bloatware renamed. Do I need to do anything before applying this ROM?

Also, the download link doesn't seem to be working. Mirror?

Edit: got it downloaded.

Now, is it worth loading this ROM? I see a lot of people having problems with it.

Last edited:

saxman

Reaction score
One big problem im having now is the phones inability to recognize my audio files as beings format re phone can play. I tried using a different music player but did not do the trick. Its affecting my ringtones too...any thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, I am currently running 2.2 from Rom Manager and have some of the bloatware renamed. Do I need to do anything before applying this ROM?

Also, the download link doesn't seem to be working. Mirror?

Edit: got it downloaded.

Now, is it worth loading this ROM? I see a lot of people having problems with it.

A lot of the problems are from either not completely formatting system, data, cache, or from little problems that seem to be phone specific. If you'd like, wait a few days when the next release should be out. All rom specific bugs have been addressed and worked out, at least that I've found.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
One big problem im having now is the phones inability to recognize my audio files as beings format re phone can play. I tried using a different music player but did not do the trick. Its affecting my ringtones too...any thoughts?

Audio files work fine for me.. In fact, I use my x to listen to music in my car on the way to school every morning. Did you wipe data/cache before installing? Try downloading Music Mod (I think it can be found on the market) and see if that helps.

saxman

Reaction score

Audio files work fine for me.. In fact, I use my x to listen to music in my car on the way to school every morning. Did you wipe data/cache before installing? Try downloading Music Mod (I think it can be found on the market) and see if that helps.

Its not just the music player. My ringtones won't work either. If I do a reboot they will work but only for a limited amount of time...i've been trying mixzing to check if it was only the music player but its still happening . For instance, when receiving a call now more than half the time my real ringtone doesn't work, it will be a generic ringtone, when I check if my ringtone is properly selected is but for some reason it doesn't play it...does this make sense?

saxman

Reaction score
And yes I did wipe data/cache/system when installing.

BDavis81

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with this ROM yet. It is by far the fastest one I have installed on my phone. Thanks for the good work, I'm happy to donate. Can't wait to see what you come out with in the future.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Its not just the music player. My ringtones won't work either. If I do a reboot they will work but only for a limited amount of time...i've been trying mixzing to check if it was only the music player but its still happening . For instance, when receiving a call now more than half the time my real ringtone doesn't work, it will be a generic ringtone, when I check if my ringtone is properly selected is but for some reason it doesn't play it...does this make sense?

Makes no sense whatsoever to me. I've tried to replicate.it, but to no avail. I'll look into it a little more after work tonight

saxman

Reaction score

Makes no sense whatsoever to me. I've tried to replicate.it, but to no avail. I'll look into it a little more after work tonight

Thanks buddy I really appreciate it. Aside from this problem, which may just be a froyo thing, your rom is really awesome. Cannot wait for the blur release!

sephtin

Reaction score
Thanks buddy I really appreciate it. Aside from this problem, which may just be a froyo thing, your rom is really awesome. Cannot wait for the blur release!

@Sax
You seem to be the only one I've seen report this. Have you tried reinstalling the ROM? If so, and you have recreated it after re-install... what OTHER changes have you made? (IE: uninstalled ADW and installed Launcher Pro, installed a theme, or restored settings (or ANYTHING) from backup, etc. ???)

More info you provide, the easier it's going to be to recreate the problem. Also, reinstall would show if it was just a one time issue, or help identify where the problem might be occuring.. ?

Just a suggestion.

saxman

Reaction score

@Sax
You seem to be the only one I've seen report this. Have you tried reinstalling the ROM? If so, and you have recreated it after re-install... what OTHER changes have you made? (IE: uninstalled ADW and installed Launcher Pro, installed a theme, or restored settings (or ANYTHING) from backup, etc. ???)

More info you provide, the easier it's going to be to recreate the problem. Also, reinstall would show if it was just a one time issue, or help identify where the problem might be occuring.. ?

Just a suggestion.

I did wipe everything when I installed the rom to begin with. The only changes I've made were adding sense 2.2 x framework and services. I am using launcherpro but I don't see why that would affect files on my sd card... I did not theme the music player or any other app. I did add social network stuff from blur as well but again I don’t see how that would affect audio files saved to my sd card. The alert I get says the file is not supported, if that helps at all.

sephtin

Reaction score
I did wipe everything when I installed the rom to begin with. The only changes I've made were adding sense 2.2 x framework and services. I am using launcherpro but I don't see why that would affect files on my sd card... I did not theme the music player or any other app. I did add social network stuff from blur as well but again I don’t see how that would affect audio files saved to my sd card. The alert I get says the file is not supported, if that helps at all.

Hmm, this might sound like extra work... But if it was me, here's what I would try:

--Reinstall rubiX.
Test to see if you can recreate issue
--Add sense 2.2.x back
--switch from ADW to LauncherPro

I'm certain that if/when following the instructions to re-install, the issue will disappear. My question is, after what step does the issue re-appear.

If you wouldn't mind re-installing Sax, that'd be awesome. Let us know after what change made the issue re-appears at. (And IF.. it happens on a fresh re-install.. then drod2169 could look further into why this might be happening (?)).

And I'm sorry for jumping in here drod2169, but you have your hands full with the ROM, a new ROM with crappy blur elements for those that want them (BOO!), as well as other valid issues. I don't believe this one to be ROM related.. but rather something that changed after the install.. *shrug*