[ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, you can. I can take the theme and take out the files that he themed that are blurred. If you flash it now, all the blur apps he listed will also appear in your system, although your system WILL NOT call on them. You'll have double email and calendar apps as well.

If I remove the Blur stuff before after I install will it look like its supposed to?

oh yes, without a doubt. was just trying to make it easy on you :icon_ banana:

by all means, you can use root explorer or adb to remove.

BlurAlarmClock
BlurCalendar
BlurCalendarProvider
BlurEmail
BlurHome
Conversations
CarDock
FriendFeed
SocialMessaging
MessagesWidget
Dock

That should do the trick.

TwinsDad

Reaction score
Still stuck? A unfortunately common mistake can be to forget to mount the system after doing the formatting, this will cause you to be stuck at the M.

I formated everything...I followed the instructions on the first page.

I had to take the phone back to Verizon and have them replace it. now im scared to try it again.

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
Yes, you can. I can take the theme and take out the files that he themed that are blurred. If you flash it now, all the blur apps he listed will also appear in your system, although your system WILL NOT call on them. You'll have double email and calendar apps as well.

If I remove the Blur stuff before after I install will it look like its supposed to?

oh yes, without a doubt. was just trying to make it easy on you :icon_ banana:

by all means, you can use root explorer or adb to remove.

BlurAlarmClock
BlurCalendar
BlurCalendarProvider
BlurEmail
BlurHome
Conversations
CarDock
FriendFeed
SocialMessaging
MessagesWidget
Dock

That should do the trick.

Thank you Very much Kind Sir. dancedroid

Seano

Reaction score
i did not format system or data only formatted my cache and everything installed just fine.

I hope it stays that way for you, what were you running on the phone before the flash? Just remember its hard to ask for support if needed if you don't follow the developers directions, too many small things can create issues but hopefully you dont encounter any.

i havent had one issue and i was running the 2.3.15 leak.

burpootus

Reaction score
You may know me from my Rubik releases for the droid 1.. Well recently I purchased a Droid X. I couldn't stand the phone stock, so of course I got busy. I've been working on this for quite a while, gone through quite a bit of bricks, sbf flashes, and passing it to my testers cause I couldn't afford to brick at the time.

I bring you the first release of the rubiX series for the Droid X. rubiX Focused, It is a blurless rom

Tranquility 2.3.5 base (2.2.3.15 base) thanks to p3droid, motorola (hah) and google
Build.Prop tweaks (thanks to Beesley)
Market fix
All apps optimized/zipaligned (Credit to me)
ADW Launcher as stock launcher (No more laggy blur home!)
Bloatware removed (Credit to me)
135.42 MB free in System! Speedy ;) (Credit to me)
Google market apps removed (download from market)
Auto Brightness Hack (credit to Pete)
Speed and battery tweaks (Credit to me. Thanks Nenolod and Pete for inspiration on sysctl tweaks)
Few more things that I'd like to keep secret for the time being ;)

This rom is VERY speedy, stable, and loveable. It'll make you want to laugh in Moto's face for the locked bootloader.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom, or something goes wrong)
Mounts And Storage*** (sorry for the mix up)
Format System
Format Data
Format Cache
Mount System
Install Zip From SDCard
Select rubiX0.3Focused.zip
Select Yes
Reboot System
Enjoy :)

The first boot will take a while, so be patient with it loading.

I am NOT responsible by any means for ANYTHING that may happen to your phone. Blame Motorola for locking the bootloader!

Download link:
http://bit.ly/97xzO2

I'm a college student working to put myself through school. I dedicate a lot of my time to this, so please, if you like my work, buy me some Red Bull!
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TYYWQBR78DW7U

In case you don't like the minimum brightness level for the auto brightness patch, here's the stock brightness:
brightnessfix.zip

And the Calendar fix, use this one, p3droid's does not fix the issue:
calendarfix.zip

Very smooth - donation sent - keep up the good work on the X.

Asterisk

Reaction score
I really am tempted to try this but I have one question. Do I have to deox before installing or should I be just fine with installing over rooted OTA 2.2? If I want to keep all my facebook stuff synced what should I do after installing?

Reaction score
So it appears you took out the files app, which personally I thought was great. How do I go about getting that back on my X?

avt123

Reaction score
Does anyone have the backupassistantclient.apk did realize it was gonna get erased

Drod will have a patch up for those who use backupassistant shortly. I don't use it, so dont have a backup on hand. The official patch for users will come soon though.

for those who want backupassistant:

flash this after you install the rom, flashed same as the other patches
reboot
if its your first setup, go through the setup wizard, choose adw launcher after finishing the initial setup, select backup assistant via app drawer
backupassistantfix.zip

Is backupassistant even necessary? Every time I have wiped/loaded a new ROM or update, it has done nothing for me.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Drod will have a patch up for those who use backupassistant shortly. I don't use it, so dont have a backup on hand. The official patch for users will come soon though.

reboot
if its your first setup, go through the setup wizard, choose adw launcher after finishing the initial setup, select backup assistant via app drawer
backupassistantfix.zip

Is backupassistant even necessary? Every time I have wiped/loaded a new ROM or update, it has done nothing for me.

If you wipe via the stock recovery, its necessary. Wiping through clockwork recovery, no.

For the stock file manager: I didn't mean to take it out in the release. I took it out for my build, and forgot to put it back in. Laziness on my part. Sorry :/ I attached the .apk zipped up, just extract the file and adb push FileManager.apk /system/app or copy/paste with root explorer and change permissions to 644.

avt123

Reaction score

reboot
backupassistantfix.zip

If you wipe via the stock recovery, its necessary. Wiping through clockwork recovery, no.

For the stock file manager: I didn't mean to take it out in the release. I took it out for my build, and forgot to put it back in. Laziness on my part. Sorry :/ I attached the .apk zipped up, just extract the file and adb push FileManager.apk /system/app or copy/paste with root explorer and change permissions to 644.

Oh ok. If you use 928's method of getting back to stock it restores it anyways right?

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Oh ok. If you use 928's method of getting back to stock it restores it anyways right?

I'm not sure of 928's method.. what is it? If it's wiping through clockwork mod recovery, it only wipes your phones data. Factory reset makes you call to *228. If backup assistant isn't present, it fails the system checks on boot.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I was so hesitant to put a ROM on my phone. Not sure if it was what I wanted since I was happy with what was on the phone from stock. I am SO HAPPY I did it. The phone was fast before, but is even faster now. Just simple thing like loading the widget selection screen pops up with no wait at all.

One quick question, what happened to the stock e-mail app for accounts like Exchange? I know there is one on there now, but its not the same as what it was and I liked the original one. I looked on the market, but its not there. Am I just retarded and think its different or is it actually different.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
One last thing. When I open up the Gallery, it doens't see any of the folders I have on my SD card. Mainly the DCIM folder and a couple other folders I made. I save wallpapers to a folder called...wallpapers, but it won't show up now.