[ROM Port] ApeX 1.0.2.2 for Droid 2

rob0rz

Reaction score
Swype should now be working. Just redownload (it's the same link) and flash. Let me know if there is any other problems that come up.

I hope everyone enjoys the rom.

kevyo

Reaction score
What process do you recommend for someone who has already downloaded the previous version and applied a theme (REV) to the ROM. How should I flash the file in order to get Swype working? Will I need to start over?

Swype should now be working. Just redownload (it's the same link) and flash. Let me know if there is any other problems that come up.

I hope everyone enjoys the rom.

mewshi

Reaction score
What are the advantages of this ROM over Fission? Just wondering why I would want to switch.

youngti

Reaction score
no auto rotation

Just installed this rom and like it a lot, but I don't seem to be able to get the auto rotation to work.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Is there some place where I could get a clean 2.3.20 (is this the newest D2 build) file?

That'd probably be the quickest way to fix these issues, is if I just started on the D2 base and added in all the ApeX mods.

kevyo

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed is that when I sign into Facebook, the option to sync all of my FB friends with my contacts appears to be gone. Is this a blur thing? I also sign in using the "Social Networking" app, but every time I try to open it, it says I need to setup an account. Either way, I'm not seeing my FB contact pictures when I open up contacts. Anyone have any ideas? Should I reflash and start over?

obutto

Reaction score
Glad to see you here Fab. Droid 2 roms are almost non-existent.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
One thing I've noticed is that when I sign into Facebook, the option to sync all of my FB friends with my contacts appears to be gone. Is this a blur thing? I also sign in using the "Social Networking" app, but every time I try to open it, it says I need to setup an account. Either way, I'm not seeing my FB contact pictures when I open up contacts. Anyone have any ideas? Should I reflash and start over?

Yeah, that's a Blur thing, the built in social networking overrides the Facebook app's. But you're saying it doesn't work to add a Facebook account through 'My Accounts' ?

Try using the smaller icon, not the large one.

Either way, I'll hopefully be able to fix it with that 2.3.20 file. I'll just build ApeX up from that, but I'll need a tester who's not afraid ;)

Glad to see you here Fab. Droid 2 roms are almost non-existent.

Thanks! Asides from Swype and auto orientation, how is ApeX running on the D2?

wmnomore

Reaction score
You are the man. This rom rules!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Hmm I notice the backlight stays on even when I turn the display off. Could this be the ROM or just some general issue w/ my settings? Thanks.
Edit: word usage fail.

Last edited:
OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Hmm I notice the backlight stays off even when I turn the display off. Could this be the ROM or just some general issue w/ my settings? Thanks.

You mean the backlight stays on even when you lock the screen? Anyone else experiencing this too?

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Hmm I notice the backlight stays off even when I turn the display off. Could this be the ROM or just some general issue w/ my settings? Thanks.

You mean the backlight stays on even when you lock the screen? Anyone else experiencing this too?

Yeah the backlight stays on eventhough I lock the phone and the screen is blank.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Ok, I'm uploading a new build I made using you guys' 2.3.20 as a base. Hopefully this fixes most of the issues.

I'm almost certain it'll fix the contact shortcut error (with the wrong picture). Hopefully it'll fix the autorotation and brightness issues too.

I'll post the link up as soon as it's done uploading. I'll need a brave tester who isn't afraid of using a SBF (though I seriously doubt that'll be required).

Also, please wipe your data and cache prior to installing this version. Thanks!

Ok, here's the link:

http://fabdroid.com/downloads/Fabolous_ApeX_V1_0_2_3-D2.zip

Last edited:

idropkickbirds

Reaction score
keyboard light

im having the same rotation issue and also my keyboard light isnt coming on, other than that focks with it. but im going back to fission till the issues are resolved, great work BTW much appreciated