[ROM Port] ApeX 1.0.2.2 for Droid 2

wmnomore

Reaction score
Great job and thanks. Real nice so far.
Only bug i see is if i add a contact to homescreen, the pic is not correct.

Revolution theme is plain awesome.

adamladd

Reaction score
@rob0rz went from squidly to this rom swype is broken. on one of squidlys themes that he ported from the droid x this happened as well.

T

treym

NVM... misread above post

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited by a moderator:

adamladd

Reaction score
woah i love the rom. great port but from dx to d2 seems to break swype. i was giving him a heads up that squidly knows a fix.

J

jimmypopulous

I know we don't have an SBF for the D2Global yet, but if one were throwing caution to the wind, would it be possible to try an install on a D2G?

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Great job and thanks. Real nice so far.
Only bug i see is if i add a contact to homescreen, the pic is not correct.

Revolution theme is plain awesome.

Unfortunately, that's a big bug with the 2.3.15 base for the Droid X. It was fixed in 2.3.320, but the Dialer and Contacts are not backwards compatible.

If the D2's 2.3.20 does not have this issue, it might possibly be fixed by substituting in that BlurContacts.apk.

woah i love the rom. great port but from dx to d2 seems to break swype. i was giving him a heads up that squidly knows a fix.

Yeah, from what I made of what he told me, all you need is a copy of the D2 version. Then, you can install it using ApeX's built in install script. Just place Swype.apk on sdcard, in terminal:

su
install Swype.apk

I know we don't have an SBF for the D2Global yet, but if one were throwing caution to the wind, would it be possible to try an install on a D2G?

I'm curious as to what the result was :D

J

jimmypopulous

I'm curious as to what the result was :D

I did leave everyone in the dark there. I'm leaning toward "No," since the additional radios and apparent hardware changes are enough to constitute a new device.

rob0rz

Reaction score

I've figured out one way to fix it, I'm seeing if theres a better way. But either way it will be taken care of shortly.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
I did leave everyone in the dark there. I'm leaning toward "No," since the additional radios and apparent hardware changes are enough to constitute a new device.

Ah, makes sense. Oh well :(

Also, rob0rz is working on the Swype fix. It should be ready pretty soon!

EDIT: lol, jinx.

trook

Reaction score
Thank You, thank you, thank you. Thank you for giving us D2 users another very needed rom choice, I can't wait to get home and use it. Thanks for all the time you put in to this.

J

jimmypopulous

Ah, makes sense. Oh well :(

Also, rob0rz is working on the Swype fix. It should be ready pretty soon!

EDIT: lol, jinx.

Note that I haven't verified my statement, but what I've read indicates that this device is essentially a new device in terms of ROM development.

Also, I'll be waiting for that SBF for the D2G. :)