[ROM Port] ApeX 1.0.2.2 for Droid 2

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Get the fm radio libraries from the custom app on xda and floating around here as well if it isn't loaded with the rom. Should work. The hardware remained intact.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Azurikai

Reaction score
Just an FYI heres what I've run into bug wise;
1. when i type in a phone number in Dialer & then hit send, it goes to the home screen & doesn't dial the number. so technically a force close, minus the force close window.
2. extreme battery drain for the first few hours then it calmed down, but still left me at 40% by noon. (moderate use)
3. Screen fully doesn't turn off, it apparently keeps the back light on.

if there are fixes for this, i apologize I just was reporting since its kind of in an beta testing phase I guess? since it is a port.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Just an FYI heres what I've run into bug wise;
1. when i type in a phone number in Dialer & then hit send, it goes to the home screen & doesn't dial the number. so technically a force close, minus the force close window.
2. extreme battery drain for the first few hours then it calmed down, but still left me at 40% by noon. (moderate use)
3. Screen fully doesn't turn off, it apparently keeps the back light on.

if there are fixes for this, i apologize I just was reporting since its kind of in an beta testing phase I guess? since it is a port.

Thanks. You were running v1.0.2.2 from the first post though, right?

Can you try flashing the newer file I posted at the top of the last page and seeing if those issues still exist? I believe that the update fixes the backlight and since I used the D2 dialer app, it should not FC.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Get the fm radio libraries from the custom app on xda and floating around here as well if it isn't loaded with the rom. Should work. The hardware remained intact.

Can you link me this? And I can include this in the ROM and swap out the DX FM app with the XDA one :)

Azurikai

Reaction score
No i was on 1_0_2_2 with those bugs. I DID use the REVOlution theme though, which might have produced errors. I'll try wipe/install without the theme.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Is there any way to get the old transition and windows animations back? I'm aware that they can be completely turned off via spare parts but am curious if there is a way to get the normal animations back.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Yes replace the anim folder in framework-res with the one from stock framework.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Azurikai

Reaction score
I tried a clean install again, lag went away, battery was fine, but the dialer problem still existed.

Might just be my phone.

Droid does Tapatalk

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
I tried a clean install again, lag went away, battery was fine, but the dialer problem still existed.

Might just be my phone.

Droid does Tapatalk

So which version did you install? 1.0.2.2 from the first post or my updated 1.0.2.3 version?

Any 1.0.2.3 users getting the dialer FC?

crome1115

Reaction score
First.thank you for porting this to the d2..loving it..i am actually experiencing 2 issues tho..1) and this is a weird one..my physical keyboard doesn't work properly after installing this rom..i was using fissiin 2.2.2 and everything was perect..now I've had to reinstall the apex rom twice and both times my physical keyboard will not input the letters or symbals I input..and 2) my videos won't play..If anyone has any info on this..i would greatly appreciate the help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
First.thank you for porting this to the d2..loving it..i am actually experiencing 2 issues tho..1) and this is a weird one..my physical keyboard doesn't work properly after installing this rom..i was using fissiin 2.2.2 and everything was perect..now I've had to reinstall the apex rom twice and both times my physical keyboard will not input the letters or symbals I input..and 2) my videos won't play..If anyone has any info on this..i would greatly appreciate the help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Did you install from the first post or try my updated file? Here's the updated build I made from the D2 system, instead of the DX system:

http://fabdroid.com/downloads/Fabolous_ApeX_V1_0_2_3-D2.zip

See if that fixes those issues.

Azurikai

Reaction score
My bad didn't see the update file, I'll flash that ASAP

Droid does Tapatalk

gunz.jones

Reaction score
http://android.antbox.org/slayher/FMRadio_droid2.zip for the libraries. This zip also has the programs included that work with the d2. Not compatible with all roms by my reads, but that could be user error. Haven't tried it in fission and haven't gotten to a point of trying this rom out yet. Good luck. I'm keeping track of how this turns out.