[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

timp

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to remove the google voice app that's preinstalled on the ROM? I need to install an older version (0.3.4) and I simply can't figure out how to remove the existing version. The 'uninstall' option is grayed out in settings/applications, and there's no GV entry in the Liberty Toolbox. Is there some way to uninstall using the terminal?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
sysrw
rm -r system/app/GoogleVoice.apk

or something to that effect. Or use Root Explorer to delete it, then reboot, install new version. Or use Titanium Backup to Chuck Norris that thing.

timp

Reaction score
stetsonaw, thank you so much...I did exactly what you said and it worked like a charm. you're a lifesaver.

timp

Reaction score
Never used titanium backup or root explorer, so I just typed that command into the shell, rebooted, and was all set. Lost the inverse colors of the pre-installed GV, but oh well, no big deal.
Thanks again.

timp

Reaction score
I need a version of GV that doesn't use direct access numbers; I believe the last version that doesn't is 0.3.4. The reason being that I have Verizon Friends and Family, and by using a single GV access number, I don't use minutes for any of my outgoing calls when dialing through GV. As far as I know, all of the newer versions of the app use different access numbers for each frequently-called contact. I don't see an older version in the Inverted Apps thread, but I appreciate the tip...I'm new to Liberty and still learning about all these fancy features.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure if anybody is going to see this or not, but, I always back up my data and apps before installing a ROM. Everything was successful except 1 thing. I noticed a couple apps missing. Every other apps were restored, even the paid ones.

But I noticed Clockwork Mod Bootstrap app from Jrummy16 was missing. Went to the market and didn't have the Uninstall or Open button when you already have an app. Just the $2.00 button meaning I don't have the app now. Just bought it again but really not too happy with having to pay for same app again.

First, that app was made by koush, not me. And are you sure you didn't get the droid2 or droidx version. He has a couple different ones. Out of the 100+ times I have wiped google has never messed up what apps I have purchased and even though that isn't my app I'm positive koush couldn't take away your purchase.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure if anybody is going to see this or not, but, I always back up my data and apps before installing a ROM. Everything was successful except 1 thing. I noticed a couple apps missing. Every other apps were restored, even the paid ones.

But I noticed Clockwork Mod Bootstrap app from Jrummy16 was missing. Went to the market and didn't have the Uninstall or Open button when you already have an app. Just the $2.00 button meaning I don't have the app now. Just bought it again but really not too happy with having to pay for same app again.

First, that app was made by koush, not me. And are you sure you didn't get the droid2 or droidx version. He has a couple different ones. Out of the 100+ times I have wiped google has never messed up what apps I have purchased and even though that isn't my app I'm positive koush couldn't take away your purchase.

Oh, my bad. Thought it was one of your apps. Yeah this is the first time I've seen an app go missing like that. Only 2 apps didn't show up after flashing the new Liberty 1.5 ROM. Don't know why. I did check to make sure all my apps were backed up and the ClockworkMod Bootstrapper was definitely among them. I don't know what went wrong there.

jschoef

Reaction score
I cant seem to mount the system for r/w with root explorer. I tried fixing permissions and "Mount System read/write" in Liberty toolbox. Any suggestions?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
go into Terminal and try using the command sysrw. What are you trying to move? I may be able to give you a full command to try in there to see if it works.

jschoef

Reaction score
That worked...thanks. I was moving quickoffice.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.