[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnyor93

Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure if anybody is going to see this or not, but, I always back up my data and apps before installing a ROM. Everything was successful except 1 thing. I noticed a couple apps missing. Every other apps were restored, even the paid ones.

But I noticed Clockwork Mod Bootstrap app from Jrummy16 was missing. Went to the market and didn't have the Uninstall or Open button when you already have an app. Just the $2.00 button meaning I don't have the app now. Just bought it again but really not too happy with having to pay for same app again.

First, that app was made by koush, not me. And are you sure you didn't get the droid2 or droidx version. He has a couple different ones. Out of the 100+ times I have wiped google has never messed up what apps I have purchased and even though that isn't my app I'm positive koush couldn't take away your purchase.

Oh, my bad. Thought it was one of your apps. Yeah this is the first time I've seen an app go missing like that. Only 2 apps didn't show up after flashing the new Liberty 1.5 ROM. Don't know why. I did check to make sure all my apps were backed up and the ClockworkMod Bootstrapper was definitely among them. I don't know what went wrong there.

Reflash teh rom sometimes for some weird reason not all apps restore has happened to me before

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Arsonman

Reaction score
I will start off that this is the first ROM that I am attempting to use after rooting. I tried to find the answer and I did not want to start a new thread. I downloaded the liberty rom from page one of this thread. I downloaded the liberty toolbox from the market. When I open the tool box I get a message that I am running an old or unknown version of Liberty ROM. How do I check what version I have. I thought the versions from page one were 1.5. I have tried to load some themes but the only thing that seems to work is the boot animation. Sorry for the long post and thank you for your answers and help.

Arsonman

Reaction score
Not stupid if you knew me. :) I was on my D2 and used the link on page one. I tried the first one under torrants and that would not load so I went to the second link under the D2.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your best bet is to download it on your computer, then put it on your sdcard via usb. Something may have happened during the download and corrupted it. Then follow the below directions to a T.

make sure you have root and clockworks recovery installed
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyX/2-X.X.zip
-reboot

Arsonman

Reaction score
Ok, I loaded in onto my PC and then put it on the SD card. How do I boot into recovery. Every time I reboot it restarts my phone and never asks to wipe data/factory reset or any of the other things. Again I am sorry for the trouble.

Pellegrini406

Reaction score
You boot into recovery using the droid 2 bootstrap app you get from the market. before you just hit reboot recovery. you have to first hit bootstrap recovery after it says success then you can push reboot recovery and it will reboot into recovery mode from there you can install.

Arsonman

Reaction score
dancedroidThanks alot guys, I think you can figure out if it worked.dancedroid

Pellegrini406

Reaction score
Sooooo anyone know anything about a liberty update??? 2.0?? :)

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Follow JRummy on Twitter for the latest, @JRummy16.

That said, I have read in his tweets that he has a lot of Android projects going on right now.

plutoknight

Reaction score
Any reason why I should be scared to do this? XD

I've downloaded Liberty for Droid 2 1.5 on my computer. copied it to the SD card. Used MyBackupRoot to backup Apps/Data and the other phone data (SMS, contacts, etc.). I've used ClockwordMod to create 2 nandroid backups -- all of this is doubly backed up on my computer. I also have the .sbf in case of emergency on my computer.

phoenixus

Reaction score
I've installed the gingerbread keyboard through the toolbox and at random the letters get really small. Then the next time I open the keyboard, they are big again. There a fix for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.