[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

Tdnelso

Reaction score
I purchased it secondhand. I don't know much about it. It was working great til I reset to factory settings. I only did this trying to delete the previous owners gmail account.

My Droid is force closing everything. I can't get past the screen where I sync with my gmail. Does anyone know how to help me?

Did you just install Liberty 1.5? Or has it been running and just started? Little more info :)

Edit: You are talking about when you touch the droid and start programming right? Try a battery

pull and boot it up again.

Edit#2: I just noticed your device. You didn't install on the original Droid did you? This is for Droid X and Droid 2.

detox

Reaction score
I purchased it secondhand. I don't know much about it. It was working great til I reset to factory settings. I only did this trying to delete the previous owners gmail account.

My Droid is force closing everything. I can't get past the screen where I sync with my gmail. Does anyone know how to help me?

Did you just install Liberty 1.5? Or has it been running and just started? Little more info :)

Edit: You are talking about when you touch the droid and start programming right? Try a battery

Edit#2: I just noticed your device. You didn't install on the original Droid did you? This is for Droid X and Droid 2.

Are you running this on a d1? Only compatable with a dx or d2

sent from my X

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ok...so it is an Original Droid 1 device though right? Or is it a DX and you haven't changed your device

under your avatar? Cause you shouldn't be posting it here unless it is a Liberty ROM issue is all.

Tdnelso

Reaction score
I think it's a D1. How can I tell?

Are you running this on a d1? Only compatable with a dx or d2

sent from my X

skkennedy08

Reaction score
i'm getting consistant phone stalling like twice a day. not that great of battery life and my signal went fully away twice and people can text and call me but i can't text or call them, i love this rom but is there anyway i can fix these things.

Reaction score
Sooooo, I totally backed my original android system up. I went into my file manager and there is a file called clockworkmod. I open it up and there is a folder inside called backup. I open it up and that folder name is 2011-02-10.07.11.11. In there is the files android_secure, cache.img, data.img, nandroid.md5, and system.img!! Is this it?

If so, do I hit backup are how do I restore back to those settings?

I'm not going to do it yet, I am going to give Liberty a chance. I have been playing with it all day. Starting to dig it.

hdokes

Reaction score
At some point AandSDaddy when you make the decision to revert back you will want to reboot into clockworkmod recovery and perform a restore to the file you mentioned above. That is indeed the backup of your system provided you did it prior to upgrading to Liberty. You should have an icon in the apps directory for "Droid X Bootstrap". You will want to run it then press the first selection... after which it will tell you it loaded ok and then you press the second selection which forces a reboot into the recovery menu which is actually pretty self explanatory. This all assumes that clockworkmod recovery is loaded on your system with Liberty and that you currently have root access.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Sooooo, I totally backed my original android system up. I went into my file manager and there is a file called clockworkmod. I open it up and there is a folder inside called backup. I open it up and that folder name is 2011-02-10.07.11.11. In there is the files android_secure, cache.img, data.img, nandroid.md5, and system.img!! Is this it?

If so, do I hit backup are how do I restore back to those settings?

I'm not going to do it yet, I am going to give Liberty a chance. I have been playing with it all day. Starting to dig it.

It is indeed an *outstanding* rom on a really great phone. What's not to like? :)

-Mike

Brion1

Reaction score
My battery life has been terrible with liberty 1.5. Any suggestions guys?

If you DON'T have data roaming enabled (I don't think it is by default) - this will suck your battery life.
Go to settings/Wireless & networks/Mobile networks
under there is a setting (or two) for data roaming. From what I have read, Verizon will not charge you for data roaming on your unlimited plan as long as you are in the US. If you enable data roaming, you will get much better battery performance.

When I go into wireless and network settings and click on mobile networks to try this, it just puts my phone into airplane mode ane then back out but it never takes me to my mobile networks settings. Does anyone know why this is doing this or what I can do to fix it? My battery is decent but I'd love to improve it if possible. Thanks