[ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

draexo

Reaction score
MMS messages

Biggest problem for me is the lack of the ability to receive MMS messages. No video or picture messages come through. I looked at my logcat and the message is received, but no matter which program I use (stock, GO SMS), I never actually see the message.

FasterX

Reaction score
Biggest problem for me is the lack of the ability to receive MMS messages. No video or picture messages come through. I looked at my logcat and the message is received, but no matter which program I use (stock, GO SMS), I never actually see the message.

hmmmm....freeze/hide them and install Verizons messaging app from the market....I had to do that back on 1.5 for the same reason.

bmorebest55

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea of when the next release will be? I feel like we have been waiting for quite some time now.

draexo

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea of when the next release will be? I feel like we have been waiting for quite some time now.

He said he was on vacation til the first of august....then he was at some surf event on the 6th. I hope soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bmorebest55

Reaction score

He said he was on vacation til the first of august....then he was at some surf event on the 6th. I hope soon.

Okay I saw his twitter account a while ago i didnt know if anything else was going on. love the gb liberty rom. hope to get out of testing rom and into a good solid rom finally... :)

draexo

Reaction score

hmmmm....freeze/hide them and install Verizons messaging app from the market....I had to do that back on 1.5 for the same reason.

Yeah its been gone. No luck. Can you receive mms messages ? I've yet to meet anyone on Liberty GB who can.

FasterX

Reaction score
Yeah its been gone. No luck. Can you receive mms messages ? I've yet to meet anyone on Liberty GB who can.

My wife texts me pics she takes with her phone all the time. Does that count?

I never have any problem getting your wife's pics either...

sorry man

I get MMS with no problems through Handcent

My problem on 1.5 came from deleting the stock messaging app...VZ Messenger fixed it. Otherwise, I'm all out of ideas.

On a side note...has anyone gotten the ad blocking to work...that annoys the hell out of me.

PS - I reduced the pointer in Ninjamorph and it works like a charm.

draexo

Reaction score
Wow. This is first I have heard of someone confirming receipt of pics with Liberty. My phone receives the messages but does not know what to do with them. I have sent the devs a logcat. It seems to be a very common issue. Maybe I will try just the blur app.

draexo

Reaction score
Ad blocking on any of Jrummy's apps has not worked for me in months. I have resorted to using ad block free.

draexo

Reaction score
Just tweeted by Jrummy

jrummy16 Jared Rummler

Sorry for lack of rom stuff. Got side tracked w/ other android projects last couple weeks. Been coding non-stop. Back to ROM stuff soon

tweeted 3 hours ago as of my post time.

MendedLogic

Reaction score
A few including myself have been asking that same question for a very long time now without response from the development team.. Some have even jumped ship. I see now there was a recent comment by a dev stating he was side tracked.. Heh

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
With 2nd init out for our phones now, who cares? Nothing can come close to cm7 based roms at the moment so you're better off there imo. At least give it a try. I was always a die hard liberty fan (its a great rom) until I got on cm7.
No contest!

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

Status
Not open for further replies.