[ROM]FRF91 AOSP Fission - Beta Preview

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by AngDroid, Oct 13, 2010.

1. TWong1200

TWong1200 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd rather live with this stock camera with no zoom than have that crappy blur version back.

2. msburr87

msburr87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is zoom, just not on the volume buttons it's under settings. Otherwise the only big diff is being able to go above 5mp and take panoramic. Both of which I could give to sh!ts about

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. TWong1200

TWong1200 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yah...sorry, that's what I mean. No hardware zoom but like you, I could care less about the other crap. This stock camera's shutter lag is so much easier to deal with!

4. jm77

jm77 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn. Looks like I'm the second person on earth that cares about this.

I'll live - the call log issue is the only thing that bothers me, but it's not a huge deal.

5. msburr87

msburr87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How about a cool boot animation

6. DJeneral

DJeneral New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a total and completely unrelated sidenote it amazes me that Motorola, nor anyone else, hasn't pulled the CDMA out of this thing, thrown in a 32GB microSD card, dropped price and competed with the iPod Touch. This thing is so much more flexible it's unreal.

7. anrichardson

anrichardson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree as well, it's so much nicer to touch the screen for snooze when your asleep instead of waking up to find the snooze button. youknowwhatimeanvern?

8. CosmoX

CosmoX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks angdroid, drod, and matt! Amazing work, unbelievable free memory, especially after reboot. Experienced a FC on first boot but since then has been great. If any apps had issues immediately after install, a reboot cleared it up. Am a huge fan of rubiX 0.3 and 0.5 and was glad to find this test (thanks Gimpeh for the heads-up). Looking forward to the final release! I know there are warnings about installing themes on the beta, but does that include Blackmodz Returns? Missing my black status bar something fierce. ;) Thanks again guys!

Edit: Couldn't stand it and installed the black status bar from ROM Manager. Working great!

#92 CosmoX, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  9. humungus

humungus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    About 1 in every 4 or 5 times that I wake my phone (by pressing either the power or home button), the screen stays dim and then flickers for a few seconds. I'm not sure what that's about.

10. msburr87

msburr87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the auto bightness being finicky, if you adjust your brightness manually that wont happen. I can imagine they are fixing the autobrightness which should addresss that issue.

11. cky2k

cky2k New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW!!! AngDroid, Drod2169 and Matt4542 just wanted to to say thank you. IMO This is very nice, fast and the best out right now. You really notice the speed in this one. I can't believe from a reboot there 276M of available memory (after a task kill I get 310M available mem :biggrin:).

2 more things I did notice, one was mentioned. Can not install Street View for Google maps. There other was weird. It was with the Market Place. My first couple times trying to start the Market, it would start, but it would Dim right away. The Notification Bar would not dim, but everything else below it would dim (weird) and I couldn't go anywhere in the Market. I rebooted 2 times and it worked. So I guess it's not really a problem ( I'm on the leaked 2.3.15)

CosmoX, (I'm no android guru, pc oc'er yes :)) I'm not sure if it's alright to install Blackmodz Returns, but I did and installed WJD's Blacked Out Keyboard and it seems like everything is OK. I've been running that setup for about 4 hours now.

EDIT: I forgot this and maybe I missing something. I don't see any speed dial. Voice Mail works with 1, but I don't see any speed dial settings.

#95 cky2k, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  12. loggainsd

loggainsd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to let you all know that I tried without formatting data and cache and i had to sbf to fix it. However, after following directions to a T it is working good now, except for being able to change res on camera.