[ROM]FRF91 AOSP Fission - Beta Preview

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great comments guys. Drod was working a new build earlier tonight so we should expect tomorrow.

The dialer is AOSP so it has a no call log bug.

Most of the other bugs are fixed.

The browser is fast as hell on the D2 too.

We are working on the dialer. The D2 has the same issue. THere is a different dialer for the D2 vanilla build which works but is butt ugly :) It may work on the DX.

Thanks for suggesting donations. I was having some USB issues on my D2 build and was playing with the plug when I accidently must have moved it to hard. The male adapater is now all loose on my phone and can not establish any sort of connection to PC or charger. So my fun is busted now :( stupid me went to the verizon store to try to get it replaced hoping they would not notice it was rooted but I had to get a tech who knew his crap. Figures it is my luck. So any help would be great.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Last edited:

humungus

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great comments guys. Drod was working a new build earlier tonight so we should expect tomorrow.

The dialer is AOSP so it has a no call log bug.

Most of the other bugs are fixed.

The browser is fast as hell on the D2 too.

We are working on the dialer. The D2 has the same issue. THere is a different dialer for the D2 vanilla build which works but is butt ugly :) It may work on the DX.

Thanks for suggesting donations. I was having some USB issues on my D2 build and was playing with the plug when I accidently must have moved it to hard. The male adapater is now all loose on my phone and can not establish any sort of connection to PC or charger. So my fun is busted now :( stupid me went to the verizon store to try to get it replaced hoping they would not notice it was rooted but I had to get a tech who knew his crap. Figures it is my luck. So any help would be great.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Donated again.

humungus

Reaction score
I told this to AngDroid after the fact, but not sure if he saw it or not.

There is no need to mount or format system, the rom will do that for you on install now.

It is still VERY highly recommended you wipe Data/Cache

Known bugs so far:
Dialer looks weird with incoming calls
Facebook contact package not installed
Calendar (fixed, update tonight)
Lock screen tabs off center
Camera res
3D Gallery no hdmi out
Stock lockscreen tabs (fixed, update tonight)

Also donated to Drod again. You guys kick some serious ass.

EDIT: I just noticed the reference to the 3D gallery, but the gallery isn't the 3D, right? At least, the .zips I downloaded don't have the 3D gallery. It's another, less visually impressive one (though I like it more because it's snappy as hell).

Last edited:
OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Donated again.

Wow thanks so much guys!

Also donated to Drod again. You guys kick some serious ass.

EDIT: I just noticed the reference to the 3D gallery, but the gallery isn't the 3D, right? At least, the .zips I downloaded don't have the 3D gallery. It's another, less visually impressive one (though I like it more because it's snappy as hell).

I am not sure what Droid put in for gallery. I believe it is the 3d gallery. The albums like tilt sideways...nothing really 3d about it.

Drod has lots of fixes coming. He was working hard on the DX build while I was working on the D2 build tonight and then he had to run out. I think he will have a big update tomorrow.

We are trying to figure out the dialer situation together since it seems both phones can use the same dialer.

Last edited:

anrichardson

Reaction score
so how does speed dial work in this? please tell me there's speed dial?

I have a great speed dial app 0-99. I'll give you a copy. Its called 'old school speed dial'

I'm on my phone right now so you may need to remind me by PMing me.

acidbath5546

Reaction score
so dark vanilla lock screen is a no-go. had all kinds of errors pop up after reboot. good thing i nandroided!!

great rom though. looking forward to the updates!!!

EDIT: okay... nandroid didn't fix it. lol. had to reinstall the rom. oops! knew it was a risk... just had to try. no biggie. just an fyi to anyone else who thought they might try.

Yeah they don't work on the public alpha release...
I am testing newer beta with drod2169, and I have gotten my dark vanilla lockscreen working ...and he is really kicking a$$ on bug fixes...
So don't worry they will work soon :)
Cheers to angdroid and matt btw...never met ya guys before...great work...

humungus

Reaction score
I am not sure what Droid put in for gallery. I believe it is the 3d gallery. The albums like tilt sideways...nothing really 3d about it.

Yeah, it's not the 3D gallery. It's another.

Here's the one on this rom:
J5DfSKsO.jpeg

and here's the 3D:
6a00d83451c9ec69e20134860fde9b970c-800wi

mfinlay04

Reaction score
Figured out a fix for the calendar issue... get your hands on a aosp rom and unzip the .zip file. Explore to the system/app folder and copy calendargoogle.apk, calendarprovider.apk and googlecalendarsyncadapter.apk

Using adb push these files to your sdcard (you could mount ur sdcard and just copy also)
Usinthe follow codes u should mount your system
Adb shell
Should have a # now
# mount- o rw,remount -o ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
# cp /sdcard/calendargoogle.apk /system/app/calendargoogle.apk
Now follow these steps for the other two files
Unmount ur system
#mount -o ro, remount -o ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

Reboot using bootstrap and clear cache (maybe unnecessary )
enjoy a working calendar now

As for the files any droid 1 rom will do. I ripped them from bb 0.5
Also I swapped Mms.apk from tranq for the black background.

*****USE AT YOUR OWN RISK******* Worked great for me. Please do not ask for adb help lots of other threads for that...

Last edited:

acidbath5546

Reaction score
Wow...not sure what gallery that is? Lol
Well I can tell ya that 3d gallery is what he is using now...

And he did fix the calendar issue :)

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I planned to have an update out tonight.. but why hit one target when I can crunch out 3 or 4 as well?

Spent some time with the lady tonight, she gets jealous of the X, I swear.

So far whats fixed and changed:
Calendar (stupid me)
White text on buttons is now black
Lock screen correctly placed
Vanilla lock screen
Auto brightness drops to 16 from the stock ~46, BIG battery saver, but NOT as dim as the current. Current has a value minimum of 2. Big difference :)
Services.Jar patched for transparency, I hope to have a transparent pulldown for you guys on release
Black text MMS app
All apps zipaligned and lightly optimized

I'll have this packaged together some time tomorrow.

humungus

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I planned to have an update out tonight.. but why hit one target when I can crunch out 3 or 4 as well?

Calendar (stupid me)
Vanilla lock screen
Auto brightness drops to 16 from the stock ~46, BIG battery saver, but NOT as dim as the current. Current has a value minimum of 2. Big difference :)
Services.Jar patched for transparency, I hope to have a transparent pulldown for you guys on release
Black text MMS app

Will this be a rubiX release, or Fission?

EvilGHost

Reaction score

Calendar (stupid me)
Vanilla lock screen
Black text MMS app

I really appreciate the work you have put in to this rom and i am looking forward to a possible release tomorrow :) i had one request that im hoping you can do, Can you add the 3g mobile hot spot back in? It is the only tether app that works with psp and other gan consels
dancedroid:yr1:

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This will be a fission release. I've kept fission tweakless. Rubix will have more features. Im building this for a very stable Rubix base. Or maybe ill make it all one.. we will see what angdroid and I decide :)

Calendar (stupid me)
Vanilla lock screen
Black text MMS app

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

EvilGHost

Reaction score
This will be a fission release. I've kept fission tweakless. Rubix will have more features. Im building this for a very stable Rubix base. Or maybe ill make it all one.. we will see what angdroid and I decide :)

Calendar (stupid me)
Vanilla lock screen
Black text MMS app

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tweakless is great but can u please add the 3g mobile hotspot in :)
thanks
:)