[ROM]FRF91 AOSP Fission - Beta Preview

msburr87

Reaction score
Yeah everyone even though this rom is still beta, if you like it, donate!

DX users are just really getting into the good stuff, and donations help that progression! Consider what some people will pay for an app, and then think about what your getting with these roms!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jm77

Reaction score
I tried replacing Phone.apk with BlurPhone.apk (renamed to Phone.apk), but this didn't accomplish much.

Any quick workarounds for the empty call log problem are appreciated.

Thank you again for this AWESOME rom.

camarriott

Reaction score
I tried replacing Phone.apk with BlurPhone.apk (renamed to Phone.apk), but this didn't accomplish much.

Any quick workarounds for the empty call log problem are appreciated.

Thank you again for this AWESOME rom.

I can handle the call log for a while, the BlurPhone.apk sucked... I have quite a few contacts and when I would go to scroll through them in Blur, it would always freeze up. Not anymore with the stock Phone APK! :blackdroid:

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Alright, I've done some playing around and here's what I've found.

1. The native 3G hotspot app does not work with this build. So long access point.

2. The Blur cardock app has issues with the google music app. I like the blur cardock better, so I've been installing it on blurless roms. I didn't install the blur music player, so installing both may fix this issue. Also, the new vanilla theme gives the cardock app a grey background, which reduces visibility.

3. The Blur media gallery does not work with this build either. So long HDMI output. The google one is much more responsive though.

4. The Blur alarm clock doesn't work with this build. I'm probably the only one who cares, but it was a good app. It allowed for gentle volume increase as alarm played and mp3 selection as alarm; things the vanilla app doesn't. I'll just have to hunt down a third party app to do with.

5. The Blur camera app _does_ work with this build. It's a good thing, because the vanilla camera app, as people have noticed, is a bit meager.

Anyway, this rom is causing me to break my blur addiction, which is probably a good thing.

EDIT: Also, for an alpha, this thing is ridiculously stable.

I'm working on porting aspects of the blur camera app, to the vanilla one.
For hdmi out... real hdmi still works :D i'll see if there isn't something I can do for that as well

Drod dont stress over the stock cam. Me and Ang have tried, we cant get it to work right.

jm77

Reaction score
@AngDroid - I like this ROM so much I went ahead and donated. Hopefully the call log thing will work out.

humungus

Reaction score
Alright, I've done some playing around and here's what I've found.

1. The native 3G hotspot app does not work with this build. So long access point.

2. The Blur cardock app has issues with the google music app. I like the blur cardock better, so I've been installing it on blurless roms. I didn't install the blur music player, so installing both may fix this issue. Also, the new vanilla theme gives the cardock app a grey background, which reduces visibility.

3. The Blur media gallery does not work with this build either. So long HDMI output. The google one is much more responsive though.

4. The Blur alarm clock doesn't work with this build. I'm probably the only one who cares, but it was a good app. It allowed for gentle volume increase as alarm played and mp3 selection as alarm; things the vanilla app doesn't. I'll just have to hunt down a third party app to do with.

5. The Blur camera app _does_ work with this build. It's a good thing, because the vanilla camera app, as people have noticed, is a bit meager.

Anyway, this rom is causing me to break my blur addiction, which is probably a good thing.

EDIT: Also, for an alpha, this thing is ridiculously stable.

I'm working on porting aspects of the blur camera app, to the vanilla one.
For hdmi out... real hdmi still works :D i'll see if there isn't something I can do for that as well

Drod dont stress over the stock cam. Me and Ang have tried, we cant get it to work right.

I agree, man. I'm perfectly content to either use the vanilla camera or just replace it with the blur version. It in no way is a blemish on this awesome rom.

TWong1200

Reaction score
I'd rather live with this stock camera with no zoom than have that crappy blur version back.

msburr87

Reaction score
I'd rather live with this stock camera with no zoom than have that crappy blur version back.

There is zoom, just not on the volume buttons it's under settings. Otherwise the only big diff is being able to go above 5mp and take panoramic. Both of which I could give to sh!ts about

TWong1200

Reaction score

There is zoom, just not on the volume buttons it's under settings. Otherwise the only big diff is being able to go above 5mp and take panoramic. Both of which I could give to sh!ts about

Yah...sorry, that's what I mean. No hardware zoom but like you, I could care less about the other crap. This stock camera's shutter lag is so much easier to deal with!

jm77

Reaction score
4. The Blur alarm clock doesn't work with this build. I'm probably the only one who cares, but it was a good app. It allowed for gentle volume increase as alarm played and mp3 selection as alarm; things the vanilla app doesn't.

Damn. Looks like I'm the second person on earth that cares about this.

I'll live - the call log issue is the only thing that bothers me, but it's not a huge deal.

msburr87

Reaction score
How about a cool boot animation

DJeneral

Reaction score
As a total and completely unrelated sidenote it amazes me that Motorola, nor anyone else, hasn't pulled the CDMA out of this thing, thrown in a 32GB microSD card, dropped price and competed with the iPod Touch. This thing is so much more flexible it's unreal.