[ROM]Fission Vanilla 2.2.1 + Fission ROM Manager - Generic Android - Happy Turkey Day

Tesler32

Reaction score
I donated 5 bucks on Thanksgiving on the TeamDefuse website and have not yet got a dl link for the rom manager. Also sent a tweet to angdroid no response either. I'm hoping they are just busy and I will get it today. I really want to try out 2.2.2 on 2.2.1 now

hermy65

Reaction score
Im fairly new to the whole ROM scene so im sorry if i have missed this in other threads about Fission but with this ROM can i sync my facebook contacts and whatnot?

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
I donated 5 bucks on Thanksgiving on the TeamDefuse website and have not yet got a dl link for the rom manager. Also sent a tweet to angdroid no response either. I'm hoping they are just busy and I will get it today. I really want to try out 2.2.2 on 2.2.1 now

Try emailing [email protected] I donated saturday and emailed them right after and the sent me the link and password immediately

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Ok so I have tried every rom out there with every different theme for the DX and so far fission 2.2.2 with the blackout theme is by far my favorite, but jrummy dropped his rom today I would like to give it a shot but I know you have to be on the new froyo leak so my questions is if do that and update the bootloader with the new leak I will not be able to come back to this rom right???

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Looking at using this rom. I show its called Fission 2.2.1 does that mean it runs on the current leaked OS 2.2.1 or is that just the version number for the rom? I have 2.2.1 on my phone and want to try this out but cant find anywhere saying if it'll run on that OS. If not i can SBF back to complete stock but would rather not.

Thanks

2.2.1 is just the version of the rom I am running it and I have not installed the new leak yet (I'm actually on 2.2.2 for about 2 days now and not a single random reboot)

Tesler32

Reaction score

Try emailing [email protected] I donated saturday and emailed them right after and the sent me the link and password immediately

Thanks I ripped a email of to them real quick I hope they get back to me I really want to try out 2.2.2

Rhino413

Reaction score
@fission dev team

so you say in one of your post that you opted not to use the new leaked sbf
from verizon and stuck with the known code from google. well that being said what was the reason you guys didn't jump on the leaked band wagon like the other devs. not that I'm complaining as fission so far has the best battery life of any roms I've tried. not counting the new roms for the new leaked base. and lastly will the new transitions animations the new roms have are kinda cool any way we will see those in upcoming fission roms

Raziel36

Reaction score
Ok so I have tried every rom out there with every different theme for the DX and so far fission 2.2.2 with the blackout theme is by far my favorite, but jrummy dropped his rom today I would like to give it a shot but I know you have to be on the new froyo leak so my questions is if do that and update the bootloader with the new leak I will not be able to come back to this rom right???

Incorrect, as I tried JRummy's ROM and am now back to 2.2.1 Fission(about to go back to 2.2.2, just been too busy to redownload it lately). I did end up with that lovely bootloader error message, at first, but I'm sure it was due to me attempting to flash Tranq 3.5 over JRummy's ROM. A quick SBF flash with the newest system only SBF, and I was right back in business. Installed Fission 2.2.1 and the blackout 10% battery theme, rebooted and all was right with the world again ;)

Raziel36

Reaction score

To anyone else with this problem, the link and password would've shown on the receipt page of the donation. Just pay attention, for anyone else that is going to donate. Avoid having to wait for email responses ;)

grassninja

Reaction score
problem with wardrive

Absolutely love this ROM. I'm running 2.2.1 and almost everything has been sweet so far, so "Kudos" for an awesome job, devs.

The only issue I've had so far is with the Wardrive app. At first, I restored the app+data from Titanium. The app would start, but the map and access points would never show up. I uninstalled everything and re-downloaded from the store, but get the same results. Seems strange since Wifi-Analyzer still works perfectly and Wardrive basically integrates that with Google-Maps.

Anyone know if I'm missing something or if this is a known issue?

Raptor007

Reaction score
I updated to 2.2.320 without really thinking about any limitations, like will the Fission ROM run on it. I donated, and would do so again to help the cause.

I think I found the answer at Team DeFuse's site.
Change Log

2.2.2 -> 2.3 DX
Might be best to SBF to new 2.3.320 leak before installing Fission 2.3
updated core to new 2.3.320
video issues resolved from Fission 2.2.2

I checked the link, but I only see 2.2.2 and 2.2.1, but nothing for 2.3.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Reaction score
You are correct, I found it there after I posted. Since I am going from the TBH Blur 2.3.320 zip file do I need to use the 2.3.320 SBF first to restore my DX then run the TBH Blur 2.3.320 .zip then install Fission 2.3?

Or can I simply go from TBH Blur 2.3.320 to Fission 2.3?

Also I noticed in Fission ROM Manager the themes and addons are for 2.2.2 will they work in 2.3?

Raziel36

Reaction score
Okay, I am stuck with the 1.0 ROM Manager, and have emailed the dev's donation email to get the link and password again, but 24 hours with no reply. I will send someone a copy of my donation receipt if I can get the 1.1 manager link or apk. No BS, I donated and just don't know how to get the newest version :(

Edit: make this a bit easier and go ahead and post this...
http://db.tt/IygPRha
Screencap of my donation receipt.