Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
AngDroid
Drod2169 & Matt4542
Present
Vanilla Android For Your Droid X

First Public Preview Beta

I wanted to port the ROM to DX so here it is. Drod2169 and myself ported the ROM and he did the testing since I do not have a DX. I would very much like one so I can continue this project so if you would like to donate to project you may do so by clicking HERE.

I want to thank Drod2169 very much for doing this with me. It was a pleasure working with you and good luck!

All 3 of us created this together and it will turn in to Drod's rubiX ROM and hope he stays with the Fission team :)

This is the first preview build so expect some bugs. Please post all bugs in the thread in a clear manner so we can get them resolved quickly.

Themers, do not create themes for this ROM yet since it will go many changes until final release. 99% of the packages are Vanilla Android builds so most of your themed APK files will work. I suggest to wait until we get to final release before you start. The basic stuff should remain the same and we will update a list of packages that will change so you can get your themes ready.

Users, DO NOT use ANY themes yet.

You MUST follow all install instructions.

BACKUP your phone using Bootstrap before installing any ROMs so you can go back to your current setup if anything fails.​

Install Instructions!

Pre-Installation Tasks:

Before you install this ROM or any ROM you will need to have root and have Bootstrap on your phone. You can find out how to do all that HERE.​

BACKUP your phone using Bootstrap before installing any ROMs so you can go back to your current setup if anything fails. Notice I said that TWICE :)
  1. Download and place ROM on SD Card​
  2. Open Bootstrap and tap Bootstrap Recovery​
  3. Reboot into Recovery​
  4. Create Backup​
  5. Mount System​
  6. Wipe Cache -You may choose not to wipe but MAY have problems​
  7. Wipe Data - You may choose not to wipe but MAY have problems​
  8. Mount System and Data - Yes double check that both are MOUNTED (Reads UNMOUNT when MOUNTED)​
  9. Install Zip From SD Card​
  10. Choose Zip From SD Card​
  11. Select your ROM​
  12. Yes - Install​
  13. Wipe Cache Again - You may choose not to wipe but MAY have problems​
  14. Wipe Data Again - You may choose not to wipe but MAY have problems​
  15. Reboot​
  16. Enjoy!​
If you do not follow all instructions, have some problems then install everything again following the instructions. Do not post about problmes if you have not followed the instructions.​

Enjoy everyone!

Download HERE
Mirror HERE

Last edited:

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I told this to AngDroid after the fact, but not sure if he saw it or not.

There is no need to mount or format system, the rom will do that for you on install now.

It is still VERY highly recommended you wipe Data/Cache

Known bugs so far:
Dialer looks weird with incoming calls
Facebook contact package not installed
Calendar (fixed, update tonight)
Lock screen tabs off center
Camera res
3D Gallery no hdmi out
Stock lockscreen tabs (fixed, update tonight)

Last edited:

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Mirror here!

How to get back to stock if you are having issues:
You will need to flash a sbf, there are guides on the forums.(DO NOT FLASH A 2.1 SBF IF YOU ARE ON 2.2 OTA OR UPDATED TO IT! YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE! ONLY USE MYDROIDWORLD'S 2.2 SBF!)
1. Turn your phone off.
2. Hold down “Home” and press “Power” until the Motorola logo appears.
3. Release ”Power” and continue to hold “Home” until an exclamation appears.
4. Release “Home” and press the “Search” button once.
5. Your phone will now enter recovery
6. Then wipe data
7. Reboot

Only use if you are not able to use the bootstrap application.

The File Manager was included in this rom so you are able to install the Bootstrap application so you can restore a back up or flash a different rom. Wipe your data after this.

Last edited:

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
AngDroid
Drod2169 & Matt4542
Present
Vanilla Android For Your Droid X

First Public Preview Beta

This ROM is very much like the one HERE.

So please stay tuned!!!

Download HERE

Please go HERE for install instructions but post bugs here. I am working in this post and wanted to get link up.

Enjoy everyone!

Note: This download has the rubiX Boot Animation, and rubiX will be listed under the about phone.. I forgot to switch that out before I uploaded, i'll fix it asap

edit: Fixed version is being uploaded, download link will be the same

sjohn902

Reaction score
Anyone care to explain the differences between this and the ApeX ROM? I'm currently running ApeX and loving it, but if there is some advantage that this one has I'll definitely give it a look.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Anyone care to explain the differences between this and the ApeX ROM? I'm currently running ApeX and loving it, but if there is some advantage that this one has I'll definitely give it a look.

There is no blur what so ever in ROM. There never was so it did not need to be removed. It is not themed to make it look like AOSP ROM. It is a true ROM with all Android vanilla apps. It is as close as we can get on the DX or D2 to a ROM that one compiled themselves.

The ROM is based on a very clean build of FRF91 (android 2.2) where blur is not tied into anything. It is what you would get if Verizon made our phones with vanilla android much like how the Droid 1 was.

Last edited:

humungus

Reaction score
The two download links in the first post are for different files.

1. Rubixaosptest 85.5MB
2. Fission_DX_Beta 85.3MB

Any thoughts on what's different?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, great goddamn work!

Last edited:

sjohn902

Reaction score
I guess going one step further, what's the difference between a vanilla Android ROM and an AOSP ROM? I know AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project but not sure how that differs from vanilla. Sorry I'm new to the ROM stuff. Never felt the need to jump into it with my D1 since it didn't have the awful Blur stuff on it.

If the FB app sycs contacts like the D1 did where it only syncs for contacts already in my phone I'll definitely give this ROM a whirl.

msburr87

Reaction score
Giving it a try I'll report back in like an hour, going from rubix .5, was thinking about trying apex, But I'm feeling adventurous.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I guess going one step further, what's the difference between a vanilla Android ROM and an AOSP ROM? I know AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project but not sure how that differs from vanilla. Sorry I'm new to the ROM stuff. Never felt the need to jump into it with my D1 since it didn't have the awful Blur stuff on it.

If the FB app sycs contacts like the D1 did where it only syncs for contacts already in my phone I'll definitely give this ROM a whirl.

There really isn't anything missing from this ROM compared to a true AOSP that one compiled themself. If anything is different it would be the customization that someone may do to the kerenel but if you made your own kernel with nothing being customized this is what you would have. Some would consider this AOSP and some would not either way it is the closest we will get to an official AOSP build.

I am not sure if Drod put in the hacked package so facebook syncs but I can post an update.zip that should get it to work.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The two download links in the first post are for different files.

1. Rubixaosptest 85.5MB
2. Fission_DX_Beta 85.3MB

Any thoughts on what's different?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, great goddamn work!

Everything is the same besides the boot animation.

msburr87

Reaction score
Install went well, very very blank canvas, love it.

So I will get back to ya'll over the next 24 hours on how it works out.

Thanks for the work

wolfedude88

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with auto brightness? It is really dark right now, I know I had a fix for it in a different rom, cant remember which rom but would that work on this or is this a plan for the auto brightness?