[ROM]Fission 2.4 DroidX - Vanilla Generic Android - AOSP Like - Fission ROM Manager

satinsilver

Reaction score
ok so went back to 2.2.2 and running stable. does this rom need the leaked firmware?

Darc

Reaction score
Music won't play for me in 2.4.3. I'm using the stock player immediately after a fresh install with no add ons yet. When selecting an mp3 file in the music player, I get an error that says "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file."

I did wipe data and cache when I installed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

satinsilver

Reaction score
Okay did a fresh flash back to 2.2 .1 and then did the ota to latest firmware and rooted w z4root. Installed and so far so good. Gallery works as well as camera. Fission ftw

Raziel36

Reaction score
Music won't play for me in 2.4.3. I'm using the stock player immediately after a fresh install with no add ons yet. When selecting an mp3 file in the music player, I get an error that says "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file."

Try turning on the stagefreight options(done easily in DX/D2 Overclock app or edit them manually in the build.prop file). This has worked for me, when I had audio/video problems, like you're having, although I've never needed to with Fission.

Raziel36

Reaction score
@ AngDroid

I noticed that you uploaded the stock theme with 10% battery setting
will you be doing the same to the black theme. if not what file inside the framework adds that feature. Also does this version of fission 2.4.3 have the fancy spinning window transitions that other .340 roms have

It's a series of images that you edit for the battery increments.. not sure the file names, but shouldn't be hard to find.
Edit: adding a pic of the files that need to be changed. They are in the FrameworkRes.apk, so you would likely have to edit them and then re-sign the APK.
aefd42ae-118e-a55d.jpg

Fancy transitions are not on, by default, and that is a good thing. They are cool to show off, but get annoying very fast. I hope Fission continues to avoid using them, as this keeps me away from other ROMS.

droid_freak

Reaction score
I just noticed that I have a camera flash timing issue. The flash fires but too late so the picture always comes out dark. Has anyone had this issue, did not notice it before this upgrade to 2.4.3 but not sure I took any pictures requiring the flash with 2.4.2.

Well it must have been something strange, rebooted cleared cache and its back to normal.

Last edited:

jgrizz

Reaction score
Is the FRM the only way to download this ROM? And is it normal to take a long time? Obviously the file size is large but seemed to be moving slower than downloads from Mega Upload does.

joeman7637

Reaction score
Wow! Awesome ROM and sooooo easy to install using the Manager. Good job guys!

DroiX

Reaction score
Hdmi

I'm assuming since this ROM has no blur that it does not have HDMI support either. Is this correct?

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Loving this ROM, everything back up and running with one exception. I cannot add a Facebook account. Google and Yahoo are fine, wondering if its from the lack of Blur. Is there an easy way to add the account?

And what is the add-on "Bash"?

Last edited:

adr83

Reaction score
I dunno if it was just me.. but this rom doesn't have the option to send audio with a text message.. is this right, or was it a wipe issue

Darc

Reaction score

I was able to figure this out, at least after I had the same identical problem in rubiX 1.9.5, I imagine it would be fixed in Fission as well now.

I posted my theory, experiment, and findings in the rubiX 1.9.5 thread here:

Darc's Post about Music Not Working coming from a 2.3.15 Droid X System Version