Need Help

hey12delila

Reaction score
I was looking at the Installing instructions

Install:
Bootstrap recovery
Mount System
Wipe data/factory reset (if all ready on DarkSlide there is not a need to do this step)
Install from zip
choose zip
choose DarkSlide
Install
Reboot
Enjoy

Do I HAVE to buy the Bootstrap?:icon_eek: Because on the Market it costs $3,and I don't know if I want to pay that much for an item I'm not sure I'll like (Or if it will even work). And are there any Bootstrap Apps that are Free? Thanks in Advance

rudydroid

Reaction score
i'm not aware of anything that'll take the place of bootstrap. since i started flashing roms a couple months ago, i've used it every time, including to flash themes, make full backups and perform restores.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was looking at the Installing instructions

Install:
Bootstrap recovery
Mount System
Wipe data/factory reset (if all ready on DarkSlide there is not a need to do this step)
Install from zip
choose zip
choose DarkSlide
Install
Reboot
Enjoy

Do I HAVE to buy the Bootstrap?:icon_eek: Because on the Market it costs $3,and I don't know if I want to pay that much for an item I'm not sure I'll like (Or if it will even work). And are there any Bootstrap Apps that are Free? Thanks in Advance

You may be able to email Koush (Developer) and see if he will send it to you, though I can't say whether he will or not. He does wonders for the community though so, if $3 won't break you, he deserves the donation :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

cubsfan187

Reaction score
There is nothing else that will let you get into recovery to flash custom roms. You need this app to be able to do that. There are two you can use. Look for either droid2 bootstrap or droid x bootstrap. If I remember correctly, 1 of them is free. And either will work on the droid x.

OP
H

hey12delila

Reaction score
Okay thank you guys, and Cubsfan, both Droid 2 and Droid X bootstrappers cost $2. 99,so I guess I'm gonna have to wait to install Darkslide.

OP
H

hey12delila

Reaction score
Okay,I got The Bootstrapper,and now I sound really dumb,but how do I "Mount System"?,and How do I Wipe Data/Factory Reset? :/

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Okay,I got The Bootstrapper,and now I sound really dumb,but how do I "Mount System"?,and How do I Wipe Data/Factory Reset? :/

you have to boot into recovery and just use the volume keys to scroll up/down in the menu and the camera button to select what you want to do.