[ROM]FRF91 AOSP Fission - Beta Preview

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It's on my to do list :)

This will be a fission release. I've kept fission tweakless. Rubix will have more features. Im building this for a very stable Rubix base. Or maybe ill make it all one.. we will see what angdroid and I decide :)

Will this be a rubiX release, or Fission?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tweakless is great but can u please add the 3g mobile hotspot in :)
thanks
:)

humungus

Reaction score
It's on my to do list :)

This will be a fission release. I've kept fission tweakless. Rubix will have more features. Im building this for a very stable Rubix base. Or maybe ill make it all one.. we will see what angdroid and I decide :)

Tweakless is great but can u please add the 3g mobile hotspot in :)
thanks
:)

Here's a link to the logcat you requested. Having a wife with a stock DX comes in handy every now and then...

alogcat.2010-10-14-23-52-10-0700.txt

Last edited:

maintrain

Reaction score
This is exactly the experience I was looking for on my x. I have a couple questions. I know the hdmi out was mentioned, what are the chances of getting that working? Will the google car home application work fine with this? Will the call log be fixed in the next update?

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This is exactly the experience I was looking for on my x. I have a couple questions. I know the hdmi out was mentioned, what are the chances of getting that working? Will the google car home application work fine with this? Will the call log be fixed in the next update?

The hdmi, i'm not sure what the chance is. I'm shaping it every way I can think of to get it to work. Google car home is included, or should be, and call log is the same as hdmi out right now.

For hdmi out, for the time being, look into real hdmi. It also opens up every app.. browser, youtube, etc. and not just gallery

aream2000

Reaction score
only issue i have is i cant get my droid x to work with rhapsody to go, it keeps saying it can sync the license's besides that i love this rom, im going to donate tomorrow when my paycheck clears

iDroidNow

Reaction score
any word on the updates to this ROM. i am wanting to install it but figured i would wait until version 2.

thanks

riahon

Reaction score
+1 Waiting for some of the kinks to be ironed out with v2. ETA.......please........LOL

jm77

Reaction score
Figured out a fix for the calendar issue... get your hands on a aosp rom and unzip the .zip file. Explore to the system/app folder and copy calendargoogle.apk, calendarprovider.apk and googlecalendarsyncadapter.apk

<snip>

As for the files any droid 1 rom will do. I ripped them from bb 0.5
Also I swapped Mms.apk from tranq for the black background.

This was the trick to fixing the call log problem. I pulled Phone.apk from Bugless Beast and dropped that in place of the existing one. (Used Root Explorer and then fixed the permissions, then rebooted.)

Voila! Working call log.

And I can confirm that your Calendar fix works as described above. Again, I used Root Explorer, not adb.

Thanks for giving me the idea!

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Figured out a fix for the calendar issue... get your hands on a aosp rom and unzip the .zip file. Explore to the system/app folder and copy calendargoogle.apk, calendarprovider.apk and googlecalendarsyncadapter.apk

This was the trick to fixing the call log problem. I pulled Phone.apk from Bugless Beast and dropped that in place of the existing one. (Used Root Explorer and then fixed the permissions, then rebooted.)

Voila! Working call log.

And I can confirm that your Calendar fix works as described above. Again, I used Root Explorer, not adb.

Nice find on the phone! So its just like I thought. Im building for sholes (droid1) source now, compiling as we speak. Ill be at work the majority of the day, then just have to test a few changes. Should be ready for a release tonight hopefully. You guys will thank me for not just pushing a release with a few fixes :)

byproxy

Reaction score

Voila! Working call log.

what are the required permission settings for the files?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Voila! Working call log.

Nice find on the phone! So its just like I thought. Im building for sholes (droid1) source now, compiling as we speak. Ill be at work the majority of the day, then just have to test a few changes. Should be ready for a release tonight hopefully. You guys will thank me for not just pushing a release with a few fixes :)

Thanks for all the hard work, looking forward to the next release!

jm77

Reaction score
what are the required permission settings for the files?

In Root Explorer,

rw-r--r--

User: RW
Group: R
Others: R

It should match the other apk's in /system/app.

I really should be doing this in ssh (via QuickSSHd - much faster), I'm just being lazy.