[ROM]Fission Vanilla 2.1 - 11.13.2010 - Generic Android

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just a note to people who have donated in the past...

You guys should be getting Fission 2.2.1 RC1 tomorrow or Wednesday. Please look at first post for more info.

MrSinister1

Reaction score
If you are coming from a different ROM, besides OEM ROM then I HIGHLY suggest you take the time out to SBF. If you have not SBFed in awhile then I would suggest doing so and ROM download links will be posted around the time you are done. You can find all the SBF files right here on this site.

OK this may be a stupid question but I've been flashing ROMS,themes,etc.etc. since I had my OG droid and I try to think I know a LITTLE something(still learnin everyday)about this and so far KNOCK_KNOCK_KNOCK I've never had to SBF my DX so I know nothing about it but I have the SBF file and I'm sure I could find instructions on how to do it but I'm wondering if this is really necessary and if I will lose root in the process because I'd rather not go through the process of rooting my DX all over again. If it matters I'm coming from Rubix, thanks for any help

Raziel36

Reaction score
If you are coming from a different ROM, besides OEM ROM then I HIGHLY suggest you take the time out to SBF. If you have not SBFed in awhile then I would suggest doing so and ROM download links will be posted around the time you are done. You can find all the SBF files right here on this site.

OK this may be a stupid question but I've been flashing ROMS,themes,etc.etc. since I had my OG droid and I try to think I know a LITTLE something(still learnin everyday)about this and so far KNOCK_KNOCK_KNOCK I've never had to SBF my DX so I know nothing about it but I have the SBF file and I'm sure I could find instructions on how to do it but I'm wondering if this is really necessary and if I will lose root in the process because I'd rather not go through the process of rooting my DX all over again. If it matters I'm coming from Rubix, thanks for any help

SBF will put the phone back to an 'out of the box, new' state, so rerooting would be necessary. You can always attempt to install a new ROM without wiping data/cache/or SBFing, but if it doesn't play well, you'll still end up using that SBF when the phone boot loops or gets stuck on the M logo lol.. I just make sure to keep my TIBackups current and keep a copy of Z4root on hand for quick, easy rooting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Raziel36

Reaction score
aefd510b-2980-8952.jpg
aefd510b-29a4-d1d3.jpg

Loving this ROM... this phone is bad ass. Thanks devs :)

MrSinister1

Reaction score

SBF will put the phone back to an 'out of the box, new' state, so rerooting would be necessary. You can always attempt to install a new ROM without wiping data/cache/or SBFing, but if it doesn't play well, you'll still end up using that SBF when the phone boot loops or gets stuck on the M logo lol.. I just make sure to keep my TIBackups current and keep a copy of Z4root on hand for quick, easy rooting.

I don't care to care to wipe data/cache/ I just didn't want to SBF if I didn't have to. So would just wiping be ok??

Raziel36

Reaction score

I don't care to care to wipe data/cache/ I just didn't want to SBF if I didn't have to. So would just wiping be ok??

Just make sure you follow the install directions, including the steps to clear dalvik and battery stats, as skipping those two forced me to use an SBF, when my phone wouldn't boot completely. Still no way to guarantee that it will work, as each device responds differently.

devinpitcher

Reaction score
I installed this, but as soon as its done, and I press Reboot, I cannot get it to pass the M logo. Pull the battery and turn it back on and it goes right back to Clockwork. I have done it 6 times, and it won't boot each time. I restored back to my backup and it works just fine. Is there something wrong? I downloaded it again and I got the same MD5 so it doesn't seem corrupted. I have it on the root of the SD card, I wiped Cache, Data, battery, dalvik, and selected the ZIP file. I got it working perfectly on my D2, just cannot for the life of me get it on my friends DX.