[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Very nice ROM. Running it for a week or so. I have a couple questions about themes. I can dowloand and swich themes using FRM? There shouldn't be any issues switching themes right? Also are there pics of the themes anywhere? And lastly, if I want to get back to the default Fission look, how do I do that??

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Yes themes can be installed through FRM and to go back to original theme just use upgrade version of latest ROM. No need to wipe...

wirecutter

Reaction score
Many thanks...for everything.

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Can themes be used without the fission rom? I Like the rom but until I reinstall it, I want to try out some of the themes in the mean time

wirecutter

Reaction score
I'm assuming that the content of the recent Moto/Vzw update will get worked into Fission at some point. Is that correct? Or does the update deal with other parts of the device that Fission doesn't touch?

wirecutter

Reaction score
Contact App Crash

I tried to change the Contacts Sort Order
(Contacts app, menu-Display Option, Sort Order)
to Last name instead of First Name. Now the Contacts app crashes with a Force Close anytime I open it. The Phone app also will Force Close if I switch to the Contacts tab.

Wondering if anyone knows a way around this without wiping?

Jim

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm assuming that the content of the recent Moto/Vzw update will get worked into Fission at some point. Is that correct? Or does the update deal with other parts of the device that Fission doesn't touch?

Instaling update now to see what changed and if anything can help Fission for D2G.

bmtbandit

Reaction score
I tried to change the Contacts Sort Order
(Contacts app, menu-Display Option, Sort Order)
to Last name instead of First Name. Now the Contacts app crashes with a Force Close anytime I open it. The Phone app also will Force Close if I switch to the Contacts tab.

Wondering if anyone knows a way around this without wiping?

Jim

Do YOu have Titanium Backup. If so go to Contacts 2.2 and wipe data.

bmtbandit

Reaction score
Exchange Issue/Question

In using Fission with Exchange I noticed a somewhat different behavior than I would expect and have seen with the Stock build.

1. I receive and Email to my exchange account
2. It shows up on both my computer and D2G
3. I read it on the computer
4. It shows up read on the D2G (although several minute delay)
5. Notification wont clear from Status bar

Has anyone else had this experience or can provide a work around(other than just clearing the notification manually)

tecwizrd

Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet and flashed Fission. I like it. The phone is faster and all phone features work so far. Thanks Team DeFuse.

leobg

Reaction score
In using Fission with Exchange I noticed a somewhat different behavior than I would expect and have seen with the Stock build.

1. I receive and Email to my exchange account
2. It shows up on both my computer and D2G
3. I read it on the computer
4. It shows up read on the D2G (although several minute delay)
5. Notification wont clear from Status bar

Has anyone else had this experience or can provide a work around(other than just clearing the notification manually)

That's normal for the stock mail app.

Swirly

Reaction score
question, in FRM the black themes can b used right?? how do i get the black notification bar??

tecwizrd

Reaction score
Once again I want to say thank you to the Fission Team. I am well pleased with the performance and ease of use of this Rom. I have had no issues as of yet, the system seems to be rock solid. I have experienced a couple of applications lockups, but the phone itself has not locked up yet. I simply wait a few seconds and I can back out of the app with the power button. I don't think I will ever go back to a non stock Android. dancedroid

cg735

Reaction score
i am running this rom (love it), but i have a vacation coming up, and im just want to know if i will be able to use a overseas sim-card. i have the unlock code for my phone, but i havent used it yet cause i dont have a overseas sim yet. but ive been looking around and have seen some people with problems in this respect..
has anyone been using this rom and a non-us sim card?

eksempel_123

Reaction score
I bought the phone from the US with unlock code. Used the code, upgraded to this ROM and everything works fine. I can't run the verzion update tho, fails every time.